• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keita could be on his way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take solace in the fact that you lay the groundwork for others to succeed.

Yeah, I suppose. I’ve always said it’s not about what’s on my CV. I see the joy in seeing the likes of Reuque making his joke and Raheem Sterling improve from being an 18 year old kid and leaving for £49m and other players that I’ve worked with. I feel I have played a little part in helping them achieve what is a dream for them

This might be the one the firm have their confidentiality clause for. The Firm tearing the place up. Hail the Firm.

As if Lanzini would cost 13m though.

Well yeah, we'd probably be looking at way more. It's not my money though.

I actually have no doubt that Klopp has a number of players he wants, but equally, he has no qualms about waiting for those players, so if we can get them now we will, otherwise, we'll wait.

I just worry that his gamble last season in not strengthening us in order to get us into the CL & a stronger bargaining position for his targets working so well means he may well the same, & this season I'm not as confident thanks to the competition being so tight.

That's why if we pull this Keita deal I'll be a damn sight happier spunking 15m than starting in Feb with no new additions.

Not sure its really worth getting Keita now. He's cup tied and will need time to settle into a new country and league. By the time he's up to speed the season will nearly be over. Better off just waiting til the summer.
Did Salah need bedding in ? I understand the logic of course but it isn't always the case ... and I'd bet that defensively he wouldn't need any bedding in to tackle and intercept (two of his strong points). Creativity and understanding with the forwards may be something else. Hpwever we currently have Gini & Can and a perma-injured Hendo. We need more CMs.

I would love it if this somehow gets done today in time for a swashbuckling debut vs City.

Did Salah need bedding in ? I understand the logic of course but it isn't always the case ... and I'd bet that defensively he wouldn't need any bedding in to tackle and intercept (two of his strong points). Creativity and understanding with the forwards may be something else. Hpwever we currently have Gini & Can and a perma-injured Hendo. We need more CMs.
It was easier for Salah as he came in the summer though. He had pre-season training. Its a lot harder coming in january when you don't have that opportunity. But like i said earlier sturridge and coutinho came in january and killed it straight away so we could get lucky.

We're more likely to buy a short term fix now. It's quite the opposite (even though I'm not against it) - this is obviously the short term fix. Buying in the Summer would be the sensible option, assuming our priority target isn't available now.

Which of course goes full circle to why it was so fucking stupid to sell now without a replacement ready to come straight in. If the replacement isn't ready until the Summer, then Coutinho should have stayed until the Summer.

I agree but I mean if the option is waiting until the summer to buy another no1 choice player, buying in a short term not 1st choice player now, or bringing him early I'd take the 3rd option every time

Yeah, I suppose. I’ve always said it’s not about what’s on my CV. I see the joy in seeing the likes of Reuque making his joke and Raheem Sterling improve from being an 18 year old kid and leaving for £49m and other players that I’ve worked with. I feel I have played a little part in helping them achieve what is a dream for them
You work for the club?

I suppose with the law of averages he has to get one thing right..

However Meanwhile..

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Last edited:
Reactions: jan
I honestly think anyone of us teams in position 2 to 5 could finish in position 5 but worse is that the one who finishes in position 5 could end up winning the CL. Therefore 4th place dont guarantee CL. I think we need to finish 2nd or 3rd.
You are well out of date. If a team finishes 5th and wins the CL then the PL will then have FIVE representatives in the CL. We don't lose one.

Paul Merton started out on TV as one of the guests on "Who's Line Is It Anyway?"

He was renowned for coming out with cringey, unfunny quips throughout the show, that were met with silence or at best, uncomfortable but polite half-laughs. I remember him going an entire episode once where this continued and continued. He was becoming an obvious flaw in another-wise great show.

Then one day, uncharacteristically and completely out the blue, he said something unintentionally hilarious and it had the audience in raptures.

The rest is history.

Keep trying Jono, you'll get there.

You work for the club?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...an-rodgers-reveals-philippe-coutinho-11823395

Rodgers takes pride from playing his part in the rise, but added: “I’ve always said it’s not about what’s on my CV.
“I see the joy in seeing the likes of him get his move and Raheem Sterling improve from being an 18 year old kid and leaving for £49m and other players that I’ve worked with.
“You feel you have played a little part in helping them achieve what is a dream for them.”

We have the money and the club are paying what’s required to get him released. It’s a no brainer; Thats the Phil money spent.

According to the Guardian, we'll have to pay 17 mill on top of the 54 mill £ already agreed (48+6)
71 mill £ to get him in this window.

According to the Guardian, we'll have to pay 17 mill on top of the 54 mill £ already agreed (48+6)
71 mill £ to get him in this window.
Everyone's guessing at the moment since nothing is agreed. Echo says as low as £13m

Simply not arsed about the price. We got 142 for someone we paid 8 for. We get 100 just for coming fourth. It makes football and commercial sense to just get it sorted.

Our midfield is shite.

Yep, just pay it and get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom