• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Jarrel Quansah

Quansah will probably be cut from the squad, but only because of inexperience. A lot depends on how fit Maguire and Stones prove themselves to be. Quansah deserves to be there on merit though, he's been exceptional and the experience will do him good. Elliott should have made the squad ahead of Jones, but it is what it is, there are loads of players vying for the same role. Hopefully Gomez gets a few opportunities.

Hopefully Gomez comes back in one piece you mean.

The only thing I hate about this is that it is going to add big £££s to Quansah's new contract negotiations which are due imminently. His agent just got dealt an ace.

I would be much more comfortable with Quansah as the CB along with Stones, rather than Harry Maguire. Maguire is absolute dogshit.

From Bristol Rovers to playing regularly for us, winning a trophy and now being selected for England.

View: https://x.com/_pauljoyce/status/1792864545561620493

Well deserved, and his development has been incredible. Two goals in his last two games as well.

Will he be the starting CB next to Virgil next season?

Personally I think he been great..

But Lack of physicality and random brain farts and bad decisions have cost us particulary during our bad run.. lack of experience I guess.

He will learn from that though and recentl performances suggest he has been.

Last edited:
Personally I think he been great..

But Lack of physicality and random bad decisions have cost us particulary during our bad run.. lack of Experience I guess.

He will learn from that though and recently performances suggest he has been.
The thing that really impressed me was how he reacted in the United Cup game. He made a sloppy mistake which cost us a goal. Many players in that situation would have gone to pieces but he held his shit together. That's a good quality in a young defender.
I really like the kid and I hope he gets plenty of football next season.

The only thing I hate about this is that it is going to add big £££s to Quansah's new contract negotiations which are due imminently. His agent just got dealt an ace.
It probably just brings the ££s forward by a few months. If his agent is worth his salt he'd have been negotiating pay increases once he hits various milestones, and international caps would be one of them. The rest would probably be linked to appearances. If you want a young player to sign a long-term deal then you'd have to include that kind of future-proofing.

Yeah - good they were involved and good that they know if they play well they have a chance to play a part in future squads.

Hopefully when Southgate takes the Utd job, the new guy gives them opportunities too.

Yeah - good they were involved and good that they know if they play well they have a chance to play a part in future squads.

Hopefully when Southgate takes the Utd job, the new guy gives them opportunities too.
There's an interesting thought. Who's the new guy going to be?

Howe? Potter?

Depends on who gets in. If its Dunk/Guehi or something then Quansah has had a much better season imho.
The other two were also involved in getting England to the Euro's so I think they're more deserving of the spot.

The other two were also involved in getting England to the Euro's so I think they're more deserving of the spot.

Dunk hasnt played one minute in the Euro quals and only on the bench for one game. Guehi has played more but was injured until the start of May.
Dunk instead of Quansah is criminal by Southgate.

Dunk hasnt played one minute in the Euro quals and only on the bench for one game. Guehi has played more but was injured until the start of May.
Dunk instead of Quansah is criminal by Southgate.
He played Dunk vs Bosnia so it was always likely. Quansah now gets a nice rest - excellent.

Neither Dunk nor Quansah will/would have played a single minute anyway, so who really gives a waffle? We all know the team Boregate will go with in every game, the rest are there just to make up the numbers.

Dunk may. Maguire isn't fit yet.
Neither Dunk nor Quansah will/would have played a single minute anyway, so who really gives a waffle? We all know the team Boregate will go with in every game, the rest are there just to make up the numbers.

Dunk may. Maguire isn't fit yet.
Guehi and Konsa, maybe even Gomez will/should be ahead of Dunk. He was hilariously bad against Belgium. Whatever back 5 he plays isn't good enough to win anything. The whole naming of a 33 squad only to trim it down to 26 is stupid anyway, just pick 26 fuckers and that's it....if one gets injured, get another fucker on a flight over the same day.

Back
Top Bottom