• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jota - starter or impact sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a reasonable question. I think Jota plays equally well, but with less impact, in large part because we constantly feed Salah when he is on the field.
But I also think that they don't really sync well together. I've seen Jota look very frustrated when they're on the pitch together.
I can't find the stats to prove it, but I don't think Salah has assisted many of Jota's goals, seems like the assists comes from Mane and Trent.
Maybe @King Binny can find the "assisted by" stats

Last edited:
But I also think that they dont really sync well together. I've seen Jota look very frustrated they're on the pitch together.
I can't find the stats to prove it, but I don't think Salah has assisted many of Jota's goals, seems like the assists comes from Mane and Trent.

SCuFU.jpg

That's super, I'm not sure I can reach any conclusion using that excel, though.
I know that one of the assist by Salah was a miscontroled ball.

That's super, I'm not sure I can reach any conclusion using that excel, though.
I know that one of the assist by Salah was a miscontroled ball.

On the other hand, Salah benefits from Jota playing.

Oct 2022:
Diogo Jota assisted all three of Salah’s goals for Liverpool at Ibrox, the first time a player assisted a team-mate’s hat-trick in the UEFA Champions League since March 2012, when Franck Ribéry assisted three Mario Gomez strikes for Bayern Munich against Basel. It was also the first time a Liverpool player assisted every goal for a team-mate’s hat-trick since Stan Collymore for Robbie Fowler versus Arsenal in December 1995.

Nov 2023:
Since Jota joined Liverpool in the summer of 2020, he has created more chances (31) for Salah across the Premier League and Champions League than any other player. And with a combined expected assists (xA) number of 4.1 — xA measures the potential likelihood of a pass becoming an assist — it nods to how efficient Salah is.

Salah's assisters at English clubs (all comps)
Firmino
Mane
Robertson
Alexander-Arnold
Jota, Nunez
Henderson
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Jones
Fabinho, Shaqiri
Alisson, Keita, Milner, Van Dijk
Coutinho, Gakpo, Matic*, Matip, Origi, Tsimikas
Can, Gomez, Moreno, Szoboszlai, Wijnaldum

But I also think that they dont really sync well together. I've seen Jota look very frustrated they're on the pitch together.
Agreed that they are not really on the same page. Interesting how Nunez plays really well with both Jota and Salah. Salah plays well with Nunez, like he did Firmino. Less so with Mané and Diaz. Or, so it seems.

Since joining in the summer of 2020, he’s registered 40 top-flight goals for Liverpool, with nine headers.

In fact, during this period in the Premier League, only Haaland (10) and Harry Kane (18) have been more prolific in the air. On a more contemporary look, the Portuguese forward has produced eight goal involvements across his last eight league appearances, scoring six and assisting two. Jota also maintained a nice streak of scoring or creating in his last five PL games at Anfield (four goals and one assist).

Of Diogo Jota’s 40 #EPL goals for Liverpool, 14 have been openers, 12 have been winners, 17 have put his team one goal ahead and 6 have been equalisers — In cup competitions, he’s scored 15 for @LFC, of which six have been openers & seven have been winners.

View: https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1753455903477469579

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom