• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jarrel Quansah

From Bristol Rovers to playing regularly for us, winning a trophy and now being selected for England.

View: https://x.com/_pauljoyce/status/1792864545561620493

Well deserved, and his development has been incredible. Two goals in his last two games as well.

Will he be the starting CB next to Virgil next season?

What the fuck’s CJ doing in the England squad - he’s been mostly pish this season albeit down to injuries.

Fucking lol at Henderson. Pissed off everyone with his move to Saudi, then tore up his contract in order to make the England squad 6 months later - just to lose his place to Curtis and the kid from Palace

I doubt either will make the final squad, but you never know.

Given inexperienced players are being included I am a bit surprised Elliott didn't get the nod.

I can see why, he has looked better and better. There is a lack of Engish CBs but Soutgate will go with usual rejects.

Jones instead of Elliot. And they brought in some Adam Wharton fella.

Hope Kane remains trophy-less.

Big chance for CJ. Can see him taking it off he's given minutes

Failing to get Colwill only to pull Quansah out of the academy back pocket and see him have an even better breakout season was quite cool to see

I see now Colwill hasn't made the squad either. Even better

I'm very excited about Quansah, but he's not good enough yet to be even our third choice starter if we are seriously chasing the title next season. Fourth choice absolutely, I want him to stick around and grow with us, but he should be behind Konate and ideally a newly signed centre back next year, unless of course our goal is just to tread water in the top four, then fair enough.

Give a fuck about England, but happy for him that he's in the provisional squad, he won't be on the plane barring injury though.

I'm very excited about Quansah, but he's not good enough yet to be even our third choice starter if we are seriously chasing the title next season. Fourth choice absolutely, I want him to stick around and grow with us, but he should be behind Konate and ideally a newly signed centre back next year, unless of course our goal is just to tread water in the top four, then fair enough.

Give a fuck about England, but happy for him that he's in the provisional squad, he won't be on the plane barring injury though.
I do wonder if Konate stays or not. I kind of hope if we sell people we focus on the injury prone ones, as great as he is

Has Quansah got a chance of making the final 26 ? Quite a few CBs in there, or those that are more flexible positionally (Gomez and Stones).

Those in Red are IMO likely to miss out due to inexperience or failure to overcome injury (Shaw) and aren't Bowen & Maguire injury doubts too? If they fail to recover then Quansah could make it, otherwise I guess he'll be omitted unless an extra forward (don't need that many) is dropped (Eze)?

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), James Trafford (Burnley).

Defenders:
Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Curtis Jones (Liverpool), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace) Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid).

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), James Maddison (Tottenham), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa).

Yeah neither Quansah or Jones make the final 26 for me

7 to drop out

1 x GK
Quansah
Dunk/Guehi
Wharton
Jones
Eze
Toney/Watkins

Shaw being dropped? Lol.
It's Southgate we're talking about.
If Chilwell doesn't make the squad Shaw is definitely in.

Shaw being dropped? Lol.
It's Southgate we're talking about.
If Chilwell doesn't make the squad Shaw is definitely in.
He's injured and Southgate said it's a long shot he'll make it. So yeah, he'll likely not make it.

No Hendo or Rashford, reckon Maddison might get chopped for poor 2nd half but Southgate is not one for risk and Eze in.

Last edited:
I don't care what few - maybe 3 mistakes the lad has made, but if we were outsiders looking at his performances for another team we would want him without doubt. Right now - as a defender that boy has an x-factor about him, looks very good on the ball, good passing and defends very well.
As for Curtis being in the team, he obviously has to be in that team, been the star of the under-21's and its about time. He will shine for England and become the main man. The next managers we have will absolutely love Curtis.

Quansah will probably be cut from the squad, but only because of inexperience. A lot depends on how fit Maguire and Stones prove themselves to be. Quansah deserves to be there on merit though, he's been exceptional and the experience will do him good. Elliott should have made the squad ahead of Jones, but it is what it is, there are loads of players vying for the same role. Hopefully Gomez gets a few opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom