• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47182.msg1413644#msg1413644 date=1318937894]
Fuck off Glock, there's a good lad.
[/quote]

When you dish out rubbish about something be prepared to be served back...no matter how nonsensical it is. Fuck off indeed.

[quote author=Woland link=topic=47182.msg1413276#msg1413276 date=1318879509]
Adam already has more goals and assists in a few games than Lucas has managed in over 100 appearances.

I think that alone proves which side of the debate can't see what's painfully obvious. Lucas is quite bad at football.
[/quote]

I'd agree with that. Let's forget the flip side - j. a few games Adam has left more holes and mistakes leading to goals than Lucas has in over 2 years.

That said I've already said I'd like to see Hendo in central for a couple of games - importantly against fit opposition.

Henderson is just lacking belief in his own ability, you can see he has a touch of class about him, he looks a little nervous to me and he's choosing the safe option with his passing, once he settles the rest will come, he does need to play centrally though for that to happen.
I think he will blossom into a classy midfielder.

Re: Re: Henderson

[quote author=rabid red link=topic=47182.msg1413668#msg1413668 date=1318940982]
Henderson is just lacking belief in his own ability, you can see he has a touch of class about him, he looks a little nervous to me and he's choosing the safe option with his passing, once he settles the rest will come, he does need to play centrally though for that to happen.
I think he will blossom into a classy midfielder.
[/quote]

X2

[quote author=The_Rule link=topic=47182.msg1413649#msg1413649 date=1318938286]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47182.msg1413644#msg1413644 date=1318937894]
[/quote]

When you dish out rubbish about something be prepared to be served back...no matter how nonsensical it is. Fuck off indeed.
[/quote]

I'm bored of Glocky now.

Re: Hendo , im massively excited about his potential in a central role - I really hope Kenny keeps it up.

Dynanisism, intelligence, skill he's got it all and will only get better , that was the first time he played centrally for us ( although he's given it a good go from the right before this ;) ) so I don't know why people were expecting him to rape them.

Playing centrally for the first time in a team and it's against utd- fuck knows what he'll be capable of against lesser teams in a few months...

[quote author=themn link=topic=47182.msg1413689#msg1413689 date=1318946096]
[quote author=The_Rule link=topic=47182.msg1413649#msg1413649 date=1318938286]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

is there an echo in here...

in here...

in here...

in here...

[quote author=The_Rule link=topic=47182.msg1413639#msg1413639 date=1318937567]
at the end of the day fucking Lucas will play 80% of the game as our defensive / box-to-box cum attacking midfielder. No one can do it better than Lucas.
[/quote]

*cries*

[quote author=Wizardry link=topic=47182.msg1413659#msg1413659 date=1318939802]
Adam already has more goals and assists in a few games than Lucas has managed in over 100 appearances.

I think that alone proves which side of the debate can't see what's painfully obvious. Lucas is quite bad at football.
[/quote]

I'd agree with that. Let's forget the flip side - j. a few games Adam has left more holes and mistakes leading to goals than Lucas has in over 2 years.

[/quote]

What goal has Adam directly been responsible for this season? Honest question. I don't think what you have stated is true....but i don't think you are a fact fudger as well. So i'm confused.

[/quote]
- j. a few games Adam has left more holes and mistakes leading to goals than Lucas has in over 2 years.

[/quote]

I don't think that's true at all. In fact, its nonsense.

[/quote]

That said I've already said I'd like to see Hendo in central for a couple of games - importantly against fit opposition.
[/quote]

Hmmm... Not so sure about that. The number of times Lucas has given away stupid fouls in stupid areas that give massive opportunities to opponents with free kicks is mind boggling. He does less of that now but he still does it. It's not so much counting the number of goals actually scored against us because of him but how many opportunities he ends up giving them.
I just don't find him reliable enough as a dm and not good enough to play anywhere else either. Shame as he's a good lad with great attitude and workrate. All his teammates seem to like him as well.

[quote author=ankreds link=topic=47182.msg1413821#msg1413821 date=1318965511]
Lucas is not a box to box midfielder, never has been never will be.
[/quote]

Half wrong, half right. He certainly was when he arrived from Brazil, but he's spent so much time and effort getting used to a deeper role now that I doubt he'd be able to make the switch back again - to a standard high enough for us anyway - even if he tried.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=47182.msg1413979#msg1413979 date=1319011961]
[quote author=ankreds link=topic=47182.msg1413821#msg1413821 date=1318965511]
Lucas is not a box to box midfielder, never has been never will be.
[/quote]

Half wrong, half right. He certainly was when he arrived from Brazil, but he's spent so much time and effort getting used to a deeper role now that I doubt he'd be able to make the switch back again - to a standard high enough for us anyway - even if he tried.
[/quote]

yup. We ruined him.

I think that's only half true, ok so he never got developed into that role over here, but if you're good enough do you really lose those attacking instincts? Look at where Gerrard started his career for us, he filled in right back, defensive midfield. Everywhere.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=47182.msg1414000#msg1414000 date=1319017148]
I think that's only half true, ok so he never got developed into that role over here, but if you're good enough do you really lose those attacking instincts? Look at where Gerrard started his career for us, he filled in right back, defensive midfield. Everywhere.
[/quote]

Yeah, he "filled in", he's never been asked to deputise a position which is different to what he's used to for long periods. Even at RW its still fundamentally similar (attack, pass, shoot).

Lucas hasn't played in an attacking role for us for like 3 years. He was under Rafa, a manager who loved defensive stability. I'd be very surprised if he just wasnt exceptionally rusty at attacking now, and hes never really got used to playing against PL defenders

This is what Lucas had to say about his preferred position a couple years back:

I'm in my favourite position now: I'm a second defensive midfielder, the one who is allowed to help the forwards when he gets an opportunity. My main strength is that I work hard for the team. I also think I'm a good marker, and I pass the ball well. But I need to improve my shooting and the attacking part of my game.

The facts are that he's never looked natural or particularly comfortable in the final third. That's got nothing to do with being rusty and everything to do with the fact that it's not part of his game. He may like to get forwards and get involved more but he's never improved enough in that area for it to be valuable to the team.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47182.msg1414021#msg1414021 date=1319020647]
This is what Lucas had to say about his preferred position a couple years back:

I'm in my favourite position now: I'm a second defensive midfielder, the one who is allowed to help the forwards when he gets an opportunity. My main strength is that I work hard for the team. I also think I'm a good marker, and I pass the ball well. But I need to improve my shooting and the attacking part of my game.

The facts are that he's never looked natural or particularly comfortable in the final third. That's got nothing to do with being rusty and everything to do with the fact that it's not part of his game. He may like to get forwards and get involved more but he's never improved enough in that area for it to be valuable to the team.

[/quote]

to be honest just having the engine to get forwards to add numbers to the attack and then back to defend is an asset. you can make runs to drag away defenders, make defense splitting pass you don't necessarily have to be clinical like a true attacker. were viera and keane clinical?

I'll agree with your first point.

The ability to make defence splitting passes in the final third (I'm not talking about playing someone in behind the defence from midfield here) is pointing to an attacking prowess that there has been no real evidence for.

As for Keane and Vieira... why are you using two world class dominating and imposing midfielders as reference points in a debate about Lucas?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47182.msg1414035#msg1414035 date=1319023941]
I'll agree with your first point.

The ability to make defence splitting passes in the final third (I'm not talking about playing someone in behind the defence from midfield here) is pointing to an attacking prowess that there has been no real evidence for.

As for Keane and Vieira... why are you using two world class dominating and imposing midfielders as reference points in a debate about Lucas?
[/quote]

you're talking about lucas? I thought you were talking about henderson.
I was essentially saying if henderson has the engine to get forwards then he has enough ability to make something happen with a pass into a dangerous area, off the top of my head I remember two defense splitting passes from him.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47182.msg1414038#msg1414038 date=1319024769]
"This is what Lucas had to say"
[/quote]

opps! I just read the final paragraph of your post and assumed you were talking about henderson (as it's a henderson thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom