• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injuries updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you have shipped out the likes of Gerrard as well then, he had about 5-6 injuries before he became our captain.
Again, mitigating circumstances due to his body growth. He never missed 40-50% of games.

His record is a huge concern. Like with oxlade chamberlain, Keita and Thiago.
His record is nowhere near as bad as those. Ox Naby Thiago Matip Gomez are injury prone players. Jota is far from that. Go find how how football he's missed in the past 5 years before this season.

Wouldn't want Diaz to pick up another injury, he'd be on last chance saloon as well.

Or is that another 1 that falls under your mitigating narrative to suit your agenda?

His record is nowhere near as bad as those. Ox Naby Thiago Matip Gomez are injury prone players. Jota is far from that. Go find how how football he's missed in the past 5 years before this season.

Wouldn't want Diaz to pick up another injury, he'd be on last chance saloon as well.

Or is that another 1 that falls under your mitigating narrative to suit your agenda?
If Newcastle offered £70m in the summer, you wouldn't sell?

I'm a big fan of Jota but let's be real it's more than 1 or 2 injuries. According to transfermarkt he's missed 43 games and counting with injury since joining us. So in 2.5 seasons he's missed an entire seasons worth of football. I'd say he starts a similar number of games as Thiago, the difference being Thiago is nearly 32 and winding down his career.

If a serious offer were made for Jota we'd be mad not to consider it.

There is no agenda. He misses A LOT of games. With Diaz, time will tell. But if he keeps on having repeated injuries then yes, get rid. There’s nothing more useless to this club than consistently injured players.

There is no agenda. He misses A LOT of games. With Diaz, time will tell. But if he keeps on having repeated injuries then yes, get rid. There’s nothing more useless to this club than consistently injured players.

He played 55 times in all comps last season.....that's playing a lot, not missing a lot.

Like I say learn to know where to draw the line between crocks and someone's who's had 1 or 2 injuries.

A crock wouldn't be able to play as many games/minutes as he did last season.

He missed 23 the season before. He’s missed 16 so far this season. That is a lot.

When a player is having multiple injuries you need to reflect on those injuries to determine if they’re a crock. It isn’t a case of x% makes them a crock. Repeatedly having periods out makes them a crock. Just like you would in any workplace you’d look across the history of the person before deciding to get rid.

Forget the amount here that's besides the point.

I'd take 70m for most of our players regardless of injury status.

Forget the amount here that's besides the point.

I'd take 70m for most of our players regardless of injury status.
So you're with me, you'd sell him for around £70m? He will have missed close to or over 50 games for Liverpool since 2020 until he returns in Feb/March. Do we really want another Andy Carroll or Naby on our hands? Injuries take their toll, so cashing in while his stock remains high would be the prudent thing to do

[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Hamstring Injury{/td}
{td}Aug 1, 2022{/td}
{td}Sep 1, 2022{/td}
{td}31 days{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Calf Injury{/td}
{td}Oct 17, 2022{/td}
{td}Dec 31, 2022{/td}
{td}75 days{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Ankle Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 14, 2022{/td}
{td}Feb 28, 2022{/td}
{td}14 days{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Bruised Knee{/td}
{td}Dec 7, 2020{/td}
{td}Mar 1, 2021{/td}
{td}84 days{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Foot Injury{/td}
{td}May 13, 2021{/td}
{td}May 24, 2021{/td}
{td}11 days{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Ankle Injury{/td}
{td}Sep 23, 2019{/td}
{td}Oct 21, 2019{/td}
{td}28 days{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Calf Injury{/td}
{td}Jan 2, 2020{/td}
{td}Jan 23, 2020{/td}
{td}21 days{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18/19{/td}
{td}Bruise{/td}
{td}Oct 29, 2018{/td}
{td}Nov 12, 2018{/td}
{td}14 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18/19{/td}
{td}Hamstring Injury{/td}
{td}Dec 13, 2018{/td}
{td}Jan 14, 2019{/td}
{td}32 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18/19{/td}
{td}Bruise{/td}
{td}Jan 31, 2019{/td}
{td}Feb 25, 2019{/td}
{td}25 days{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16/17{/td}
{td}Ankle Injury{/td}
{td}Aug 18, 2016{/td}
{td}Sep 5, 2016{/td}
{td}18 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Shoulder Injury{/td}
{td}May 5, 2016{/td}
{td}May 19, 2016{/td}
{td}14 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

I'd rather we kept him tbf, he's a quality player & I'm not that concerned for his fitness.

You have to be careful what you wish for, 70m will only take you so far....sign a replacement, ok he might always be available but won't as much of an effect on games like Jota.
Or the replacement could have a relatively clean bill of health (like Jota had before we signed him - I don't see anything too major during his time at Wolves) and go down the exact same route.

I mean imagine us actually selling a player of Jota's calibre to a club like Newcastle....what would that say about us as a club? We should be the ones poaching the likes of Saint Max and Guimares off them.

Last edited:
Firmino injured. If it’s bad then surely means we have no choice but 442 with Mo & Darwin up top for forseeable

For sport
Sport ...

TELEMMGLPICT000000653774_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqdovMuQVgtuOAShSPqfMYsLaWsijuKxROAkV7t-gPMl4.jpeg

Klopp on the knocks sustained by Elliott and Robertson during the game...
Funnily enough, Harvey, before the game, injured Robbo a little bit. In our warm-up game, he hit him with a knee at the hip, so it was a dead leg. He could play but then at one point the muscle closed and he couldn’t play on. Harvey got a knock, which was quite painful, but when you see the situation because it is clear that’s painful, but that’s it, I think.

He says "we're hopeful he could be back at the end of January" in the next tweet so that's that

Being 'back' implies he was 'there' to start with. I do remember him ambling around aimlessly for a few minutes at the end of the thumping from Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom