• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
VVD, Konate, Gomez, Quansah, Phillips & (at a push) Endo.

More than enough cover surely?

We could put ourselves in the driving seat for the title if we sign Todibo and Thuram or similar.

I don't disagree with you actually but that's just not normally how we do things in January. Maybe it will be different this season, we'll see

Reactions: dee
VVD, Konate, Gomez, Quansah, Phillips & (at a push) Endo.

More than enough cover surely?

:D

We're in a title race here Dee ya divvy, not a battle with Chelsea and Utd to finish top fucking half.

It MIGHT do, but it is also possible (as has been said) that Phillips could return to fill the gap until the end of the season.

Phillips cant even get into the Celtic team. He's played about 3 games this season. We need a new CB, so if Matip is out I think we go for one.

Phillips cant even get into the Celtic team. He's played about 3 games this season. We need a new CB, so if Matip is out I think we go for one.

According to Brodge he's preferred to use other CB options due to their ability to play out from the back.

I'd be very surprised if the club went into the market given the numbers we have at CB in the Jan window UNLESS it was the scenario @Richey said i.e. we have to secure a signing to prevent them going elsewhere

Gomez, Virgil, Konate, Quansah. Is that enough?
Plus Phillips and Endo (at a push) as stated above.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that either are "Prime starter/Top quality" but they are squad players and that's what a squad is for when you get injuries. They are on the payroll and I'd imagine Klopp will be expected to use them. Could be that some deal is done to sell on Phillips and someone else brought in but, as above, we only tend to do Jan signings in specific circumstances

Which would probably mean that Matip is on his way in the summer. I was beginning to think he'd probably be staying.

It seems to me that a world class RB would most beneficial. Gomez can play a role as 4th choice CB as necessary. Trent can move up into midfield and also cover at RB.

I am not expecting any major signings in January.

We only really tend to buy players in January for a few reasons.

First is, if we have a player we wanted to sign the previous summer but couldn't quite get the deal over the line. As far as I know that isn't the case.

Second is if we have a major injury crisis. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Thirdly is if we have a player we want to sign next summer but another club has made a move and we go early. This is entirely possible, but obviously difficult to predict.

All three of these seem very plausible, if not likely.

1. We have plenty of Defensive Midfield and Centre Back options that we didn't follow up on. Inacio, Theate, Thuram, Andre...

2. Injury Crisis? You don't say...

3. I think Bakayoko and Beraldo are clearly long term prospects that we are keeping an eye on and attracting plenty of interest, so if we want them enough we will move.

Thuram and Beraldo are the players trending. As Beraldo is 20, he qualifies for Prem League Games. Thuram would take the remaining OS player spot. That would be a very good window.

Thuram and Beraldo are the players trending. As Beraldo is 20, he qualifies for Prem League Games. Thuram would take the remaining OS player spot. That would be a very good window.
Just turned 20 as well so would it be right to say he also wouldn't need to be registered next season as he'd still be 20 at the time we submit our squad.

Signing players from over there should be a lot less of a hassle than signing them in the summer so I remain optimistic we can do something.

All three of these seem very plausible, if not likely.

1. We have plenty of Defensive Midfield and Centre Back options that we didn't follow up on. Inacio, Theate, Thuram, Andre...

2. Injury Crisis? You don't say...

3. I think Bakayoko and Beraldo are clearly long term prospects that we are keeping an eye on and attracting plenty of interest, so if we want them enough we will move.

Were any of those players on the verge of joining? Genuinely, I don't know. The kind of thing I was talking about was when we signed Van Dijk in January when it was blatantly obvious that we wanted him but couldn't complete it in the summer.

We don't have an injury crisis at the moment. Hopefully we won't have one. The example in the past of this is when we had been forced to play midfielders in defence for half a season.

Yes, agree on the third point. If someone wants one of our targets, and we were planning on getting those targets at the end of the season, we will get them early if we have to.

Reactions: dee
We don't have an injury crisis at the moment. Hopefully we won't have one. The example in the past of this is when we had been forced to play midfielders in defence for half a season.

I'm assuming Matip is out for close to the whole season. Konate always seems to be on the verge of collapse, and who knows if Quansah will develop growing pains.

If Virgil or Gomez get injured I will FREAK OUT.

I'm assuming Matip is out for close to the whole season. Konate always seems to be on the verge of collapse, and who knows if Quansah will develop growing pains.

Your assumption is correct.

If one player out of five (six if we bring Phillips back) being injured is considered an injury crisis then we probably need to replace two or three of them in the summer, because that's an absurd situation.

If that is the plan then sure, bringing one in early would make sense.

I really don't think klopp will ever consider Phillips a viable option again. We may as well treat him as if he's gone

May as well start freaking out now, Gomez is almost guaranteed to get injured.

I really don't think klopp will ever consider Phillips a viable option again. We may as well treat him as if he's gone

_IF_ that's the case then we need to get a fee and his wages of the books and a replacement in. No point in having a squad if you don't play them (stares hard at Adrian and then at Mr Klopp)

In the same way most of us think of Thiago I guess.

@bluebell - imagine if Thuram joined .. just imagine it. What a massive midfield we could have, along with our tall defenders - everyone would shit themselves.

Yeah, he looks like a good-un.

Nope.

All game, in my head every time “Robinson” was mentioned, all I could think of was “Colin Robinson”.

I want none of this energy sucking vampire near the team!!!

Will Klopp buy a new CB to replace Matip in January?

He simply has to if we want to push on for the title, very naive if he doesn't.

CB and a RB. After seeing Endo, he's the guy for this season at least.

If Todibo is available for 35-40m we should be all over that.

I don't know, remember how smug he was when the media asked him about midfielders last summer.
He always plays the smart game when it comes to anything transfer related...plays it down all the time, he'll know we need another CB and maybe a RB as well.

He always plays the smart game when it comes to anything transfer related...plays it down all the time, he'll know we need another CB and maybe a RB as well.
seems to me that he rates Bradley pretty highly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom