• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LASK on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why have 5 top-class forwards if you’re not going to use them? They need minutes to work on cohesion and improve confidence; Darwin in particular needs to find the scoring touch again to prove Newcastle wasn’t a fluke.

Doak’s time will come.
They've all been used a lot already, especially Mo. Doak's had 10 minutes.....

Doak's time is now baby.....because once we get back into the CL next season, he'll go back to playing 0 minutes.

Impact sub, I guess.
We don't need Mo to be starting this, surely everyone can agree on that.

Doak was kept on the basis he would start games like these.....otherwise what's the point wasting him when he could be on loan somewhere.

#LFC squad travelling to Austria for the @EuropaLeague opener: Alisson, Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Robertson, Matip, Gravenberch, Bajcetic, Doak, Jaros, Kelleher, Quansah.

I'd go:
Kelleher, Gomez, Virgil, Quansah, Tsimikas, Elliott, Endo, Gravenberch, Doak, Darwin, Gakpo

Virgil to play 60 mins.

Do we have to play Darwin? I'd rather keep him for the league. Jota should be good enough.

I think there's a lot to be said for playing a strong team, get some momentum and improved understanding between the new signings and the rest of the squad, get your 4 wins, guaranteed qualification and then rotate a bit. Maybe innovate a bit tactically as well within games you expect to win, rather than risking it in games you might lose.
I always thought when we were at the sharp end of a successful season with games coming thick and fast that it served us better to just keep playing every 3 or 4 days than have a week off in-between fixtures. Obviously rest the guys who are carrying knocks, but the rest of them can play.
And if the game is done by half time then loads of subs on the hour mark to keep everyone fresh and give the subs some meaningful minutes.

Darwin has only played 140 minutes total this season for LFC. He needs minutes and rhythm, not resting.

Minutes I get. A risk of injury I don't. I just don't want it to end up like the other year where Jota got a serious injury against a shite team in Europe for no reason

Doaaaaaaak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liverpool: Kelleher, Bajcetic, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Endo, Gravenberch, Elliott, Doak, Diaz, Nunez.

Subs: Alisson, Jaros, Gomez, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Gakpo, Jota, Robertson, Matip, Quansah.

#LFC v LASK:
Kelleher;
Bajcetic, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas;
Endo, Elliott, Gravenberch;
Doak, Nunez, Diaz.

Subs: Alisson, Jaros, Gomez, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Gakpo, Jota, Robertson, Matip, Quansah.

Strong team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom