• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let's Danns

Saw the u21s game last night, brilliant team performance with no one below an 8. We went down to 10 for the last 10mins when Mabaye picked up a hammy so soon after returning and we still had the best chance to score another.

The goal Danns scored was class but his build up for the first was just as impressive, capatilised on a loose back pass....slipped inside the last defender with a lovely piece of skill and then forced the save which Kone-Doherty slotted the rebound in from.

for me i just don't get why you wouldn't throw on some youthful local exuberance in certain games. You might get fuck all, but you also might get a difference maker. Considering all of Feb was "klopps kids", now it's back to earth with a bump

for me i just don't get why you wouldn't throw on some youthful local exuberance in certain games. You might get fuck all, but you also might get a difference maker. Considering all of Feb was "klopps kids", now it's back to earth with a bump
+1

He plays on the shoulder of course he’s getting caught offside.
He doesn’t need to do that because he is just that fast. Playing on the shoulder is no defence to being the number 1 offside player in the premier league this season. He’s been offside 27 times. Some perspective, Jackson at Chelsea is 2nd with 26 and he’s dog shit. 3rd place has 20 (Bowen).

Being offside that often at his age (and his price tag!) is unforgivable.

He really is the Uruguayan Cisse.

He doesn’t need to do that because he is just that fast. Playing on the shoulder is no defence to being the number 1 offside player in the premier league this season. He’s been offside 27 times. Some perspective, Jackson at Chelsea is 2nd with 26 and he’s dog shit. 3rd place has 20 (Bowen).

Being offside that often at his age (and his price tag!) is unforgivable.

He really is the Uruguayan Cisse.
Less broken bones and wife beatings though, so every cloud

Calling a football player "starboy" should be a punishable offense and Arsenal should get a 10 point deduction for their fans starting the trend

Last edited:
Its the classic case of players who aren't playing becoming world class in the eyes of supporters. Apparently Jota and Danns are Messi & Ronaldo waiting in the wings

Thiago must be Pele, Maradona and Stanley Mathews all rolled into one.

Klopp always tries to keep a settled team and limit changes in the run in though, I presume it’s to get consistency - it’s probably why we always run out of gas by the last couple of games.

yeah man, he's a natural finisher. Give me a blast. Nothing to lose
No offence but that’s just a fucking stupid. Off the bench sure but starting a kid with fuck all experience at this level is laughable.

No offence but that’s just a fucking stupid. Off the bench sure but starting a kid with fuck all experience at this level is laughable.

I’m just going to pop this here… from the Forrest match thread end of Feb.

Hopefully we see the three stars return to bench and get 25 mins. They need to get up to speed for City.

This will be a big test and won’t be shocked if they overrun us. You can see they are improving week to week and are due a result. This could be it.

Endo being available will be a huge boost if it happens.

I’d definitely start Danns too. He deserves it.

I don’t know why we just don’t lock Dreamy in his own thread so that he can start arguments with himself.

Can we play a game of who am I?

1. I scored on my debut in a 3-1 win
2. A week later I bagged 5.
3. I scored a late equaliser aged 18 years old to save us from a humiliating defeat
4. I scored my first league hat trick in my 5th league game

Let’s try another

1. I scored on my debut against Wimbledon during a title challenge
2. I scored my first league hat trick aged 17
3. I scored 18 league goals in my first season

You know the answers. The point is these guys were thrown in a scored from the off because they were goal scorers. Danns is too.

Jesus Christ are people really calling for a kid who’s played a handful of games to lead our line ahead of Nunez. Fuck me.

For me it’s not necessarily leading the line but being considered an option throughout a game.

Gakpo can’t play through the middle, or Diaz, or Mo. Danns can. I think similar to comments about Mo, we should look at having a game where we purposefully save on of them for a 30 min full throttle performance.

This could be starting Nunez and bringing Danns on, or vice versa.

On the right it could be starting Diaz (with Gakpo wide left) and Mo as that impact sub.

Our forward line has been predictable. What worked well when we had no option but to switch it up when Mo was injured was having Diaz, Jota, Nunez & Gakpo rotating across those positions.

For me it’s not necessarily leading the line but being considered an option throughout a game.

Gakpo can’t play through the middle, or Diaz, or Mo. Danns can. I think similar to comments about Mo, we should look at having a game where we purposefully save on of them for a 30 min full throttle performance.

This could be starting Nunez and bringing Danns on, or vice versa.

On the right it could be starting Diaz (with Gakpo wide left) and Mo as that impact sub.

Our forward line has been predictable. What worked well when we had no option but to switch it up when Mo was injured was having Diaz, Jota, Nunez & Gakpo rotating across those positions.

Absolutely sensationally on the money.

There is nothing lost if we're chasing a game and bring danns on when our current front 5 are either returning from injury or bang out of form. Equally, if we're winning a game, danns might help this goal difference issue and might not need 20 chances to score.

Can we play a game of who am I?

1. I scored on my debut in a 3-1 win
2. A week later I bagged 5.
3. I scored a late equaliser aged 18 years old to save us from a humiliating defeat
4. I scored my first league hat trick in my 5th league game

Let’s try another

1. I scored on my debut against Wimbledon during a title challenge
2. I scored my first league hat trick aged 17
3. I scored 18 league goals in my first season

You know the answers. The point is these guys were thrown in a scored from the off because they were goal scorers. Danns is too.
Are you seriously comparing Dann’s to Fowler or Owen? 🤣🤣🤣 Fucking hell.

Are you seriously comparing Dann’s to Fowler or Owen? 🤣🤣🤣 Fucking hell.
You could tell with fowler or owen from minute 1 they were stars? or was it because they actually got a consistent run of games you could see they were stars?

Good way to avoid the point. They got played and went on to score loads. They were just kids when they were thrown in with no experience. Without being able to whip out a crystal ball you will never know how Danns will produce. There’s only one way to find out!

Like, other than score 3 on his debut, i really dont know what more he could have done? Cunt hit the bar as a late sub in a cup final as well. Like, i genuinely don't know what more he could do to get more minutes inthe fleeting chances he had? He pressed, he harried, he challenged, he scored, he led the line....like...genuinely. Whats he done to be immediately thrown back in to the cold?

Good way to avoid the point. They got played and went on to score loads. They were just kids when they were thrown in with no experience. Without being able to whip out a crystal ball you will never know how Danns will produce. There’s only one way to find out!
Well there is another way ...watch him in training, like Klopp and the staff just possibly do from time to time

Weren't even flukey toe pokes either. One of them was as good a finish as i've seen from any f our forwards this year

Well there is another way ...watch him in training, like Klopp and the staff just possibly do from time to time
So they saw him in training enough to give him an opportunity, and have him on the bench, but not as a valid option as a sub when chasing a game? At any point since? or a valid sub when we're winning a game to see what the lads about in a competitive game at this level?

Fair enough, but its not something i understand

You could tell with fowler or owen from minute 1 they were stars? or was it because they actually got a consistent run of games you could see they were stars?
Considering both were breaking every underage record going it was obvious.

Fowlers 5 goals helped :D

Owen looked special in that first 20 mins against Wimbledon and actually should have won us the game 3-2!

Danns is nowhere near that level although he does look promising.

They were played in shite teams who weren’t joint first and had 4/5 international strikers ahead of them who we paid a fortune for.

Like, other than score 3 on his debut, i really dont know what more he could have done? Cunt hit the bar as a late sub in a cup final as well. Like, i genuinely don't know what more he could do to get more minutes inthe fleeting chances he had? He pressed, he harried, he challenged, he scored, he led the line....like...genuinely. Whats he done to be immediately thrown back in to the cold?
Obv nowhere near it in training.

Considering both were breaking every underage record going it was obvious.

Fowlers 5 goals helped :D

Owen looked special in that first 20 mins against Wimbledon and actually should have won us the game 3-2!

Danns is nowhere near that level although he does look promising.
The 5 goals in his second start; something danns hasn't been afforded 1 of yet.

Back
Top Bottom