• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s give them a Kaning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nunez has scored 15 goals and has 4 assists in his first season , and you want to sell him for who exactly?
I'll remind you, Jota is always a game away from being out for 3 months. Salah goes on 3 month baron runs, and he isn't going anywhere. Bobby is leaving and there is no one else coming in. Any young replacement half as good as Nunez will cost £100m.
Nunez will hit 30+ goals in all comps next season. The attack isn't the issue, it's Fab, Hendo and VVD
I’m sorry can you point out Salah’s 3 month baron run this season please?

I don’t know what to make of the Darwin situation. Klopp has form for disappearing players until they’ve learnt how to do what he needs, they then become superstars. That hasn’t been the case with attackers though recently has it? Jota/Diaz/Gakpo have all had instant impact and been praised for looking like they’ve been at the club much longer than they actually have.

We definitely need depth up front however it’s a huge outlay if that’s all he becomes. His stats may be alright but what i see is a guy that lacks the ability to take on a fullback when he plays out wide unless it’s a foot race and a really inconsistent (poor) finisher.

The novelty has worn off for me, the chaos was fun for a while. He does have every tool at his disposal though and i can see occasional moments of promise but he’s got to make a leap forward this summer to become our main man in attack.

I wouldn’t put it past Klopp and the coaches to work their magic and create a star striker next season as part of a much improved side with actual midfielders.

I don't get what is so puzzling here about why he isn't getting into the side. I also don't think he's just some "agent of chaos."

He's a player who thrives on space at the moment, who has seen, by my guess, more starts than klopp would have intended. So, when we didn't have any structure to our team and teams went at us rather than counterattacking, he was a useful outball.

Now, we need a forward line that more than anything else provides structure, and pressing given our midfield doesn't. If our midfield does a little more next season Nunez will at worst be a useful option, and also good against teams that sit back.

I'm glad he's getting a dose of reality. We are a great team with great attacking talent. He knew that when he joined and nothing has changed. He's got a lot to learn, he was bought as a project. If he sulks, he'd have never worked anyway. If instead he comes out of pre season putting in all sorts of effort, he has the raw ability to find a place in the team.

It may be significant that none of the pundits - not all of whom are LFC's best friends, to say the least - seem to doubt he will come good.

I’m sorry can you point out Salah’s 3 month baron run this season please?
This isn't an attack on Salah, but you'll have to admit Salah does have very long dry spells in a season, usually starts when the weather gets really cold and ends when we see an increase in temperature close to spring.
We have 5 very good strikers, and should try to keep all 5 happy, and we have enough games to that in.
Nunez scores two goals and all the Nunez haters will become quiet again . The kid is in his first season, is one of the fastest players in the PL, getting 19 goal contributions is pretty impressive. Also, considering how football inflation is going, we were lucky to get him for £65M going to £85m.

This isn't an attack on Salah, but you'll have to admit Salah does have very long dry spells in a season, usually starts when the weather gets really cold and ends when we see an increase in temperature close to spring.
We have 5 very good strikers, and should try to keep all 5 happy, and we have enough games to that in.
Nunez scores two goals and all the Nunez haters will become quiet again . The kid is in his first season, is one of the fastest players in the PL, getting 19 goal contributions is pretty impressive. Also, considering how football inflation is going, we were lucky to get him for £65M going to £85m.
Every striker bar Haaland has dry spells. Salah has never had a 3 month baron spell.
He’s on track for his second best ever goal return. Sensational.

Every striker bar Haaland has dry spells. Salah has never had a 3 month baron spell.
He’s on track for his second best ever goal return. Sensational.

He was mediocre to shit when we were shit. He hasn't played sensational football this year on the whole.

I'm happy to see him really grinding off the ball now. We could have done with that even more when we were showing absolutely nothing.

He was mediocre to shit when we were shit. He hasn't played sensational football this year on the whole.

I'm happy to see him really grinding off the ball now. We could have done with that even more when we were showing absolutely nothing.
You don’t score 30 goals in a season if you are mediocre or shit for large parts of it.

Still can't believe how many things were wrong with this image which is about 5 seconds before Spurs get their first. Also what it doesn't show is Porro who is out of the picture is pretty much on Robbo's blind side, so effectively we've just left ourselves exposed to a 3v2 counter.

What is Ibou doing?!?!? How is Skipp able to play a pass that cuts through our entire midfield.....through 5 players!!! How does Skipp even find himself in that amount of space!!! EXPLAIN IT TO ME.
60bcf788e25b7af0ec303ee557c28ddf54c76af9.jpeg

Still can't believe how many things were wrong with this image which is about 5 seconds before Spurs get their first. Also what it doesn't show is Porro who is out of the picture is pretty much on Robbo's blind side, so effectively we've just left ourselves exposed to a 3v2 counter.

What is Ibou doing?!?!? How is Skipp able to play a pass that cuts through our entire midfield.....through 5 players!!! How does Skipp even find himself in that amount of space!!! EXPLAIN IT TO ME.
60bcf788e25b7af0ec303ee557c28ddf54c76af9.jpeg

I'm going to go with our players didn't expect Skipp there because he should have been sent off earlier.

I'm going to go with our players didn't expect Skipp there because he should have been sent off earlier.
Mmmh.

Can't actually remember what minute the tackle on Diaz came, was it around the 20-25th min then or did it happen before we got the 3rd? Either way didn't see too many Liverpool players looking concerned for Diaz like he was in serious danger.

Mmmh.

Can't actually remember what minute the tackle on Diaz came, was it around the 20-25th min then or did it happen before we got the 3rd? Either way didn't see too many Liverpool players looking concerned for Diaz like he was in serious danger.
It was a fucking horrible challenge.

The pundits as well as ex-refs are well aware "getting the ball first" means nothing, they only bring it up to use as leverage against you when it's already made up in their mind it's not a red.

It was a fucking horrible challenge.
Where have I said it wasn't?

We all needed a replay to see just how bad it was, none of the players at the time knew how bad it was (Diaz and Skipp aside) judging by their reactions at least.

I don't just evaluate a forward based on how many goals they score, especially when the team is failing, and especially when are a big figure in the club.
Neither do I but also cannot see any logical argument to place the same attacking player in the mediocre to shite category either.
The fact he’s had that many goals and a bagful of assists in such a failing team while not playing as a CF is incredible.

Nunez has scored 15 goals and has 4 assists in his first season , and you want to sell him for who exactly?
I'll remind you, Jota is always a game away from being out for 3 months. Salah goes on 3 month baron runs, and he isn't going anywhere. Bobby is leaving and there is no one else coming in. Any young replacement half as good as Nunez will cost £100m.
Nunez will hit 30+ goals in all comps next season. The attack isn't the issue, it's Fab, Hendo and VVD
@Judge Jules baron

You weren't a fan of Owen then?

It was a different time then. That team was set up to be able to win 1-0, with limited chances, and Owen didn't have to do anything but finish.

This team couldn't do that (deny chances), and nor could Salah score with limited chances. When Owen lost his pace precipitously and was asked to be involved in general play his career was for all intents and purposes already over. That isn't Salah either, thankfully.

I think we would think more highly of Salah if we (and him) see him more as a playmaker than a winger/forward. His pace and trickery are starting to falter but his passing is incredible at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom