• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp said in his presser the decision won't be made until after pre-season whether he goes out on another loan or not, only question I have is if he's physically ready to compete for a spot...with Trent now slowly integrating into midfield, the RB spot is 1 of few positions in the first team very much up for grabs...it'd be great to see 2 teenage kids battling it out.

Klopp said in his presser the decision won't be made until after pre-season whether he goes out on another loan or not, only question I have is if he's physically ready to compete for a spot...with Trent now slowly integrating into midfield, the RB spot is 1 of few positions in the first team very much up for grabs...it'd be great to see 2 teenage kids battling it out.

It also means we can buy one less midfielder.

So from 3 down to 2 or 2 to 1?

I think maybe signing 2 would've been the plan all along & would mean not focus on signing a new RB.

We won’t sign more than 2 midfielders capable of going straight into the first team (we might sign a couple of teenagers).

Conor Bradley will get a chance to break into Liverpool's first-team squad when he takes part in pre-season, Jurgen Klopp has said.
Bradley has impressed on loan at Bolton Wanderers and helped the League One side lift the Papa John's Trophy.
The 19-year-old has also become a key player at international level with Northern Ireland.
"The plan at the moment is to bring him back and keep him, but we will see," Klopp said.
"Bring him back, go in the pre-season and then enjoy the steps he made, then we will decide together what we are doing from that moment on."
Bradley made five senior appearances for Liverpool last season before joining Bolton to continue his development.
He has made a big impact, scoring seven goals and providing six assists in 49 appearances, as he helped Wanderers lift the Papa John's Trophy at Wembley while maintaining the club's play-off push.
Bradley has also stood out in a struggling Northern Ireland side and is already a fan favourite at Windsor Park with all-action performances in his 12 caps.
Klopp has been impressed by what he has seen of Bradley and said that while another temporary move is possible, he has the opportunity to force his way into Liverpool's first-team squad.
"I think it's a confidence boost when you are invited and playing for your country, of course that is great but it is not that often it happens," said Klopp, who added there was a Whatsapp group for Liverpool's on-loan players so they can keep in constant contact.
"I think it gives you a better feeling about yourself if you get picked for your country. I never had that situation so I cannot exactly tell you how it feels, but I am pretty sure it is very special and it is a super-positive moment for him.
"We knew what we had in our hands when he was here, but for young boys there must be an opportunity to make the next step with playing and that was now a typical win-win situation: it was good for us, good for him and good for the club and I liked it a lot.
"Everybody speaks positively about him. I think one and a half years ago only a few football nerds would have known about him and now everybody knows him. That's cool and that's the first step.
"He is our boy, which I like a lot. A super mentality, which is extremely helpful, and all the rest will come - and we are all pretty sure about that. So, that's it.
"Conor will be our player, but how it is in that age group, we have to see if it makes more sense for him going on loan after pre-season or not. We will decide that then and not now."

[article]Liverpool youngster Luke Chambers has signed a new deal with the club he has been with since the age of six.

The 18-year-old has spent the second half of the season in the Scottish Premiership with strugglers Kilmarnock where he has made 11 appearances since January. He has also featured as part of the pre-season tour with Jurgen Klopp's side and has been named in the matchday squad twice in his professional career.

Chambers was a part of Ian Foster's England U19s squad that scored European Championships glory last summer as they beat Israel 3-1 in the final. The full-back was alongside fellow Reds prospect Jarrell Quansah for the triumph in Slovakia.

The extension comes amid claims from Scotland that Championship side Watford were monitoring the full-back's progress with the Ayrshire side. In April, the Daily Record's Scott Burns wrote that Hornets technical director Ben Manga had travelled to watch Chambers against Celtic.[/article]

I can see a club like Rangers coming in for Clarkson in summer. £5m would be nice.

Alternatively we could loan him out to a Premier League Team or top Championship team, get more experience, judge whether he might have a future here or get closer to £20m on.

Alternatively we could loan him out to a Premier League Team or top Championship team, get more experience, judge whether he might have a future here or get closer to £20m on.
Nah no future here. The guy is 21 already, come on.

Do we really want to wait around for another year to cash in....maybe not the worst idea if he does end up having a good spell in a better league.

I may be in a minority here but I don't see Trents new role creating a vacancy at RB. The advantage of having an additional man in midfield when Trent steps out is lost if he starts in midfield and then has to be replaced by a conventional RB.

Reactions: jan
I may be in a minority here but I don't see Trents new role creating a vacancy at RB. The advantage of having an additional man in midfield when Trent steps out is lost if he starts in midfield and then has to be replaced by a conventional RB.
That may well be the case, I wouldn't say you're in the minority with that view.

If we're targeting 2 midfielders...and get them, I actually see Trent reverting back to positions he was taking up before the Arsenal game.

Nah no future here. The guy is 21 already, come on.

Do we really want to wait around for another year to cash in....maybe not the worst idea if he does end up having a good spell in a better league.

So he’s about the same age as Connor Gallagher was when he was on loan at West Brom.

He had a poor season last year, but was highly regarded prior to that - he’d be a bargain at £5m.

This is the thing - look at the money City are raking in from their kids - we’ve got to stop giving up on kids so cheaply - he deserves a crack on loan at a team like Palace, Forrest, etc

So he’s about the same age as Connor Gallagher was when he was on loan at West Brom.

He had a poor season last year, but was highly regarded prior to that - he’d be a bargain at £5m.

This is the thing - look at the money City are raking in from their kids - we’ve got to stop giving up on kids so cheaply - he deserves a crack on loan at a team like Palace, Forrest, etc

He is but you don't strike me as a foolish person Stevie, being on loan in the Prem at 21 is 50 levels better than being on loan in the SPL at 21.

He cannot be worth more than £5m at this moment in time because the best player in the SPL doesn't even go for higher than 10m.

Our kids simply just aren't as talented as your Villa's or Arsenal's and Manchester clubs, that's just a fact we have to accept....it's the same with the Women's....the focus is and will always only be on the senior team.....there's a good reason why we never have kids on loan at other Prem clubs, they're nowhere near ready for it.

He is but you don't strike me as a foolish person Stevie, being on loan in the Prem at 21 is 50 levels better than being on loan in the SPL at 21.

He cannot be worth more than £5m at this moment in time because the best player in the SPL doesn't even go for higher than 10m.

Our kids simply just aren't as talented as your Villa's or Arsenal's and Manchester clubs, that's just a fact we have to accept....it's the same with the Women's....the focus is and will always only be on the senior team.....there's a good reason why we never have kids on loan at other Prem clubs, they're nowhere near ready for it.

Sorry, I don’t agree with you there - we do have good kids, but we’re failing to convert them in to good adult players when they hit that 20+ age.

We can’t afford to give them the regular game time they need to improve, so they need a loan.

Chelsea are very good at getting good loans for their players a - I’m not saying Clarkson is as good as Gallagher, but also, giving him away now for £5m is a waste.

We’re calling Nunez “young” and “raw” and he turns 24 next month.

All I’m suggesting is - if he’s only likely to fetch £5m, there’s no harm in trying to get him a loan at a bottom half Premier League club next season and seeing if he can push on.

There’s a whole host of kids we need to be managing better, rather than just letting drift off for next to nothing.

Incidentally, our U21 team is currently second in the league behind only City.

There’s talent there - it’s just not being converted from U21 to adult well enough.

Incidentally, our U21 team is currently second in the league behind only City.

There’s talent there - it’s just not being converted from U21 to adult well enough.
That's because the talented youth have already been extracted either into their first team or on loan elsewhere and they leave whoever's left to play in the PL2 division....you didn't see players like Saka Smith Rowe Balogun Nketiah playing in the PL2 division 2-3 years ago because they were already classed as beyond that level.

The young players we send on loan (first loan) is usually to a league 1/2 or even lower division....and a lot have struggled at lower level, where do you go with them from there?

I'm referring to players like Adam Lewis, Billy Koumetio, Paul Glatzel, Owen Beck, Ben Woodburn, Jarrel Quansah, Leighton Clarkson, Fidel O'Rourke, Luke Chambers.

Sorry, I don’t agree with you there - we do have good kids, but we’re failing to convert them in to good adult players when they hit that 20+ age.

We can’t afford to give them the regular game time they need to improve, so they need a loan.

Chelsea are very good at getting good loans for their players a - I’m not saying Clarkson is as good as Gallagher, but also, giving him away now for £5m is a waste.

We’re calling Nunez “young” and “raw” and he turns 24 next month.

All I’m suggesting is - if he’s only likely to fetch £5m, there’s no harm in trying to get him a loan at a bottom half Premier League club next season and seeing if he can push on.

There’s a whole host of kids we need to be managing better, rather than just letting drift off for next to nothing.

Chelsea actually work on building their academy though hence why they have the best youth system in the country....it's not about who wins the PL2 division...us being 2nd means nothing, Arsenal are 7th and have the 2nd or 3rd best academy in the country.

It's nothing to do with us failing them, because once they've moved on (look at Morgan/Sinclair/Woodburn/Brewster/Ojo/Ibe/Wisdom/Larouci) they all fail to make it themselves....i.e they were never good enough in the first place....I've seen this rodeo so many times before, I used to follow the academy for years on end until I realised there wasn't any worth in it.

I call Nunez quality, a sexy cunt and a bit of a maniac.

Don't see how anyone can call him shit, probably disillusioned with the vision of what a 70-80m striker should look like....& that's if he's not doing a Haaland he's automatically shit.

Chelsea actually work on building their academy though hence why they have the best youth system in the country....it's not about who wins the PL2 division...us being 2nd means nothing, Arsenal are 7th and have the 2nd or 3rd best academy in the country.

It's nothing to do with us failing them, because once they've moved on (look at Morgan/Sinclair/Woodburn/Brewster/Ojo/Ibe/Wisdom/Larouci) they all fail to make it themselves....i.e they were never good enough in the first place....I've seen this rodeo so many times before, I used to follow the academy for years on end until I realised there wasn't any worth in it.

You’re almost making my point for me though - we didn’t effectively use good loans to get those players sufficiently developed - but we did make good money on some.

I'm also factoring in new facilities, etc

We’ve gotten better at it - Van Den Berg has developed well over a couple of loans, Harvey, Morton, Bradley & Clarkson have all done well and gained valuable experience, a few others haven’t - but there are very few who wouldn’t benefit from playing regularly.

Id be all for Morton, Clarkson, Wee Ben Doak, Van Den Berg, Bradley, Carvalho, Badger Tits even, going out on loan at premier league side next season (depending on who we sign obviously).

Badger Tits spending a year at Brighton as part of a for Mac Alistair deal wouldn’t be the worst idea I’ve ever heard - it’s done Colwill a lot of good and if Chelsea decide to sell, they’ll get a good fee.

I look at the kids we have in the England set up U18, U19, U20 & U21 squads and there’s good representation there - as good as any team, but they need to be playing competitively to develop into either better sellable assets, potential first teamers or just plain better players.

I think our handling of young players need to change/improve. In terms of when to grant loan moves, as well as where to.

I know Phillips is already 26 but he's one of the many examples where we keep young players so that we can have backup, while sacrificing their game time & development.

If I remember correctly, we didn't have much options up front and Brewster was kept until Jan 2020 before he made his loan move to Swansea. Similar situation with Neco Williams - kept as backup option before loaning to Fulham on Jan 2022 transfer deadline day. Both cases, half a season "wasted".

Failed (and some strange) loan move examples:
  • Beck - Famalicao
  • Lewis - Amiens
  • Williams - Swansea
  • Clarkson - Blackburn
  • Awoniyi, Allan, Arroyo - seemingly no structured plan moves to help them qualify for work permit

Ideally, we should have versatile/experienced backup so that the young players don't get held back and end up getting the odd games here and there. Which is why I prefer that the likes of Bajcetic and Bradley, esp. the latter, get regular playing time to aid in their development next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom