• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
Yeah he probably should have put that header away at the end, but fuck it. He's a player and he's got a big future with us, but he needs to play centrally from here on out.

The more I watch him the more I think we bought Gerrard's replacement ahead of time.

Was about the say the same. He doesn't have Gerrard 'fuck you' attitude but there is a player in there. Welcome to Liverpool Jordon.

I was really impressed with him when he came on and I rate him. He hasn't really shown it so far for us, but you can tell he's a good player.

Why isn't this in the Liverpool v Man U thread? ???

[quote author=Dee link=topic=47182.msg1412410#msg1412410 date=1318686182]
Upgrade on Lucas at any rate.
[/quote]

We looked a lot more dangerous when we had Adam, Henderson and Gerrard in the middle.

i've always thought henderson was probably signed with a view to eventually replacing gerrard, because that was the only explanation that made any sense. personally, though, i think it's a dangerous game trying to replace legends like gerrard like-for-like; i'd prefer to replace their role in the team rather than all their attributes, so, in gerrard's case, as he's played his best stuff effectively in a free attacking role, i'd have been looking for someone who can do the same, if not with all the same qualities. someone like david silva, or that goetze lad from dortmund.

[quote author=the count link=topic=47182.msg1412408#msg1412408 date=1318686140]
[/quote]

I'm trying to lead by example. It takes a lot of effort to press that "new topic" button

Lucas wasn't bad folks. He was on a booking and it made sense for him to come off.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47182.msg1412400#msg1412400 date=1318685978]
Yeah he probably should have put that header away at the end, but fuck it. He's a player and he's got a big future with us, but he needs to play centrally from here on out.

The more I watch him the more I think we bought Gerrard's replacement ahead of time.
[/quote]

Totally agree. I actually said that when we bought him.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47182.msg1412421#msg1412421 date=1318686474]
Lucas wasn't bad folks. He was on a booking and it made sense for him to come off.
[/quote]

No he wasn't bad but he's a bit pointless.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47182.msg1412421#msg1412421 date=1318686474]
[/quote]

Actually I give him his due more than most ... but not today, he gave the ball away far too much and it was noticeable that when Henderson came on, someone noted for his good passing game, we started to dominate MF. I hope we keep those three together from now on.

The more I watch him the more I think we bought Gerrard's replacement ahead of time.[/quote]

I said this when we bought him. Did well when he came on, much more suited to a central position. Should have stuck that header away though.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47182.msg1412428#msg1412428 date=1318686790]
Well Lucas is suspended vs. Norwich so maybe we'll see it.
[/quote]

Irish drinkies will be ace

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47182.msg1412420#msg1412420 date=1318686473]
[quote author=the count link=topic=47182.msg1412408#msg1412408 date=1318686140]
[/quote]

I'm trying to lead by example. It takes a lot of effort to press that "new topic" button
[/quote]Only pulling your chain mate.
Just pissed off we didn't close the game out and that I had to try and watch it on the worst stream ever.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47182.msg1412436#msg1412436 date=1318687002]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47182.msg1412428#msg1412428 date=1318686790]
Well Lucas is suspended vs. Norwich so maybe we'll see it.
[/quote]

Irish drinkies will be ace
[/quote]It's going to leave all other drinkies in it's wake

I kept asking for him to impact games and he did today. I want him to succeed here and I hope he brings this confidence forward.

I do like Henderson but in my mind I'm not clear if that's just me willing him to be good or whether I actually believe he will be.

One thing is for sure though, you can't doubt his desire and commitment to do well and that on itself is massively endearing.

I still don't see it . Hope i'm wrong like but bar one goal it says alot that one decent shot and one decent header are the most he's produced . For £16m i'd expect more . I don't think he has the balls or drive to ever be a consistent top player .

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47182.msg1412461#msg1412461 date=1318688677]
I still don't see it . Hope i'm wrong like but bar one goal it says alot that one decent shot and one decent header are the most he's produced . For £16m i'd expect more . I don't think he has the balls or drive to ever be a consistent top player .
[/quote]

If you ever watch him play for the England U21s I think you may change your mind. He is consistently one of our best 3 players. He's very young and this is a huge step up ... I'm confident he'll make it.

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=47182.msg1412465#msg1412465 date=1318688993]
[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47182.msg1412461#msg1412461 date=1318688677]
[/quote]

If you ever watch him play for the England U21s I think you may change your mind. He is consistently one of our best 3 players. He's very young and this is a huge step up ... I'm confident he'll make it.
[/quote]

England U21s ? if he didn't look semi decent for them then i'd be very worried . Obviously i want him to be successful with us but right now i'm still not convinced he will be or that the money couldn't have been spent better. I mean he's not 18 or something , he's been bought to be a major part of our first team , how patient do we have to be? . And if he can't play right mid then why are we trying to fit him in there ?

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47182.msg1412486#msg1412486 date=1318690938] And if he can't play right mid then why are we trying to fit him in there ?
[/quote]

That ... is a very good question.

[/quote]

What makes you think he's Gerrard replacement in future? What does he have that Gerrard had at his age?

The only thing i can think of is playing as a central midfielder. That's the only similarity i can think of. Nothing more than that.

He doesn't have the drive, skill, pace, aggression, passing ability, vision and technique that Gerrard have. I just don't fucking see it in Henderson. When Gerrard at his age, we can see all that.

Nothing special this Henderson kid. Nothing special. I hope i'm wrong but this kid is just an average overpriced English midfielder. That is just it.

He was fucking gash for the u21s when I saw him. What does he excel at? I think people are willing him to do well, which is nice. But all I can see is an average inconsistent lad who was probably worth about a 4 million quid punt. 16 million? Steve bruces fat head must've nearly exploded when he got that fax.

Its like a rerun of Ming under the Hodge last year, played on the right = shite

Yet in the middle he suddenly looks 10 times the player, lets hope he can 'spurt' on like Ming did in the latter part of last season....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom