• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sell EVERYBODY upfront, maybe..?

Whaddapie

Only for the right money, of course, but I'd listen to offers for ANY of our forwards this summer.

Mo is done as a game changer - His last two years was summed up today, minus the goal that often comes to hide his other wastefulness. It didn't today, and he should have been first striker off.
Diaz runs himself into the ground, but so often lacks that killer instinct, that I'm come to expect the miss rather than the goal, when he's through on goal.
Nunez - See Diaz, multiply by infinity.
Jotta - Actually think there's a top, top striker in there, but he's always fucking injured.

As long as we were guaranteed to spend the transfer fees on direct replacements, I'd not complain if any - or all - of them left. Like them all as players, wish it wasn't so, but we scare NOBODY anymore.

And we're not going to, anytime soon, without MAJOR changes up front.

I think we should be trying to tempt Newcastle to sell Isak.

Who would PAY US WHAT WE WANT???????

Mo isn’t going anywhere. The Saudi money won’t be back and nobody is gonna pay him £330k a week. He’s absolutely shot and offers absolutely nothing now his body is broken. Who kept repeating that??????????

Nunez wouldn’t command anything and neither would Gakpo. Jota is our best forward and is injured half the time.

We struck lucky with Saudi money last season with the midfield and bought a whole new one. That isn’t gonna happen this summer with the forwards.

Suppose we will play Danns ;)

Depends on how confident we were on replacing any of them. I'd listen to offers for all of them.

Except danns. As any fule no

Salah - if the Saudis offer big coin and he’s willing to go, if not then keep and run out the contract

Nunez - sell, obviously. If we can get £40m I’d take it willingly

Diaz - the opposite of Salah. If Salah stays then I’d be looking for £40m easy

So then we have 2 strikers gone and the incoming team (DoF, Edwards and manager) can use the proceeds to replace with what the future strategy needs. Summer should be about 2 top forwards and a Matip replacement

Are we just venting now or do people really want to sell the donkey?

We would I imagine sell one of them.
Value wise Mo is 70m, Darwin is probably same as what we paid (65m) and Diaz probably 75m?
I would guess we would sell Diaz based on his desire to possibly move to Barca.
However, not sure I see them paying cash 75m for Diaz though.
Darwin has a higher ceiling and there is a player to work with even if his form is horrible righ now like Mo.

We would I imagine sell one of them.
Value wise Mo is 70m, Darwin is probably same as what we paid (65m) and Diaz probably 75m?
I would guess we would sell Diaz based on his desire to possibly move to Barca.
However, not sure I see them paying cash 75m for Diaz though.
Darwin has a higher ceiling and there is a player to work with even if his form is horrible righ now like Mo.
Oh definitely sell Mo. I said it at the start of the season. Pointless keeping him considering his contract situation

Oh definitely sell Mo. I said it at the start of the season. Pointless keeping him considering his contract situation
I think even if we wanted to, he doesn’t want to go to Saudi. It’s not just our decision alone to make.

He'll go to Saudi. They won't take no for an answer when it comes to Salah
They took a big No over last summer, honestly think he is leaving on a free. Best we can do is bring in a younger RW and bed him in this year. Not a huge amount of options on that side anyway.
Sell Diaz, look at someone like Leao and rebuild that left side too.

They took a big No over last summer, honestly think he is leaving on a free. Best we can do is bring in a younger RW and bed him in this year. Not a huge amount of options on that side anyway.
Sell Diaz, look at someone like Leao and rebuild that left side too.
Because we said no. Salah was like whatever

If we get a 100m offer for Salah, it's a no brainer.
If we get a 70m offer for Diaz, it's a no brainer.

Then use the money to sign players who'd more suited to a 3412/3421 formation.

If we can't get Musiala or Wirtz then I'd be looking at someone like Cunha and Goncalves.

I think if he had said yes we may have gone hmmm.
Think relying on Salah sale to rebuild attack is not constructive. we should have the money required to buy a striker and a couple of players this summer I reckon regardless. Anything else is a bonus.

What makes our attack painfully worse is that the players on the pitch will always look to play the ball to Salah; believing that it is the same player from 3-4 years ago, even when there is a better ball on...

Nunez... The guy makes runs looking to get a ball which rarely comes. Yes he misses chances, but does not Salah..?
Sell Salah in the summer Keep Daiz,Nunez and Jota Goals will come

What bothers me about our attack is that after 2 seasons of playing together there still seems to have be no discernible chemistry between forwards. Nunez and Salah had something going early on in the season, but lost it after the injury period (maybe because Darwin became “the man” during Mo’s absence and Mo went into his greedy mode, trying to make up for lost time). Diaz plays with his head down too much to develop chemistry with anyone; I had high hopes for Gakpo, but it’s clear he is no Firmino; maybe Jota is actually the one most capable of a bit of interplay.

So the result of all this is that they are not more than the sum of their parts; they are all pretty good individual forwards with varied qualities that don’t form a cohesive attack no matter which way you combine them. I think this is why it was Klopp’s fatal mistake to bench Elliott after Salah and Szobo came back - he was the one attacking player playing unselfishly and creating chances for others. He was the glue holding a make-shift attack together for a while and without him we suddenly became unglued.

Last edited:
If we get a 100m offer for Salah, it's a no brainer.
If we get a 70m offer for Diaz, it's a no brainer.

Then use the money to sign players who'd more suited to a 3412/3421 formation.

If we can't get Musiala or Wirtz then I'd be looking at someone like Cunha and Goncalves.
I saw someone suggest we could get Musiala for £70m. Get the fuck outta here ! As if. He'd be well over £100m and Bayern aren't selling anyway. Dream on.

Wirtz maybe but Leverkusen aren't selling whilst Xabi is there.

Alonso should move while his stock are high. Buuut I guess he thinks he can do something with Leverkusen in Europe. That will be tough.

What bothers me about our attack is that after 2 seasons of playing together there still seems to have be no discernible chemistry between forwards. Nunez and Salah had something going early on in the season, but lost it after the injury period (maybe because Darwin became “the man” during Mo’s absence and Mo went into his greedy mode, trying to make up for lost time). Diaz plays with his head down too much to develop chemistry with anyone; I had high hopes for Gakpo, but it’s clear he is no Firmino; maybe Jota is actually the one most capable of a bit of interplay.

So the result of all this is that they are not more than the sum of their parts; they are all pretty good individual forwards with varied qualities that don’t form a cohesive attack no matter which way you combine them. I think this is why it was Klopp’s fatal mistake to bench Elliott after Salah and Szobo came back - he was the one attacking player playing unselfishly and creating chances for others. He was the glue holding a make-shift attack together for a while and without him we suddenly became unglued.
Good observations. Who is the first choice line-up going forward? It is not clear is it?
I guess that tells its own story. Your point about unselfishness is a good one too. A bit like having too many playmakers, as we also do.

Was it not Shankly who said football was like playing a piano, needing 8 people to carry the damn thing, and two who could play it?

I would pay
£110 m for Wirtz AND
£110 m for Musiala.

We've been good boys. I'm sure we can pass PSR even with this.

Don't think these two are for sale though.

Are we just venting now or do people really want to sell the donkey?
Seeing how many Big Chances he's missed is shocking.

That said he isn't our main striker and I don't think there is anyone in the PL with a 2nd striker with his goals and assists ( @King Binny ) so no I wouldn't sell. Next year he must make huge grounds in taking Big Chances though otherwise I'm done too.

I think Edwards will sell Salah this summer. Nunez, Jota, Diaz and Gakpo will be kept on.

Sadly its probably time for Mo to move on. Hopefully we can get 100 mill + from PSG or Saudi.

Back
Top Bottom