• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let's Danns

So they saw him in training enough to give him an opportunity, and have him on the bench, but not as a valid option as a sub when chasing a game? At any point since? or a valid sub when we're winning a game to see what the lads about in a competitive game at this level?

Fair enough, but its not something i understand
We were down to the bones at that stage.

So they saw him in training enough to give him an opportunity, and have him on the bench, but not as a valid option as a sub when chasing a game? At any point since? or a valid sub when we're winning a game to see what the lads about in a competitive game at this level?

Fair enough, but its not something i understand
I have no idea. All I know is Klopp and co see (and know) a lot more than I (and maybe others on here) do and make decisions accordingly.

We don’t have anyone else. Not a hard hence to make atm.

Sound. So we don't give him chances then, even when we're struggling or winning, because he's not good enough to play, but good enough to be on the bench. There just to have a seat and a nice view Sound.

Sound. So we don't give him chances then, even when we're struggling or winning, because he's not good enough to play, but good enough to be on the bench. There just to have a seat and a nice view Sound.
It's not that bad, but your statement is the same as when we have 2 keepers on the bench just to make up the numbers

It's not that bad, but your statement is the same as when we have 2 keepers on the bench just to make up the numbers

Important difference is if the keeper is sent off, we need to bring one on. It's a big "if" scenario. Similar to "if our striker looks like he's won a competition to be there", we'd sub him. I understand the importance in our system of cohesion and working as a team and you need to know what everyone else is doing; but late in a game youre chasing, I don't see it as an issue bringing on someone who just plays as a stereotypical striker with fresh legs. Making the runs everyone knows from when they were a kid. I know it's reductionist, but it all feels so obvious as times.

Fuck knows what I am doing getting involved in a football argument. I am clueless.

I'll stick to revolutionary politics
More than fair. I've no fucking clue why but I've no doubt the man who has won trophies knows better. I just don't like not understanding

In both recent games against United we conceded to kids they put on and trusted. Ours watched from the academy / stands whilst this happened.

In both recent games against United we conceded to kids they put on and trusted. Ours watched from the academy / stands whilst this happened.
We dont even have to look to the other end of the east lancs. In Feb we won a fucking trophy with kids klopp trusted. We progressed to a quarter final with kids klopp trusted. What happened? First teamers came back and looked shite

This happens all the time to literally hundreds of players. Especially young players who are part of the squad just for experience.

R9 was in the Brazil squad in 94 and sat on the bench and didn’t play a single minute.

It was experience building.

This happens all the time to literally hundreds of players. Especially young players who are part of the squad just for experience.

R9 was in the Brazil squad in 94 and sat on the bench and didn’t play a single minute.

It was experience building.
Just like Walcott as well. And that was widely lauded as pointless. No point cherry picking the success of r9 in brazils team who had some of the greatest strikers on earth at that time, and comparing it to a Darwin fucking Nunez and cody fucking gakpo. There's levels. R9 had come off the back of a huge move to psv and had already played for, score and assisted for the Brazil national side. He'd also scored goals in the copa libertadores.

"No point giving danns minutes because Ronaldo was on the bench 30 years ago"

Your comparisons are fucking WILD

When Nunez and Jota are putting up bebeto and romario numbers. I'll concede danns should stay on the bench

I think it's signs of desperation when we start calling for Danns to start. I think I'll give Klopp the benefit of the doubt here. He sees Danns in training more than we do and to be fair Danns scored against a Championship team.

Throwing the kid in the deep end at this point in season? Not sure it's a good idea.
Klopp also has to consider the mood in the dressing room, what if Klopp plays Danns ahead of Nunez and Gakkers and he's shite?
The boys won't like that.

But its a moot point anyway because our saviour Jota is back.

I think it's signs of desperation when we start calling for Danns to start. I think I'll give Klopp the benefit of the doubt here. He sees Danns in training more than we do and to be fair Danns scored against a Championship team.

Throwing the kid in the deep end at this point in season? Not sure it's a good idea.
Klopp also has to consider the mood in the dressing room, what if Klopp plays Danns ahead of Nunez and Gakkers and he's shite?
The boys won't like that.

But its a moot point anyway because our saviour Jota is back.

the boys shouldn't like anyone being shite, let alone an 18 year old. I doubt theres serious calls for danns to start, but equally, nunez has been very erratic all season and has lost his form of a few months ago, and gakpo (god love him) isn't a 9 for me. I just dont see the issue with a 10 minute cameo. Let the lad prove himself.

Also, fuck them. If they don't like the idea of a kid getting minutes ahead of them and struggling, thats not the mentality i want at the club. They should be either bursting their own lungs to prove the manager wrong, or supporting the kid. Give a fuck about mardy arse pricks

The deep end of the season is where legs are tired and mood should be high. Fresh legs for a brief time shouldn't be discounted

Your comparisons are fucking WILD

When Nunez and Jota are putting up bebeto and romario numbers. I'll concede danns should stay on the bench
The point I was making is far better players warmed the bench as kids for a lot longer. Dann’s came from nowhere to be getting a couple of appearances and scoring when we were light, it’s absolutely normal that he’d go back to the u21’s when the squad was fit again. It’s actually great he’s getting to be involved in the match day squads at all.

They were played in shite teams who weren’t joint first and had 4/5 international strikers ahead of them who we paid a fortune for.
What’s that got to do with it? Our strikers are underperforming so the cost of them (or their wages) is irrelevant. Even had they big signings ahead of them, they were given a chance and took it. Went on to score goals. The useless nature of our record signing could cost us a league title. He should be rightfully dropped and replaced with a square peg in a square hole.

What’s that got to do with it? Our strikers are underperforming so the cost of them (or their wages) is irrelevant. Even had they big signings ahead of them, they were given a chance and took it. Went on to score goals. The useless nature of our record signing could cost us a league title. He should be rightfully dropped and replaced with a square peg in a square hole.
Are they do? Or are our fans a bunch of knee jerk dick heads?

Darwin and Gakpo’s performances over the last few months have been horrific. There’s nothing knee jerk about wanting them dropped.

Give Danns his chance to shine.

I’m just going to pop this here… from the Forrest match thread end of Feb.

I don’t know why we just don’t lock Dreamy in his own thread so that he can start arguments with himself.

Yeah Dreamy man that’s a bit unwarranted. There’s a debate there for sure. What’s wrong with that? Jaysis :D

He wouldn't have done a thing for us today, what with us scoring all the goals and having zero aerial threat when we started punting balls to the box

He may not have just hit the ball straight at Henderson. You know, like those expensive experienced players.

Back
Top Bottom