• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]
Liverpool have taken the decision to bring back youth star Max Woltman.

The 19-year-old has been recalled from his loan spell with Doncaster Rovers.

He did play 14 games for the League Two side in all competitions so far this season.

The Reds may be hoping to get Woltman a move where he is a more regular presence in first team matches.

Woltman has been at the club since the age of seven, playing two senior games for the club in 2021-2022.

He is not on the radar of boss Jurgen Klopp for a first team spot at present.
[/article]

Joey Barton signed Morgan Boyes on loan when he was at Fleetwood Town a few years ago.

This time, it's Quansah at Bristol Rovers

Another failed loan arrangement for our young player. Is the thinking behind this recall - since you can't get a game elsewhere, might as well come back and be cover while we raise funds by selling a better backup option? Or to loan him to a more suitable club/level?

Last edited:
Another failed loan arrangement for our young player. Is the thinking behind this recall - since you can't get a game elsewhere, might as well come back and be cover while we raise funds by selling a better backup option? Or to loan him to a more suitable club/level?

2 failed loans in a row? Probably a case of him underperforming.

Another failed loan move for our young player ... (2nd one for Owen Beck in the same season too)

Last edited:
Sadly, indeed. Wilson seemed to be one of the rare ones?
Yeah I suppose, more for his benefit than ours.

Just shows you need to be at least 50% ready for proper first team football before you get into our 20s otherwise it's going to be a struggle....these players like Quansah Woltman Beck Fraudendorf Cain Clark Clarkson etc you can just tell aren't even 0.5% ready.

Ahhhhhhh I'm just getting involved for no reason. Ignore me

Nah, just goes to show how far we seem to lack behind in academy "production" - that we can't seem to recall one such successful recent loan. :oops:

Hopefully Oakley Cannonier or Jarell Quansah who just got loaned to Bristol Rovers will break the "trend".

Koumetio too - already turning 21 this year :(
Koumetio is highly rated but not going to get into our squad ahead of VvD, Konate, Matip or Gomez is he. A loan clearly the best situation for any young CB we have on our books (to say nothing of the fact that CBs in general seem to be older before they establish themselves in a top team's squad).

Connor Bradley's still going well at Bolton still isn't he?

Edit: Just checked, 26 games from 28 league fixtures, nearly always starting. 4 goals from FB.

He’s been playing further forward than RB hasn’t he?

Regardless - he’s done well.

Leighton Clarkson’s done alright at Aberdeen and Sepp Van Den Berg did well at PNE and has been unfortunate with injury - I’m not ready to write him and a few other young players off just yet - they need to be playing first team football regularly, which we can’t offer them, but we need to find better teams and managers to loan these players out to.

Curtis Jones, I feel, would have greatly benefited from a loan to another PL or good Championship team.

Rangers, Blackburn, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Forrest… heck, David Wagner at Norwich might be a good place to see a few kids - maybe send them to other mid table teams in Portugal, Belgium, Holland, Germany or France.

No point sending them if they’re not going to play.

Sounds simple - clearly it isn’t - but it is definitely an area we could improve in.

Bradley Boumetio Clarkson VDB I can tell you for free that none of them will make it in the Prem, nevermind a club like Liverpool...simply because we've had far better talents over the last 15-20 years that've never got close.

Boumetio Clarkson VDB are already 21......

It's great Bradley is doing well, maybe some lower championship side with a bit of money can fork out 5-10m for him. Same with Morton.

Morton credited with the assist for Blackburn's 2nd goal vs. Birmingham City

(from 0:53)

Kilmarnock are last (12th) in the Scottish Premiership. It's pretty tight at the bottom though.

Untitled.jpg

[article]Aberdeen caretaker manager Barry Robson is enjoying working with on-loan Liverpool midfielder Leighton Clarkson.

Robson believes Leighton Clarkson's best position is as a number six.

The Liverpool loanee has been north of the border since the start of the season. He has featured frequently for Aberdeen, scoring four goals this season.

There has been change at Pittodrie in recent weeks, Jim Goodwin was sacked in light of their embarrassing defeat to Hibernian with Robson installed as his temporary successor.

Now, he believes he may have found where the Reds youngster can thrive, he said: "We have found the best position, I believe, for Leighton Clarkson.

“I always thought Leighton was a six. Sometimes he wants to play a double six (two defensive midfielders in front of the back-line) in there.

“Leighton is the one that can control the game. He had some great passing and some great movement (against Motherwell). Leighton can dictate and run the game. He is the one we are going to get a bit of football from. You can see that."[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom