• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clyne is such a strange one. I'd forgotten about him to be honest. He's had a run of weird injuries. He'd be great backup and cover for both full back spots if fit.

81889507_2805846742815792_764247378298404864_n.png

Not our injury but it looks like their 'best' CB will be out of their game at Anfield which is good news because he is a solid defender when defending his box .... err

Manchester United defender Harry Maguire is set for an extended period out after suffering a hip injury.
The number of matches Maguire will miss is unknown.
But the concern for United is that his absence proves far longer than suggested on Tuesday by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who said the injury was "not a long, long-term one".

Not our injury but it looks like their 'best' CB will be out of their game at Anfield which is good news because he is a solid defender when defending his box .... err

Manchester United defender Harry Maguire is set for an extended period out after suffering a hip injury.
The number of matches Maguire will miss is unknown.
But the concern for United is that his absence proves far longer than suggested on Tuesday by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who said the injury was "not a long, long-term one".
Says a lot that that their best centre back is Maguire when he's literally been gash all season

Maguire has been decent, he hasn’t been helped by linderolf going to shit this season

True, CB is a very dependent position, you need your partner to be either very talented or to develop a close understanding of how to work as a pair.

Examples being Gomez or Matip next to VVD or our treblewinning pairing of Henchoz and Hyypia.

Maguire has neither another CB close to his level nor someone he can work 'symbiotically' with

Hand this cup over to Everton too

Oh thanks. After that there were links to the 86 & 89 FAC finals so I had to watch them too ! An hour's worth of coffee time. Damn Rushie not getting his hattrick in 86 when he fluffed his 1 on 1. And a reminder of just how good Molby was.

True, CB is a very dependent position, you need your partner to be either very talented or to develop a close understanding of how to work as a pair.

Examples being Gomez or Matip next to VVD or our treblewinning pairing of Henchoz and Hyypia.

Maguire has neither another CB close to his level nor someone he can work 'symbiotically' with

Maguire is shite.

Maguire is shite.
He's definitely not shite. I have some scum supporting friends who agree with you but, as I've told them regularly this season, playing beside the useless Lindelof and equally useless Shaw at left back he hasn't a hope of impressing.

Earlier this season these same Scum supporters were telling me that Daniel James is the signing of the season and would be better than Mané! They've seen the light now and in time will realise that Maguire is a very good CB (not great and not worth anything more than about £40-50m but finally they have one decent CB. If they sold (or shot) Rojo, Jones, Smalling and Lindelof and brought in Ben White from Brighton (on loan at Leeds) they'd have a very solid CB pairing.

I wouldn't even say he was "very good". He's a decent premier league centre back. He flatters to deceive a lot of the time.

Obviously he's better than Lindelof, and with a better centre back they'd have a strong partnership. But given the fact that they paid £80m (Eighty!) for him to come and transform their backline and it's still shite with the same issues speaks volumes. Look at how Virgil has transformed those he plays alongside. Not saying he's anywhere near his level, but you get what I'm saying.

He's slow. He's clumsy. He's supposed to be a ball-playing centre half, but if you watch a lot of his passing, it's often wayward and leaves a lot to be desired. He gets caught out of position a lot.

He's just not very good. If he wasn't English, they never would've been interested in him and he would never get this much hype. Leicester have already replaced him with a superior player in Soyuncu.

I wouldn't even say he was "very good". He's a decent premier league centre back. He flatters to deceive a lot of the time.

Obviously he's better than Lindelof, and with a better centre back they'd have a strong partnership. But given the fact that they paid £80m (Eighty!) for him to come and transform their backline and it's still shite with the same issues speaks volumes. Look at how Virgil has transformed those he plays alongside. Not saying he's anywhere near his level, but you get what I'm saying.

He's slow. He's clumsy. He's supposed to be a ball-playing centre half, but if you watch a lot of his passing, it's often wayward and leaves a lot to be desired. He gets caught out of position a lot.

He's just not very good. If he wasn't English, they never would've been interested in him and he would never get this much hype. Leicester have already replaced him with a superior player in Soyuncu.

A much more balanced review second time round :)

I agree pretty much with everything, especially the mention of Soyuncu who seems to be an amazing buy

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Reason{/td}
{td}Further Detail{/td}
{td}Potential Return{/td}
{td}Condition{/td}
{td}Status{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}James Milner{/td}
{td}Thigh Injury{/td}
{td}Jan 17: "I don't know exactly. I cannot rush it so when somebody tells me they are ready, I take them back in training."{/td}
{td}01/02/2020{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Xherdan Shaqiri{/td}
{td}Calf/Shin/Heel Injury{/td}
{td}Jan 20: "It is just slight, I had a little problem in training. So I hope I might be back later this week. Let's see, I cannot say now but it will be good if so."{/td}
{td}29/01/2020{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}25%{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Dejan Lovren{/td}
{td}Thigh Injury{/td}
{td}Jan 24: "Dejan trained completely normally, until the game it's a week [back] so should be fine."{/td}
{td}26/01/2020{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}100%{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Adam Lallana{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}Illness{/td}
{td}26/01/2020{/td}
{td}Currently Being Assessed{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Naby Keita{/td}
{td}Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury{/td}
{td}Jan 24: "My information is that he will be part of training today and then we have to see."{/td}
{td}26/01/2020{/td}
{td}Late Fitness Test{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sadio Mane{/td}
{td}Thigh Injury{/td}
{td}Jan 23: "Sadio is a real shame he had to go off. Hopefully it's not too bad; just a muscle tweak but we will see tomorrow."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}Currently Being Assessed{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Nathaniel Clyne{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Jul 24: "Clearly an injury of this nature isn't a happy moment for any player, but the silver lining for him is that, according to the medical guys, it's a straightforward ACL injury."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Didn't look that bad, I think it's gonna be like Wijnaldum. Two weeks max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom