• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

King Keita

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was another momo.

A mentally deranged momo. And not in a good way like the rest of us mentally deranged folks.

The most mental LFC Forum troll of all time, and active across multiple sites, until he was unmasked as a Liverpool DJ and also threatened of consequences if he didn't just fuck off forever (if memory serves)

Made Glock look like Noam Chomsky

I’ll be dead soon too.

Work have finally blocked 6CM. After 12 years of me going on there. The crafty fuckers have also managed to block the site from home too (it’s a work laptop and when I login on the home WiFi it’s still blocked). So I can only log on through Tapatalk on my phone. And fuck can I be arsed with that all the time.

See yaz.

#RIPPIEDRO

Turn off your proxy settings in your browser at home. Problem fixed

The most mental LFC Forum troll of all time, and active across multiple sites, until he was unmasked as a Liverpool DJ and also threatened of consequences if he didn't just fuck off forever (if memory serves)

Made Glock look like Noam Chomsky

Dj Sydney??!!

@Ryan. Welcome back, mate. What do you think about Milner's improvement – is it possible for a player to improve his technique after 30? Some of his footwork seems a lot more intricate that what I've ever seen from him. We all know about fitness and work ethic, but he's getting better as a footballer too, which has frankly surprised me.

Cheers Rurik.

He's been hugely impressive hasn't he? I didn't see this level coming frankly. I think he's benefited from having no international commitment over the summer, being extremely fit, and just being a smart footballer really. He looks a degree of sharpness ahead of everyone currently. It'll be interesting to see if he continues to maintain this level 3 months into the season when everyone else has caught up with him fitness-wise. Does he still have the same influence then?

I'm not sure if he'll be as important when we match up against the good sides though. He looks his slowest when we have to chase the game, and when he doesn't have time in possession. At times in Europe last year he looked dreadfully ponderous against neat, incisive sides. Look at that game last week against West Ham where they deployed absolutely zero pressure against the ball-carrier and the game is tailor made for a Milner who's smart enough to find space, get his head up and release our quicker players with clever passing. He won't get that against a City or Chelsea.

He - like Wijnaldum, Henderson, etc - will also benefit from having Keita there, who'll link the midfield to attack better than anyone we've had since Gerrard. That triumvirate last season (Hendo, Gini, Milner) were really basic in terms of midfield play. All same-y and safe. Keita adds another dimension, and free's the rest of them up from having to produce and initiate.

Anyway, yeah - he's turned into a really good asset.

Last edited:
I can't wait to watch him in person tonight. Against a midfield of Milojevic & McCarthy I would expect him to dominate (with support of a holding DM behind him). Palace will pose a different challenge to West Ham and this will be his first test of more typical PL like opposition.

I can't wait to watch him in person tonight. Against a midfield of Milojevic & McCarthy I would expect him to dominate (with support of a holding DM behind him). Palace will pose a different challenge to West Ham and this will be his first test of more typical PL like opposition.
Watching the game back on TV last week & he's even more impressive at the match.

You see just how much he shows for the ball even more, & you see how aware he is of his position. He's continually checking around himself to see other players positions, when he's less focused on that he'll definitely improve.

I suspect he will start banging the goals in once that aspect of his game is on point.

A mate of mine's brother-in-law is mates with Danny Ings (yeah, yeah tenuous link), and he said that Ings said Keita is far and away the best play he's ever played with or against. He's on another level.

That's positive news.

And extremely high praise considering who Ings has played with

It’s very reassuring that the members are coming out in their droves (well, 4 of you) to ensure that Piedro lives on.

Love you guys.

I would suggest something similar. I just have to find out how this autocorrect work on my internet first :D

His desire to make runs into the box is already obvious and I think we'll see this opening up more opportunities for us either through him directly, or by his presence giving more space/ less marking on Mane, Bobby or Salah. One of our biggest problems at times last season was needing more runners from the midfield trio getting in the box after we lost Coutinho. I felt Milner added this to his game well, and Ox did this well on occasion too but it looks like Keita just naturally loves doing this.

His desire to make runs into the box is already obvious and I think we'll see this opening up more opportunities for us either through him directly, or by his presence giving more space/ less marking on Mane, Bobby or Salah. One of our biggest problems at times last season was needing more runners from the midfield trio getting in the box after we lost Coutinho. I felt Milner added this to his game well, and Ox did this well on occasion too but it looks like Keita just naturally loves doing this.
Wijnaldum does it as well.

Yes - when we aren't asking him to play DM I think he does this well. This is why i want to see a trio of Hendo DM and Gini & Keita CMs on Sat.

Gini has been in fine form preseason and going into the season, he's an invaluable squad player who will come in and keep things ticking over. His defensive work gets overlooked alot, he doubled up on alot of players against Palace and helped us win back possession. His control and balance really helps us turn defense into attack. Yeah he does drive forward from midfield too, but he could offer more once he gets into the final third, but by and large he's a really sound option to have in there.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shaqiri get a game though or more extensive minutes against Brighton, same for Sturridge.

Gini has been in fine form preseason and going into the season, he's an invaluable squad player who will come in and keep things ticking over. His defensive work gets overlooked alot, he helped double up on alot of players against Palace and helped us win back possession. His control and balance really helps us turn defense into attack. Yeah he does drive forward from midfield too, but he could offer more once he gets into the final third, but by and large he's a really option to have in there.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shaqiri get a game though or more extensive minutes against Brighton, same for Sturridge.

Yep - i've been a fan of having him in the team. I think we see the best of him if a bit more unshackled. He looks confident so far and willing to take more risks in the final third.

Poor today, he might benefit from playing a little further forward.

Certainly nowhere near the hype so far.

He wasn't "poor" at all. He was quiet but perfectly competent, as were most of the team against some pretty awkward opponents.

You've got your hooks into him good and proper, haven't you?

Not at all. He looks a step above Henderson, Milner and Gini.

But unlike many he hasn't proved it yet and has a long way to go.

This threads title says it. King Keita after one game.

Give the guy a chance to settle and grow.

The pressure on him is huge already.

I think he'll end up a top player for us but he was poor yesterday and has been a long way short of the praise he's received so far.

I'm sure I'll get slated for that opinion but as you know by now that doesn't bother me

Yesterday Brighton played with a line of four across the back and a line of five about fifteen yards in front of them. Very well drilled. We had our back four and gini and keita sat just in front of them with milner the most advanced. I think keita couldn't get forward as he couldn't get through the middle. All of our attacks came through the wingbacks and milner, as there was only ever about five yards between Brighton players near the ball in their half.

It was never going to be a great attacking display from keita yesterday, Klopp could see that and that's why he got hooked

Last edited:
This threads title says it. King Keita after one game.

Give the guy a chance to settle and grow.

The pressure on him is huge already.

You are a barrel of laughs these days DB.
There is no one putting pressure on him btw. Everyone want him to do well is all.

You are a barrel of laughs these days DB.
There is no one putting pressure on him btw. Everyone want him to do well is all.

The expectation leads to pressure and disappointment when he does nothing of note.

There is loads about us I'm loving especially Klopp.

9 points in 3 games is superb.

Doesn't mean I'm going to get carried away.

That's all.

I said last year we'd make the CL final and fancied us against Madrid before we Even qualified and I think we'll go one better this year.

Perhaps I'm being over critical but that's general how I call things. I look for places we can improve.

Obviously that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Or even anyone :D

I'm not going to change it just be liked on a football forum.

It's interesting to read other opinions but I do laugh when people take it personally and attack me.

It's says a lot about them.

People are just worried about you because you've done a full 180 in terms of personality. Did you eat any cheap beef products made in the UK in the late eighties? How is your balance? Does your vision occasionally blur?

Ha ha ha. Nope I grew up on a farm so mostly ate our own cattle and sheep, maybe that's it?

Something in the Galway water.

Perhaps so many false dawns have tempered my expectations and given me a little perspective on where we are.

Don't forget I had full confidence in us winning the CL last year despite the fact I wasn't prepared to gamble nearly 7k on it.

I've the same personality but I'm hardly going to be chumy with any poster who throws some of the insults I get.

The ones I've met in Liverpool for the most part are great guys and the ones I've met more than once I would like to think would say I'm the same but maybe not.

Then they are loads I've never met who I'm sure are very happy about that.

Ha ha ha. Nope I grew up on a farm so mostly ate our own cattle and sheep, maybe that's it?

Something in the Galway water.

Perhaps so many false dawns have tempered my expectations and given me a little perspective on where we are.

Don't forget I had full confidence in us winning the CL last year despite the fact I wasn't prepared to gamble nearly 7k on it.

I've the same personality but I'm hardly going to be chumy with any poster who throws some of the insults I get.

The ones I've met in Liverpool for the most part are great guys and the ones I've met more than once I would like to think would say I'm the same but maybe not.

Then they are loads I've never met who I'm sure are very happy about that.

For what it’s worth Pat, I love you mate.

He still hasn't had a "Alonso vs Norwich" style announcing himself to the league dominating midfield performance.

But it is coming. No doubt about it.

He still hasn't had a "Alonso vs Norwich" style announcing himself to the league dominating midfield performance.

But it is coming. No doubt about it.
That game at home to Spurs was when I thought, fuck me this lad could be the best passer we've ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom