• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Legacies - Rafa vs Ged

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=40459.msg1114687#msg1114687 date=1275870377]
[quote author=jexykrodic link=topic=40459.msg1114244#msg1114244 date=1275822812]
I don't know about anyone else but I'm having trouble following what Editors and their relationship to Journos (whatever that means?), company accounts and 'dropping in wage bills' etc etc has to do with Rafa's legacy?

On the plus side he was a decent Manager who won things, signed some good players, got us competing again, and worked hard. He also leaves us with an impressive list of players for the new Manager to work with.

On the debit side he ultimately couldn't get a team to win the League, made some poor signings, frustrated fans and players alike with some questionable tactics and substitutions and occasionally let his frustrations out in Press conferences with ill-advised comments.

All said and done I'd still say he was the best Manager we've had since Kenny Dalglish.

Arguing around semantics seems to be a bit pointless at this stage. The fellas left.
[/quote]

Houllier took us from being an eight place team to a CL regular, Rafa took us from a CL regular to a seventh place team.

Deal with that whatever way suits you.
[/quote]

Yes, but you have missed out the bits in between. When Ged was in charge Man U & Arsenal were the only teams who could regularly outspend us without imploding like Leeds did.

You have to add limitless funds at both City and Chelsea into the pot too. As well as big bucks being spent at Spurs.

Ross, we all know you're not a Rafa fan, but quite frankly you're coming across as a bit of a loon.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=40459.msg1114687#msg1114687 date=1275870377]
[quote author=jexykrodic link=topic=40459.msg1114244#msg1114244 date=1275822812]
I don't know about anyone else but I'm having trouble following what Editors and their relationship to Journos (whatever that means?), company accounts and 'dropping in wage bills' etc etc has to do with Rafa's legacy?

On the plus side he was a decent Manager who won things, signed some good players, got us competing again, and worked hard. He also leaves us with an impressive list of players for the new Manager to work with.

On the debit side he ultimately couldn't get a team to win the League, made some poor signings, frustrated fans and players alike with some questionable tactics and substitutions and occasionally let his frustrations out in Press conferences with ill-advised comments.

All said and done I'd still say he was the best Manager we've had since Kenny Dalglish.

Arguing around semantics seems to be a bit pointless at this stage. The fellas left.
[/quote]

Houllier took us from being an eight place team to a CL regular, Rafa took us from a CL regular to a seventh place team.

Deal with that whatever way suits you.
[/quote]

So, why was Houllier sacked then ?

Houllier was sacked because he was incapable of taking us any further.

Benitez was sacked for the same reason.

Both did good things but neither were ultimately good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom