• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gravvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

Our best midfielder today. So confident in his ability on the ball; he was unpressable. Diligent at the other end too. I think when Klopp rewatches this game, he will wish Ryan started or at least came on earlier.

Last edited:
I like him, but there's something in that LCM position that just doesn't sit right for me with him. I'm probably off, but I dunno. I kind of enjoy what Jones offers from that position, as they're different types of cm.

I feel like we've got some fucking wonderful players, but our system refuses to maximise their potential. Same as szob

Szobo is made for that RCM role. Gravvy was very good today. Should start against Fulham.

I would like to see the balance of Bajcetic-Gravenberch-MacAllister midfield some day.

I really.....really like the guy. His attitude, his skill, his performances (cameos or starts).

Has he had a stinker for us? I can't remember if he has.

For me the role suits him to a tee and he offers more than Jones. Sorry Curtis but it's time to make way. @moron can no longer hold onto that last endearing "but we never lose when Curtis plays" bullshit again.

I like him, but there's something in that LCM position that just doesn't sit right for me with him. I'm probably off, but I dunno. I kind of enjoy what Jones offers from that position, as they're different types of cm.

I feel like we've got some fucking wonderful players, but our system refuses to maximise their potential. Same as szob

That's an interesting comment and I think I might know where you're coming from... I think Gravvy is a ball-progressor or at least that's his most developed quality at the moment. In the past we had more of "stay-at-home" types in Thiago and Gini in this position while Jones is kind of a hybrid of both qualities. So should Klopp try to limit his attacking instincts to mould him into a Gini 2.0 or on the contrary encourage him to play like a true box-to-box? Depends on our tactics and specific games I guess. I think he is talented enough to succeed in a variety of roles, but you also need to find a perfect tactical fit for him at some point.

At the moment, whenever the game is stretched I want him on the pitch as much as possible. And I also want to see him play with Gakpo more and develop an understanding.

Last edited:
That's an interesting comment and I think I might know where you're coming from... I think Gravvy is a ball-progressor or at least that's his most developed quality at the moment. In the past we had more of "stay-at-home" types in Thiago and Gini in this position while Jones is kind of a hybrid of both qualities. So should Klopp try to limit his attacking instincts to mould him into a Gini 2.0 or on the contrary encourage him to play like a true box-to-box? Depends on our tactics and specific games I guess. I think he is talented enough to succeed in a variety of roles, but you also need to find a perfect tactical fit for him at some point..

Absolutely nailed it.

This forum tends to obsess on “the best XI” and a pecking order per position. Klopp’s Liverpool 2.0 is becoming a toolkit of options that can be melded to suit. He’s definitely got multiple options in midfield and up front.

Exceptional talent. £35m was it? Yeah we got a good’un. Nothing missing here I can tell ya that now.

He has a bit of a young Pogba about him, no? That ability to use a highlight-reel worthy trick with his quick feet to get out of tight spots, then the athleticism to get away from pursuit and drive through open space. Still a lot to learn, but he will be some player.

Continuing the analogy with Pogba, the Frenchman thrived in the midfield 3 alongside Pirlo and Arturo Vidal at Juve but struggled in the double-pivot role at United - much like Gravenberch couldn’t find a place in a midfield 2 at Bayern. I think even Tuchel said something to the effect of that he needs to play as box-to-box in the midfield 3 and Bayern don’t have this position in their system.

Last edited:
He has a bit of a young Pogba about him, no? That ability to use a highlight-reel worthy trick with his quick feet to get out of tight spots, then the athleticism to get away from pursuit and drive through open space. Still a lot to learn, but he will be some player.
They seem to share a lot of similar technical ability with the elegance they possess on the ball yes I reckon a young Pogba is as good a player you can draw comparisons with.
I only see him getting better. Excitedly for what’s to come.

Absolutely this, was thinking this, and our system cannot acommodate all of them starting or playing together, and when they do play they are not ....free, they are burdened by worrying about the 6 position. Realistically, untill we get a proper 6 we wont see the best of what sbobz, Gravey, Mac10, Jones, and even Elliot can offer when they start.

He’s chock full of world class potential and has it all. Just imagine the player he’ll be in two seasons time alongside Szobo and (hopefully) the Badger.

Mouthwatering player in a potentially world class midfield.

I really.....really like the guy. His attitude, his skill, his performances (cameos or starts).

Has he had a stinker for us? I can't remember if he has.

For me the role suits him to a tee and he offers more than Jones. Sorry Curtis but it's time to make way. @moron can no longer hold onto that last endearing "but we never lose when Curtis plays" bullshit again.
He had one game where he simply wasn't at the races (I forget which, and he's young so it'll happen) but he is miles ahead of Jones. Had he started we'd have had a much better chance of actually winning yesterday.

Last edited:
He had one game where he simply wasn't at the races (I forget which 0 and he's young so it'll happen) but he is miles ahead of Jones. Had he started we'd have had a much better chance of actually winning yesterday.
Jones has never really done it for me, pretty bland player. The type to bring on for game management to slow the tempo of the game.

Jones is a 5-6/10 across the board, Grav is more of an 8-9.

I hope he goes in to become the player that young Pogba could have become, rather than turning into #Pogback.

I dunno why people are complaining - our midfield is full of youth, skill and options more than it ever has - ok Endo’s old but Asians are the inversion of Africans where you can take 5 years off whatever age they say they are.

If we add a youngish (say in that 22-24 sweet spot) DM that offers a little bit more physicality while also being comfortable against opposition press, can progress the ball through the line and ping long passes - which is no easy feat to find - then our midfield truly will be insane.

I dunno why people are complaining - our midfield is full of youth, skill and options more than it ever has - ok Endo’s old but Asians are the inversion of Africans where you can take 5 years off whatever age they say they are.

If we add a youngish (say in that 22-24 sweet spot) DM that offers a little bit more physicality while also being comfortable against opposition press, can progress the ball through the line and ping long passes - which is no easy feat to find - then our midfield truly will be insane.
An example of an Asian making himself older than he really is?

You won't hear me disagreeing on adding more MFs. 1 is better than 0. What did Klopp or who ever advised him see in Endo, an overpriced 30 year old at the twilight of his career. Its not his fault we paid €20m for him, but there was players like Matts Wieffer who we could have got €20-25m. I don't have much hope we will add in the MF, we might just get a LCB and that's it

We are at this moment so one short of near perfection, it fucking hurts, just one player just one player. Please Mr. TOP TOP respected friend and elders (@Frogfish ) ... call JH through your secret back channels and tell him to buy a decent DM, not a destroyer purely but someone that can time tackles, has a pass, and physicality to his gane. Please for the love of LFC do something, like when you made him put a fake bid in for Caicedo. Please begging you guys.

Good player is Endo. 30 is nothing like a twilight these days, behave. He's also one of few players with a cunt streak in him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom