• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
GREAT NEWS!!!

Klopp: "Fabinho out on the pitch doing the running stuff".

If those players are possibly available for the game against Spurs it might tempt Klopp into playing a stronger team than expected against Everton on Sunday

If those players are possibly available for the game against Spurs it might tempt Klopp into playing a stronger team than expected against Everton on Sunday
Nah, most of them aren't match fit. We're unlucky with the fixture list in January. I mean, Spurs A, Man H, Wolves A. I'm not liking the West Ham away game after that either.
Hopefully we beat Everton and get a "smaller" team at home in the 5th round so our injured players can get a proper game under their belt by the end of January.

I'd read that a little differently. I think that we are no longer on a central defensive precipice with Phillips as next man in. I would play Phillips and Gomez on Sunday, but be a little less concerned about playing Gomez with the availability of Matip/Lovren on the horizon. Sounds like Matip may be a little ahead based on Klopp's comments and may even be in contention for Sunday.
For central mid, we have Henderson and Wijnaldum who I'd like to protect on Sunday. Have Lallana and Milner play with Jones. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks we'll have at least one of Keita, Oxlade or Fabinho as a bench option. Minamino hopefully also in contention. Fabinho and Matip I see as key - even if only as bench options.
These next few weeks we can effectively close the door on City. Their glimmer of hope must be us dropping points in more than one game by the end of the month. If we can take 8+ points from the 4 games then I think we will be in a very strong position by February.

Matip will need time to work on his fitness though, shame he wasnt fit for this weekends game against the Blueshite.

Great news on the injuries possibly being ready in a week or so. That’s a huge relief

Nah, most of them aren't match fit. We're unlucky with the fixture list in January. I mean, Spurs A, Man H, Wolves A. I'm not liking the West Ham away game after that either.
Hopefully we beat Everton and get a "smaller" team at home in the 5th round so our injured players can get a proper game under their belt by the end of January.

Easy wins in every game :D

I'd read that a little differently. I think that we are no longer on a central defensive precipice with Phillips as next man in. I would play Phillips and Gomez on Sunday, but be a little less concerned about playing Gomez with the availability of Matip/Lovren on the horizon. Sounds like Matip may be a little ahead based on Klopp's comments and may even be in contention for Sunday.
For central mid, we have Henderson and Wijnaldum who I'd like to protect on Sunday. Have Lallana and Milner play with Jones. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks we'll have at least one of Keita, Oxlade or Fabinho as a bench option. Minamino hopefully also in contention. Fabinho and Matip I see as key - even if only as bench options.
These next few weeks we can effectively close the door on City. Their glimmer of hope must be us dropping points in more than one game by the end of the month. If we can take 8+ points from the 4 games then I think we will be in a very strong position by February.

I don’t want the gap ever getting to 10 again, 1 game in hand or not.

GREAT NEWS!!!

Klopp: "Fabinho out on the pitch doing the running stuff".

Even the bit about Clynie is good .. he would be great to give TAA 20 mins break here or there and even a full match on occasions. Keep TAA fresh for the CL Final.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’d say Hoever is ahead of him now,
You only say that because we've hardly seen anything of Clyne for a year (except when he played well for a few matches before being injured again) ! Clyne is clearly a much better player than Hoever (at RB) when fit and that's what we need, quality backup in every position. With the PL, FAC and CL I can't see him leaving until the Summer and no doubt if fit (and drug free) then he'll be on the bench.

You only say that because we've hardly seen anything of Clyne for a year (except when he played well for a few matches before being injured again) ! Clyne is clearly a much better player than Hoever (at RB) when fit and that's what we need, quality backup in every position. With the PL, FAC and CL I can't see him leaving until the Summer and no doubt if fit (and drug free) then he'll be on the bench.
You mean like last season, when he had just played well for us against Utd, we were going for the PL and CL and he decided to go on loan to Bournemouth ...

You mean like last season, when he had just played well for us against Utd, we were going for the PL and CL and he decided to go on loan to Bournemouth ...
Let's put it another way .. I can't see Klopp allowing him to leave on loan/sale until the end of the season.

Clyne came in and was outstanding against Utd.

I’d happily see him back in
I have to agree 100% with you on this. When, Klopp came and inherited that defense, only Clyne was our most stable defender. He was brilliant in that game against united last season, Rashford did not get a look in, none of his tricks worked against Clyne. I wish he would stay, defence ways, he hardly ever made mistakes.

So Ox fully back, Matip Shaq Fab back in training.

Is there any news on Naby & Dejan?

We have a somewhat hectic schedule ahead of us (after the Spurs game) with just about 3 days between games.

Saturday, 11 January
Tottenham v Liverpool

Sunday, 19 January
Liverpool v Man Utd

Thursday, 23 January
Wolves v Liverpool

25/26 January
Shrewsbury/Bristol C v Liverpool

Wednesday, 29 January
West Ham v Liverpool

Saturday, 1 February
Liverpool v Southampton

We need all the players we can get.

Last edited:
We have a somewhat hectic schedule ahead of us (after the Spurs game) with probably with just about 3 days between games.

Saturday, 11 January
Tottenham v Liverpool

Sunday, 19 January
Liverpool v Man Utd

Thursday, 23 January
Wolves v Liverpool

25/26 January
Shrewsbury/Bristol C v Liverpool

Wednesday, 29 January
West Ham v Liverpool

Saturday, 1 February
Liverpool v Southampton

We need all the players we can get.
Not really. Rest the seniors in the cup and it’s

6 days
4 days
6 days
3 days

Not too bad compared to December.

Not really. Rest the seniors in the cup and it’s

6 days
4 days
6 days
3 days

Not too bad compared to December.
Yes and that's why I want the likes of Fabs, Matip, Shaq, Keita etc back as soon as possible. Even though the players who stayed fit during the holidays are available it doesn't mean that they're all still fresh. We will need to rotate anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom