• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we not bother with a keeper..for someone that catches a fucking massive ball about a handfull of times a game they are like a little too expensive. Can we just get a wicket keeper and convert him ?

Keeper is arguably the most important position

Imagine calling yourself Kennyd.. On a Liverpool forum.. And being asked if you are THE kennyd.

What are the chances?
To be fair his name could actually be Kennyd . Could be some Welsh shit.

Poor bastard must hate being a Liverpool fan

I'd imagine Ming must be quite smug now thinking if Klopp had stuck with him we'd have won.

The delusional prick

I can't remember why now, but I wasn't impressed with Alisson either.

I'd love Oblak, but at no point have we been connected, and alas, I suspect he'll end up at Utd with De Gea heading to Madrid.

Ming didn't look great statistically across the board the way Pope does. Do you think he was ever number 1 in the stats on high claims in the box? No doubt he was reasonably decent on saves, because he used to be a good shot stopper (I don't think he has that gift anymore). Similarly, whilst we didn't record sweeper keeper stats when we signed Ming I would bet my last quid that he wasn't towards the top of that table statistically. Pope stands out amongst the rest because he's very good.

Agree, there isn't much point with Oblak, but you never know. We seem to be splashing megabucks recently, so why not throw it at Atletico.

I'm not gonna trawl through the stats because, usually, common sense prevails in situations like this. Chances are Pope is playing at his peak, way beyond anyone had ever expected him to (hence his career history, the fact he's 26 and had one year in the premier league). Players like that making the jump to consistent top-level performer are extremely rare. I'd rather bank on bonafide quality than go for the cheapo gamble that's stung us so often over the last 30 years.

Allisson doesn’t excite me at all. I can’t say I’ve seen him play that often but just meh.

@the count

The game's afoot! kennyd is definitely a previous poster posting afresh.

Characteristics- touchy, a bit thick, possibly with superfan tendencies.

His overall game looked shaky as fuck.

As for the goals, well that's where a De Gea pulls off a worldie and you talk about him having no right to save.

Allison got beat far too easily

You need to go back and look at the goals mate.

@the count

The game's afoot! kennyd is definitely a previous poster posting afresh.

Characteristics- touchy, a bit thick, possibly with superfan tendencies.
Great minds think alike my friend.
"To the batmobile"
Wrong saying but you know what I mean.
I've been drinking again by the way my dear Sherlock.

*sips a cloudy opiate laced liquorice absinthe*
All too easy friends.

Quiffing, but he has 12 months left on his contract. Chelsea sold Matic to Utd, so who knows....

With courtois and de gea both having 12 months left, it’s surely got to be worth putting cheeky bids in for both even just to annoy Chelsea and utd. Be interesting if they both run the contracts down, one would go to Madrid obviously but the other one would be up for grabs

Oblak, De Gea and Courtois ... all play behind very deep defences...that affords them a certain amount of protection that a goalkeeper playing in our team will not have. I dont know how our club will find someone for big money or small money that will end up being quality. Massive risk...would not be surprised if we went cheap again.

Oblak, De Gea and Courtois ... all play behind very deep defences...that affords them a certain amount of protection that a goalkeeper playing in our team will not have. I dont know how our club will find someone for big money or small money that will end up being quality. Massive risk...would not be surprised if we went cheap again.

Karius at best was average despite what you call a shoddy defence we lost only 5 times. Our defence improved dramatically with the introduction VVD. Next year we'll have Fabinho so the back 4 will have the protection it needs and been crying out for years. I personally think we don't need to spend £60m plus on a world class GK, a good goal keeper is sufficient at less than £40m
Here's some stats for you to perusal over.
https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=1&category=goalkeeping&sort=10

Stevie Nicol says Liverpool have made an offer for Allison and that it's all about the price.

Rumour
Chelsea have also stopped negotiations with Courtois (1 yr remaining on his contract) and may sell him whilst they still can.

Last edited:
I could see Courtois going to Real Madrid since he's been their #1 target for years (ahead of De Gea, although the latter seems a better GK now). Could see Keylor Navas going in the opposite direction; don't think Chelsea will be able to spend enough for someone like Alisson or Oblak.

Read yesterday that Courtois has a kid in Madrid who lives with his ex. Can see that he wants a return to Spain.

I'm not sure Oblak is the right type of keeper for us. Yeah he's a great commanding keeper with excellent shot stopping skills but his distribution and kicking aren't his strong points. The money would be better spent on Alison

Trouble is , if we sign Oblak, some bellend is going to make up a song about him based on a shit Beatles number.

Yes, I do realise the last three words form a tautology

I wonder if Borussia Dortmund would be interested in signing either Karius or Mignolet. They are in dire need for a new GK after their #1 Burki spectacularly self-destructed last season. Karius due to his age would probably fit better into their development model, but they did enquire about Mignolet not long ago.

If we manage to sell both Karius and Ming for £20-25M each, that would make £80M+ for the likes of Alisson/Oblak far more palatable.

Last edited:
Trouble is , if we sign Oblak, some bellend is going to make up a song about him based on a shit Beatles number.

Yes, I do realise the last three words form a tautology
*whispers*
Are you allowed to say that in a Liverpool forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom