• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Stropp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't make this topic, and I wouldn't have called it Klopp Stropp if I did, which I wouldn't, coz I didn't.

I think this would have been a lot better if he'd have said it before the game. Also, the club should defo be doing the tickets for the same price as under 23 games - free for season ticket holders and three quid for everyone else.
I agree in principal on the pricing, but then it occurred to me that a replay at a big premier league club is a major payday for the small clubs, as they get a share of the gate receipts; so, while it would be a positive gesture for LFC fans, it may be a bit harsh on Shrewsbury.

Ah well, who gives a fuck?

I didn't make this topic, and I wouldn't have called it Klopp Stropp if I did, which I wouldn't, coz I didn't.

I think this would have been a lot better if he'd have said it before the game. Also, the club should defo be doing the tickets for the same price as under 23 games - free for season ticket holders and three quid for everyone else.
Given this has been everywhere in the media today..

It needed is own topic..

Your post was apt.

Like I said earlier.. I agree with Klopp in principle.. but I don't agree with abolishing replays, unless more money is distributed amongst the lower leagues..

Anyway it's all part of a bigger plan

https://www.liverpool.com/schedule/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-fa-cup-17636601

Fuck the FA. I'll never forgive the cunts for their part in Hillsborough so they can go fucking swivel. And as for their oldest footballing competition in the world, maybe if they listened to the fans and managers of clubs and took on board some of the suggestions to make it interesting it wouldn't be in such a shit state.

Oh, great now everyone's overreacting and even cunts like fucking Lineker and Piers Morgan are getting into it.

Can't we just leave it at "bit weird, not sure everyone agrees, but who cares?"

It's not a calculated insult to the FA, every other team and the grand institution of football, and nor is it useful to go into full on whining woe is me "FUCK THE FA" mode.

It's not that important, really.

Klopp can take a shit in the fa cup if we win the league, and afterward, he's earned us circling wagons, holding our noses, and talking about how hes honoured it in the process.

There's one team that has the depth to really commit to every competition, for everyone else it's a random question of the draw and/or the best silverware you can win if you arent doing well in Europe or the league.

There's ways they could fix that some.

Klopp can take a shit in the fa cup if we win the league, and afterward, he's earned us circling wagons, holding our noses, and talking about how hes honoured it in the process.

There's one team that has the depth to really commit to every competition, for everyone else it's a random question of the draw and/or the best silverware you can win if you arent doing well in Europe or the league.

There's ways they could fix that some.

It would be funny if he won the Double now.

I think Klopp has proven his leadership qualities enough for us to assume that the will talk to the kids about any decision he takes and explain his reasoning well enough for them not to feel like he just doesn't give a fuck.

Klopp not turning up isn't just bad for the competition or disrespectful to the opposition, its shit for our kids who will be playing. It kinda makes a mockery of the whole point of the fairly recent change of bringing the under 23s and first team squad together to train. It's a massive Idgaf about you either.

Shouldn't this "winter break" not extend to Klopp and his coaching staff etc though?

I still want to win the treble. I don't understand why nobody else gives a toss. We've got a genuine chance of having the most glorious season ever, we should go for it.

Maybe his assessment is that "going for it" could well sacrifice success in the far more important competitions?

The £3 for everyone won’t happen as Shrewsbury would have to agree to it and they won’t as this is their big pay day

Maybe his assessment is that "going for it" could well sacrifice success in the far more important competitions?

We're 19 points clear. If that's his assessment he's wrong.

Look: win the replay with those senior players in need of minutes, then see how we get on in the league over the next 5 weeks. Every senior player who remotely needs it gets their 2 week break.

If we're still 20 odd points clear by the 5th round, almost anyone would concede the title is done and dusted. Then you concentrate on the 2 competitions you can still win.

I don't understand the downside. The only one I can think of is that it doesn't allow him to behave like a fucking child.

We're 19 points clear. If that's his assessment he's wrong.

Look: win the replay with those senior players in need of minutes, then see how we get on in the league over the next 5 weeks. Every senior player who remotely needs it gets their 2 week break.

If we're still 20 odd points clear by the 5th round, almost anyone would concede the title is done and dusted. Then you concentrate on the 2 competitions you can still win.

I don't understand the downside. The only one I can think of is that it doesn't allow him to behave like a fucking child.

If you can't understand the downside at all, then i pity the people that work for you.

You're managing a team of people. You are getting all of them to exceed themselves constantly, they're always putting in huge amounts of effort, and they've been grinding away, some of them even during their breaks, for years. Some of them are physically and mentally exhausted.

You say to them, look, we're doing great, this year we aren't going to do warm weather training. I want you to go switch off and relax for a bit, and then we'll come back harder than ever. I will demand the very best from you, and myself, but we're all going to enjoy this break. Lets push for just a couple weeks, as hard as possible, until then.

Then, you turn into Lumbergh and it's "umm yeah, so I'm going to need you to come in on Friday, yeahh..."

Klopp has made the assessment that we are more likely to achieve success by doing things this way, and he's willing to risk what he considers a small failure to not risk larger ones. Yes, he could make rules for some and not others, but that isn't really morale building either, because in some cases its punishing people who've sustained injury.

I know the idea is that everyone just should want to fucking play for the passion of it, and to think of it as a job is sad, but the enemy of passion is a grind.

Yeah, think you just said it really. Your point doesn't work cos these lads are footballers playing a few hours each week for Liverpool FC. It's not a fucking grind. It's laughable to try to equate it to a normal dreary 9 to 5.

Granted, that doesn't mean they don't need plenty of recuperation. That's a fact of the sport, so fine.

But the ones who haven't played not only don't need the rest, but I'd strongly suspect would actually WANT to play more minutes. Footballers tend to get all weird and needy about never playing. Guess they just need the grind.

Your point doesn't work cos these lads are footballers playing a few hours each week for Liverpool FC. It's not a fucking grind.

I don't think you have a clue. It's not 1960. These lads aren't having a high octane kickabout followed by ale.

And yes, they're compensated for the grind incredibly well, and should be, but it doesn't reduce mean that they're immune to burnout.

Yeah, think you just said it really. Your point doesn't work cos these lads are footballers playing a few hours each week for Liverpool FC. It's not a fucking grind. It's laughable to try to equate it to a normal dreary 9 to 5.

Granted, that doesn't mean they don't need plenty of recuperation. That's a fact of the sport, so fine.

But the ones who haven't played not only don't need the rest, but I'd strongly suspect would actually WANT to play more minutes. Footballers tend to get all weird and needy about never playing. Guess they just need the grind.

Haha. Wow.

If you honestly believe that someone like Lallana or Shaqiri is in genuine need of a 2 week break then I don't know what to tell you. Believe it if you want. Personally I think it's laughable.

Its funny that even Shrewsbury's manager has sided with Klopp on this on, and backed his decision.

But not as funny as the Premier League sending a letter saying that the clubs are supposed to respect the winter break, and not arrange any friendlies or play any games.
And then the FA sets up the replays of the 4th round in the same week.
Madness.

Jessamine and 2 others liked

XCPfJNxf_bigger.jpg

Paddy Power

@paddypower
·
1h

FA: Jurgen Klopp will devalue the FA Cup if he doesn’t turn up for the replay Also FA: coming up on the One Show, The FA Cup draw. But first, On average what percentage of Christmas cards are delivered late? We sent Andi Peters to find out..

Most of the players who started vs Shrewsbury don’t need a break and would actually benefit from game time. I’m surprised we aren’t going to find a middle ground that sees the back ups play with some kids but no first XI on the bench meaning top 13-15 players get a holiday and the rest play. Klopp should have to manage it.

Its funny that even Shrewsbury's manager has sided with Klopp on this on, and backed his decision.

Of course he supports it! Shrewsbury get a fat Anfield payday AND they get a better chance of a fat Stamford Bridge payday.

This is glorious for them.

Our only consolation is that we get to laugh that Shrewsbury can do what Everton couldn't.

Klopp not turning up isn't just bad for the competition or disrespectful to the opposition, its shit for our kids who will be playing. It kinda makes a mockery of the whole point of the fairly recent change of bringing the under 23s and first team squad together to train. It's a massive Idgaf about you either.

Agree with all of that, but in a way I am quite happy that he has come across as a total cunt to quite a few people in the football business. It is a about time where the rest of the media and other clubs stop praising him and not hating him, I want to know that our manager can be an utter ruthless cunt and not some nice guy who likes to constantly cuddle his players. Just the way of the world.

This is exactly were I’m at.

Fuck off Gary, we have won that league cup so many times, its also one of the cups we have won a few times in the last 30 years when we have not won any of the big ones, always good to have a cup when we will one day become 2nd rate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom