• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s give them a Kaning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if someone has mentioned it in the thread, but what a shit celebration to do when you score a winner in added time.
Talk about sucking the air out of the whole thing.
I've got nothing against the "gamer" celebration and I'm delighted with the win, but it would have been so much sweeter if he ran around like madman and got mobbed by the other lads instead.

Yes but it's what makes Jota special
Does he point to the Crest? No. Does he rip his shirt off? No. Does he hug his teammates? No. What he does is score goals when no one else does. Just a different level of cold.

We could win all 5 games left and still be some way off fourth imo.

Have to sadly agree with this, I was hoping that Villa would be able to do something in their game today, but it went to shit and they lost, so with the remaining fixtures that United have - other than Brighton - I don't see them losing or dropping points in any of the other games, unless Casimiro gets an injury - I think they will continue to get enough points to secure 4th regardless of how we do in our remaining fixtures.

I dunno if someone has mentioned it in the thread, but what a shit celebration to do when you score a winner in added time.
Talk about sucking the air out of the whole thing.
I've got nothing against the "gamer" celebration and I'm delighted with the win, but it would have been so much sweeter if he ran around like madman and got mobbed by the other lads instead.
He's just boring AF. 1 long term gf, only games all the time, don't listen to music. His fav singer is Sting for fuck's sakes. But Jota is perhaps the first player in the team I will want to have in that situation, ice cold finish.

Where have these results (not proformances) been all season long? The forwards coming back is part of the story but we are looking after the ball a lot better than in previous games, I must say.

Release the audio!

This was what they were always going to say regardless of what actually happened, esp.with that Yorkie c**t Howard "Three Yellow Cards" Webb in charge. Tierney's been given a lot of our games recently and a pound to a penny says that's not a coincidence.

Last edited:
Heung my boy is getting a hatrick, unless Konate can do anything about it.
7e90d961d1f4e612f50ddf09cdc2d071.jpg
Never want to see this line up again. Just put Trent in midfield FFS

there is a lot of things that have to click in this new set up with trent moving infield
the mid pushing up and being comfortable there is one thing
but a lot of it falls on konate to push up and cover a lot of space, also out wide

this of course is something opponents sniff out, and it is also the space and area where Son thrives, so no good match really

Years ago I went to Forest vs.Spurs at the City Ground and at one stage the Trent End (where I and the friends I was staying with were stationed) started to sing "We always beat Tottenham". Just to add insult to injury it was sung to the tune of "1-0 to the Arsenal". :vamp: And yes, Forest won 2-1.

there is a lot of things that have to click in this new set up with trent moving infield
the mid pushing up and being comfortable there is one thing
but a lot of it falls on konate to push up and cover a lot of space, also out wide

this of course is something opponents sniff out, and it is also the space and area where Son thrives, so no good match really
Yep hence my post...
Trent basically has no protection when he's surrounded by Elliott and Salah. So it's on Konate to bail him out.

Final post in that thread:

[article]One good thing about yesterday.

Despite all the help they get, Liverpool are still in a huge mess.

No way you should get fully outplayed by Spurs at home.

This Trent in CM is a marketing stunt, he left so many spaces behind and Virgil is done.

They need 3-4 CMs, 2 CBs and Darwin is 100m wasted.

Klopps behavior was like a desperate man clinging to anything he can.

Their owners wanted to sell but got no buyers.

We get the next couple seasons right, they are back in the rear view mirror where they were.[/article]

I mean, I get it but bar a few years, when on fucking earth have Spurs been anything but miles behind us? I mean fucking hell.

Yep hence my post...
Trent basically has no protection when he's surrounded by Elliott and Salah. So it's on Konate to bail him out.

Actually, Salah came back a few times to assist the right side if you watched the game.
Hendo came on for Elliot and didn’t offer any extra protection.
It wasn’t just the right side, left side was worse.
Spurs after 30 mins pushed their wing backs higher and we didn’t adjust or get a grip. Our full backs should have dropped back further or the RCM and LCM should have blocked those channels to get a grip but we did neither.

Final post in that thread:

[article]One good thing about yesterday.

Despite all the help they get, Liverpool are still in a huge mess.

No way you should get fully outplayed by Spurs at home.

This Trent in CM is a marketing stunt, he left so many spaces behind and Virgil is done.

They need 3-4 CMs, 2 CBs and Darwin is 100m wasted.

Klopps behavior was like a desperate man clinging to anything he can.

Their owners wanted to sell but got no buyers.

We get the next couple seasons right, they are back in the rear view mirror where they were.[/article]

I mean, I get it but bar a few years, when on fucking earth have Spurs been anything but miles behind us? I mean fucking hell.

He didn’t mention Spurs fans who travel 100s of miles up the motorway and then left 10 mins into the game, that was embaressing.

Actually, Salah came back a few times to assist the right side if you watched the game.
Spurs after 30 mins pushed their wing backs higher and we didn’t adjust or get a grip. Our full backs should have dropped back further or the RCM and LCM should have blocked those channels to get a grip but we did neither.
Hendo has had a below par this season imo, so it wasn't surprising.
I really hope we buy a proper right back next season

Last edited:

Hendo was awful after coming on, full stop. With and without the ball.

He slipped though. That can happen.

yes, but we don't want him there in that position. We absolutely have to hold the ball more, rather than rely on the counter press, so that we can use Trent, rather than being abused by the weakness of this system.

At the moment it feels like the only way this (slightly odd) system with TAA playing a quasi-midfielder works - at least against very good attacking sides - is if we become more like City or the Liverpool of a couple years ago - feared and in possession for most of the game. Tall order.

I missed some of the game but there was one moment in the second half where we tried to press Spurs deep in their own half with 4-5 players more or less in the LF position... of course they broke on us with and we lacked numbers at the back. That time they didn't get through and a couple managed to get back in time (Salah maybe)... but this constant dicing with death is a problem Klopp will have to solve somehow in the summer.

At the moment it feels like the only way this (slightly odd) system with TAA playing a quasi-midfielder works - at least against very good attacking sides - is if we become more like City or the Liverpool of a couple years ago - feared and in possession for most of the game. Tall order.

I missed some of the game but there was one moment in the second half where we tried to press Spurs deep in their own half with 4-5 players more or less in the LF position... of course they broke on us with and we lacked numbers at the back. That time they didn't get through and a couple managed to get back in time (Salah maybe)... but this constant dicing with death is a problem Klopp will have to solve somehow in the summer.

Do you think this problem will remain if we buy midfielders with physicality and mobility?

Do you think this problem will remain if we buy midfielders with physicality and mobility?

It depends on how quickly it all comes together and whether certain other players can recapture their form.

If we compare the team now to the team from a few years ago then you could say there are question marks all over the pitch.

Teams used to break through occasionally in the past but found it was largely pointless up against VVD. The VVD of today is nowhere near the same player. Konate is injury prone. Matip needs replacing and Gomez is as erratic as ever, at least without a run of games and someone to babysit him. Robertson is also well short of the consistent 8/10 performances we'd average from him.

Up front Salah is still putting up good numbers but teams aren't scared of him in the way they used to be. Gakpo is looking good but he's still learning, Jota still needs to prove he can stay fit over teh course of the season and Nunez is a walking, talking (though not in English) question mark.

I think Klopp can ultimately make it work and tie everything together but we really need to start knocking it out of the park in the transfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom