• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Iago the Imperious

Status
Not open for further replies.

localny

Well-Known
Iago Aspas scored twice as Celta Vigo sent Barcelona crashing to a 4-1 defeat to temporarily go top of La Liga.

After disappointing spells at Liverpool and Sevilla, Aspas is back to his best this season having returned to Celta. He struck clinical finishes in either half against a Barcelona side who were far from their normal dominant selves.

Manuel Nolito, a former Barca youth player, scored his fifth goal in as many games to put Celta ahead after 25 minutes with a pinpoint curling drive from the left of the area. Aspas then chipped the ball over the goalkeeper, Marc-Andre ter Stegen, for the second just minutes later.

It was clear that it was not going to be Barcelona’s day when Lionel Messi struck the woodwork after 52 minutes with only keeper Sergio Alvarez to beat, before Aspas raced clear and slotted home on 55 minutes.

Barcelona’s Neymar scored from a tight angle after 80 minutes, but the Celta substitute John Guidetti volleyed in his side’s fourth minutes later.

After the game, Aspas expressed his delight at the result. "When I came back from Liverpool, I was devastated, unhappy and confused by all the over instruction by the manager. Now I am back to playing with my animal instincts" said Aspas "The goals are pouring in, and no-one turns a corner like me" he said.

Celta lead La Liga with 13 points, one more than Barca after five games, while Real, who are on 10 points, play Athletic Bilbao later this evening.

Gerrard on Aspas and Alberto: '[They] were really nice boys who, technically, were very good footballers. But straightaway, as soon as I saw them in the dressing room, I knew they weren't going to make it in the Premier League. It boiled down to physique. They had the bodies of little boys - and looked about fifteen. I thought, "Jesus, how are you going to cope against John Terry, Ashley Willliams and Ryan Shawcross?" I immediately knew that Aspas would never be able to play up front on his own'.

Gerrard on Aspas and Alberto: '[They] were really nice boys who, technically, were very good footballers. But straightaway, as soon as I saw them in the dressing room, I knew they weren't going to make it in the Premier League. It boiled down to physique. They had the bodies of little boys - and looked about fifteen. I thought, "Jesus, how are you going to cope against John Terry, Ashley Willliams and Ryan Shawcross?" I immediately knew that Aspas would never be able to play up front on his own'.

Just sees right through the bullshit doesn't he? One look is all it takes and he bloody well calls it. Sterling and coutinho must have very hairy chests.

I'd be pretty upset if a work colleague wrote a book and said he's seen me naked and that I've a little boy's body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom