• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LASK on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
So, in case you didn't know we're travelling to Austria on Thursday.

Kick off is at 5.45 PM (6.45 CET), so hurry back home from work.

LASK (Linzer Athletik-Sport-Klub) are currently 3rd in their domestic league.
They're on a 3 game win streak and a 7 game unbeaten streak.

We have a tough game on Sunday against West Ham so I'd be going with the backups for this one.

Kelleher

Gomez
Matip
Quansah
Tsimikas

Endo
Gravenberch
Bajcetic

Elliott
Gakpo
Jota

Not the most attacking midfield in the world but I'd risk it.
I'm tempted to start Doak, but I think we have a few players in need of game time ahead of him.
Worst case, that is if Trent won't make the West Ham game, we might have to get creative with the right back position. @dmishra had an idea about playing Bajcetic there.
In that case, there's room for Doak in the starting line up.
Forget Thiago, he'll be back in May, probably.

We have a tough game on Sunday against West Ham so I'd be going with the backups for this one.

Kelleher

Gomez
Matip
Quansah
Tsimikas

Endo
Gravenberch
Bajcetic

Elliott
Gakpo
Jota

I'm tempted to start Doak, but I think we have a few players in need of game time ahead of him.
Worst case, that is if Trent won't make the West Ham game, we might have to get creative with the right back position. @dmishra had an idea about playing Bajcetic there.
That’ll do, though I’d like to see Doak and Clark get on for at least 30 mins.

I'm so grateful work is not even a 10min drive to home.

I don't see Matip playing 2 games in a week and didn't Quansah come off with a knock yesterday? Wouldn't risk it personally. Virgil will play having had 2 weeks off & this game is ideal for Ibou to get that match fitness up.

Kelleher Gomez Ibou Virgil Kostas Baj Endo Grav Doak Nunez Gakpo

Don't think Klopp will go with a full on 2nd string, it's not his thing unless we're playing some league 2 side in the EFL cup.

I'm so grateful work is not even a 10min drive to home.

I don't see Matip playing 2 games in a week and didn't Quansah come off with a knock yesterday? Wouldn't risk it personally. Virgil will play having had 2 weeks off & this game is ideal for Ibou to get that match fitness up.

Kelleher Gomez Ibou Virgil Kostas Baj Endo Grav Doak Nunez Gakpo

Don't think Klopp will go with a full on 2nd string, it's not his thing unless we're playing some league 2 side in the EFL cup.

I get what you're saying, but Van Dijk played two games with his national team, he doesn't need more games.
And what about Elliott?
Also they are basically a league 2 side. We might have a strong bench but that's it.
After this game we only have two days rest before West Ham.

I get what you're saying, but Van Dijk played two games with his national team, he doesn't need more games.
And what about Elliott?
Also they are basically a league 2 side. We might have a strong bench but that's it.
After this game we only have two days rest before West Ham.

If Quansah isn't 100% he shouldn't be risked and with him going down a few times before needing to be subbed, that's how I'm perceiving it.

Elliott has been fine in his cameo's so I'd keep him as such, impact the game off the bench if needed.

Don't know much about LASK but I wouldn't take them lightly.....or any game where we play away.

Klopp will surprise us with the line up and he'll let us all know just how seriously he's taking this competition.

Never heard of them. How did they get into the champions league?

Somehow, besides Red Bull Salzburg, the other Austrian club that comes to my mind immediately is LASK Linz, probably because of us previously signing Besian Idrizaj (who sadly, passed away at a young age) from them.

13 games to get to the CL through the EL
38 games to get to the CL through the PL
plus if’s a prestigious trophy.

Shouldn’t we play a stronger team?

Somehow, besides Red Bull Salzburg, the other Austrian club that comes to my mind immediately is LASK Linz, probably because of us previously signing Besian Idrizaj (who sadly, passed away at a young age) from them.

As a Scouser I do tend to remember Wacker Innsbruck.

13 games to get to the CL through the EL
38 games to get to the CL through the PL
plus if’s a prestigious trophy.

Shouldn’t we play a stronger team?

13 mostly knockout games though, Niall, hence more of a random element built in. As for "prestigious", I'll just call that debatable and leave it there.

That said, I wouldn't go all ressies. We should take it seriously enough to stiffen the selection up with a fair quota of first teamers IMO.

No way. Surely, Young Boys has to come to mind first?

oh I didn’t mean it that way

Kelleher

Gomez
Matip
Quansah
Tsimikas

Endo
Gravenberch
Bajcetic

Elliott
Gakpo
Jota

Elliott in midfield and Doak up front. Lose Gravy

Huge decision to make a match day thread and depose brizzle. Bold.

I approve of deploying the back up keeper for this

Im expecting Virgil & Ibu back next weekend so we can afford to play Matip without fear of him breaking at the weekend.

Kelleher

Gomez
Matip
Quansah
Tsimikas

Endo
Gravenberch
Elliot

Doak
Gakpo
Diaz

I think any two of Nunez/Gakpo/Jota/Diaz with Doak should work.

If Quansah was injured then get Ibu back and up to speed. His minutes can be managed with Virg if needed.

I want to see Doak play, so if it was up to me I'd play Doak.

My team:

Kelleher
Gomez
Quansah
Konate
Tsimikas
Bajcetic
Gravenberch
Elliott
Doak
Jota
Gakpo

I'm not ready for the Thursday night vibes again but still. Would hope for some good rotation but not a loss that risks out good form

Who should play RB is my only question

Kweev
Joemez? Ibou Virg Kostas
Bajcetic
Elliott Gravenberch
Doak Nuñez Diaz

Klopp will have a selection headache when all of our midfielders are fit.
I'd still pick a fit Thiago as our third midfielder, but seeing him fit would be as likely as me spotting a unicorn in the forest during my morning jog.

Klopp will have a selection headache when all of our midfielders are fit.
I'd still pick a fit Thiago as our third midfielder, but seeing him fit would be as likely as me spotting a unicorn in the forest during my morning jog.
Thiago is our best DM right now.

Can not see him doing any worse than Mac Alister has done.

Btw regarding Quansah, it looked like cramp. So, I think he'll be available on Thursday.
Then if he's good to go I'm partnering next to Virgil.

Ibou far too prone to be picking up a knock in a lesser game, Virgil has had one injury (which was a seriously inflicted one) in 6 years....I don't believe he gets injured again in his career.

& Quansah will get better.....faster, playing next to someone like Virgil.....we don't have a lot of years left with Virgil, I say let's make the most of the time he has remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom