• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.
32 premier league goals in two years is a pretty sound for a £12million investment, so that counteracts that.

Yeah, I agree, which is why I'm not arguing that point, yet.

If in a years time he hasn't played a bit more, then it may become a more valid point. Especially as thinking we can rely on him has badly let us down this season.

Yeah, I agree, which is why I'm not arguing that point, yet.

If in a years time he hasn't played a bit more, then it may become a more valid point. Especially as thinking we can rely on him has badly let us down this season.
Thinking we can rely on him was idiotic, most fans knew it was but sadly the club decided to gamble on him being fit.

Considering his injury record that was a very stupid bet.

It would be interesting to know what the advice of our medical team was on the subject. Have things improved in that area generally since we gave Brukner his cards?

No idea jj, the club & players etc have been very quiet, which makes me think it must be negative, cos if they were having a positive impact we'd be hearing about it constantly.

No idea jj, the club & players etc have been very quiet, which makes me think it must be negative, cos if they were having a positive impact we'd be hearing about it constantly.

Hearing about what? Is there an issue with Lallana?

Edit - Whoops, I'm an idiot, didn't Rodgers say only yesterday he's on course to be back at the beginning of January?

Hearing about what? Is there an issue with Lallana?

Edit - Whoops, I'm an idiot, didn't Rodgers say only yesterday he's on course to be back at the beginning of January?
Heating about what an excellent job the physios & medical team are doing.

I'm pretty sure we used to get players singing their praises on a regular basis when the aussie was here.

Now we hear nadda.

Heating about what an excellent job the physios & medical team are doing.

I'm pretty sure we used to get players singing their praises on a regular basis when the aussie was here.

Now we hear nadda.

To be fair, they're probably just afraid of breaking "The Social Media Conduct" codes set out by the FA.

Just cause I think this thread is well worth it and putting it back on track, is there anybody left who thinks he wasn't a good signing?

He was pure class again against Arsenal. As Ryan said some time ago, he's a player who makes things happen. What's more it's easy to see how he does it; great balance, works his socks off (the harder I work the luckier I get), his close control is something to behold, he can use both feet beautifully, good vision and he times the ball nicely.

An extra yard or two of pace and he'd be a super-star IMO. He gets a lot of attention from opposition and, with someone like Sturridge ahead of him, he'd probably get more space to be more dangerous.

He's a very good player, but I can't help thinking that he's the AM version of Joe Allen. Both with some excellent technical qualities, and who look very good in a team full of attacking talent, but not really the kind who can impact games all by themselves.

For 25 million, I want a player with far more end product.

He's a bright spark.
I love his sexy stepovers.
Yeah 25m whatever.
I just love watching him play footy.
Him Phillipe and Lazar are the axis of sexball when they hit it.

Yep worth every penny. He's up there with Suarez.

It's amazing that you're so keen to re-emphasise your own ineptitude.

Shouldn't you be like, y'know, staying quiet and hoping no one highlights the fact that you haven't got a fucking clue?

Like I said last week; a more erudite Dreamy.

Reactions: Leo
Yep worth every penny. He's up there with Suarez.

Did anyone say he's up there with Suarez? God you're so fucking painful. Don't like that he's playing well so compare him to one of the best players in the World.

Lallana is brilliant. He needs to start every game obviously. He is a joy to watch. Imagine if he had a recognised striker to work with. His work rate is phenomenal, lifted the crowd every now and again pressing Arsenal. You can give him the ball in any tight situation and he'll just do a sexy backheal and off he goes.

Lallana is brilliant. He needs to start every game obviously. He is a joy to watch. Imagine if he had a recognised striker to work with. His work rate is phenomenal, lifted the crowd every now and again pressing Arsenal. You can give him the ball in any tight situation and he'll just do a sexy backheal and off he goes.
Yeah, it's his work in really tight situations, pressed up against a sideline with two or three opponents and still manages to keep possession. Special talent.

He's not ever a "best in league" type player but, as I said and you state, with a great striker in front of him providing more space, he can be even more dangerous.

To be fair this probably applies to all our midfield but he looks the one most likely to capitalize fully.

He'll show plenty of end product, give him time.

that's the problem really. for 25m you don't have much time and need to hit the ground running. it's not as though he is jonny foreigner needing time to adapt.

he's very good on the eye, but for my liking not enough goals and doesn't seem to have too much stamina in finishing games.

that's the problem really. for 25m you don't have much time and need to hit the ground running. it's not as though he is jonny foreigner needing time to adapt.

he's very good on the eye, but for my liking not enough goals and doesn't seem to have too much stamina in finishing games.
What has being a 'jonny foreigner' got to do with adaption time? If it's a change in environment then you need time to adjust where ever you're from and going to.

The £25 million price tag doesn't necessarily mean he should be hitting the ground running either. Look at Bale and Suarez in their new clubs, didn't hit the ground running but after some time their class is showing.

Exciting player. Less wasteful than Cotinhou but still highly skilled technically. Loads of movement and a good eye.

When we get our striker back and Sterling moves back out wide will there be a great future ahead for the Cotinhou/Lallana partnership? After all, 27 shots created against arsenal... Most coming through them. I think we are showing great promise these days.

Imagine being Modo. So fucking bitter and twisted and sad.

Now I might be a bit dickish with my attitude towards Lallana, but I'm being consistent (yeah a consistent prick, I get it).
I've stated on several occasions that I believe he's a good player, but I also said that he has some way to go to justify that fee.
So how do I believe he has he done so far?
Well he missed pre season, that's something I might need to factor in.
He's done well but for a player in the £25 million bracket I expect more, that's all.
Why I mentioned Suarez? Well because Suarez cost us about the same, yeah it's unfair because he's world class, but we didn't buy a world class 24 year old back then, we bought a player with potential from Ajax of all clubs. There was absolutely no guarantee that he was gonna perform the way he did but I think we were expecting top class performances from him.

So to clarify, I don't think Lallana is a dud like Downing, Keane or Carroll but for a 26 year old he needs to be doing more.
I can't fathom that he was bought to for that amount to compete for a place in the starting XI, I think he is supposed to be an ever present figure in the team.

Now I might be a bit dickish with my attitude towards Lallana, but I'm being consistent (yeah a consistent prick, I get it).
I've stated on several occasions that I believe he's a good player, but I also said that he has some way to go to justify that fee.
So how do I believe he has he done so far?
Well he missed pre season, that's something I might need to factor in.
He's done well but for a player in the £25 million bracket I expect more, that's all.
Why I mentioned Suarez? Well because Suarez cost us about the same, yeah it's unfair because he's world class, but we didn't buy a world class 24 year old back then, we bought a player with potential from Ajax of all clubs. There was absolutely no guarantee that he was gonna perform the way he did but I think we were expecting top class performances from him.

So to clarify, I don't think Lallana is a dud like Downing, Keane or Carroll but for a 26 year old he needs to be doing more.
I can't fathom that he was bought to for that amount to compete for a place in the starting XI, I think he is supposed to be an ever present figure in the team.
Every body know what you think you fucking boring rain man fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom