• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

Wait wait guys, we are linked with another random manager. He has won the third rate tier league he's in, but we need far more in depth analysis than that. You'll never believe this, but on the way to winning the title his team won a high percentage of games, scoring an above average number of goals, all whole conceding a below average amount. It's dizzying stuff, I feel like I've seen his soul now.

I feel we’ve already got the manager decided just waiting until the end of the season to announce.

When did Amorim become the Messiah?
Look this Slot has no hair, he don't even have any beard - I don't want him , and am worried he will play this basketball bollox that we have witnessed with Klopp infused PepL bollox that has screwed us up. At least Amorim is a winner in his league for now with a club that was failing to win the title against the regular rivals.
Anyway - I am hearing that the rumours of Amorim not joining is now potential bollox.

7903304e-c064-11ed-9632-0210609a3fe2.jpg

The Interview

In 2019-2020, Ten Hag's Ajax and Slot's AZ were equal on points when the season was cancelled.

In Ten Hag's penultimate season in the Eredivise, Ajax won 28 of 34 games, lost twice and had a goal difference of 79. Feyenoord was 5th.

In Ten Hag's last season (Slot's first at Feyenoord), Ajax won 26 games, lost three, and again had a goal difference of 79, scoring 102 goals. Feyenoord was 3rd.

The season after Ten Hag's departure, Ajax came third and Feyenoord won, winning 25 games, losing 2, with a goal difference of 51.

Ajax is currently fifth, and Slot's Feyenoord is 2nd

I know Ajax is a lot richer than the other teams, but based on the above, which of the two managers would you think is the better manager?

Erik ten Hag has the best PPM out of all Dutch managers in Premier League history till date.

A look at the Premier League’s Dutch managers and how they have fared

Ruud Gullit
Chelsea (player-manager) 1996-98, Newcastle 1998-99
Played 104: Won 41, Drew 26, Lost 37. Win rate: 39 per cent. PPM: 1.18

Martin Jol
Tottenham 2004-07, Fulham 2011-13
P202: W75, D51, L76. Win rate: 37 per cent. PPM: 1.11

Guus Hiddink
Chelsea (interim) 2009 and 2015-16
P34: W18, D12, L4. Win rate: 53 per cent. PPM: 1.59

Rene Meulensteen
Fulham 2013-14
P13: W3, D1, L9. Win rate: 23 per cent. PPM: 0.69

Ronald Koeman
Southampton 2014-16, Everton 2016-17
P123: W55, D27, L41. Win rate: 45 per cent. PPM: 1.34

Louis van Gaal
Manchester United 2014-16
P76: W39, D19, L18. Win rate: 51 per cent. PPM: 1.54

Dick Advocaat
Sunderland, 2015
P17: W3, D6, L8. Win rate: 18 per cent. PPM: 0.53

Frank de Boer
Crystal Palace 2017
P4: W0, D0, L4. Win rate: 0 per cent. PPM: 0

Erik ten Hag
Manchester United 2022-till date
P70: W38, D11, L21. Win rate: 54 per cent. PPM: 1.79

Another example why data does not always tell the whole picture.

How is Guus a worse manager than Ten Haag based on the above stats alone ?

Only lost 4 times yet you'd think Ten Haag is the better achiever based on PPM alone.

Best PPM I said. :oops: In the first place, it’s never fair to compare managers directly, managing in different era, with different squad strength and with different league competitiveness. Just an overview of how Dutch managers have performed in the league.

I suppose we could stick a coin in him, pull his arm and see if we’re a winner.
Standing in the bog of a west end bar
Guy on the right leaning over too far
Money in my pocket gonna put it in the slot
Open up the pack see what type I got

Protex fucking blue! Don't want

Conclusion - Dutch managers suck. Unless you’re Cryuff, a one in a million.
Hiddink was all right. And Rinus Michels, of course.

They did produce some of the absolute worst over the years though - Frank de Boer still holds the record for the worst record in EPL history and the likes of Koeman and Advocaat played utterly turgid schematic football.

so no dutch managers, no italian players, any other nationalities we have an issue with? German goalies? has Karius ruined it for them?

Standing in the bog of a west end bar
Guy on the right leaning over too far
Money in my pocket gonna put it in the slot
Open up the pack see what type I got

Protex fucking blue! Don't want
Are we doing the whole back catalogue?

English things underrated:

Food
Landscape
Weather (Yes weather! I think we have great weather. Normally not too hot or cold, mixtures between seasons. It’s boss.)

English things overrated:
Footy managers

Weather (Yes weather! I think we have great weather. Normally not too hot or cold, mixtures between seasons. It’s boss.)
But you live in the NW! When I finally moved ‘Darn souf’ I was amazed at the difference in blue skies vs overcast drizzly ones. It may not rain quite as much as it feels like but the amount of days you only see grey above you was soooo depressing

Back
Top Bottom