• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
Seems discussion is starting on this across various threads so Inthought it sensible to start a dedicated one.

My expectation is we won’t buy or loan anyone in. I think Nat Philips (home grown) returns from Celtic so we will have an extra body at the back to cover Matip and I really cannot believe Mo goes.

We might recall Carvalho (home grown) as he isn’t getting game time at Leipzig and we may still be in the EFL and EL cups.

I know we have one free overseas player space but I doubt we have a great hunger to bring anyone else in January

Last edited:
First thing we need to do is fuck Thiago off.......anywhere don't care where.

Second thing we need to do as you said is recall Carvalho and send him either to Portugal (Braga or Vitoria as I don't think he gets into any of the big 3 sides there) or somewhere like Sheffied Utd/Luton. He'd probably be able to showcase his quality more in Portugal.

Third thing we need to do is sign at least 1 player, preferably a RB....a solid energetic RB or a DM if we don't plan to start Endo.

Seems discussion is starting on this across various threads so Inthought it sensible to start a dedicated one.

My expectation is we won’t buy or loan anyone in. I think Nat Philips returns from Celtic so we will have an extra body at the back to cover Matip and I really cannot believe Mo goes.

We might recall Carvalho as he isn’t getting game time at Leipzig and we may still be in the EFL and EL cups
Two players I totally forgot about.
I think a few players will leave on loan as well.

I’m not even sure where we stand re. DoF. Did the Austrian bloke stay on?

He's an underrated player is Robinson but put it this way, we could sign prime Roberto Carlos it's not a signing that'll take us forward because we have much bigger problems in other areas of the field that needs addressing. Signing a 3rd LB is pointless.

He was really good but I hope we're over the "good game against us = buy" transfer strategy

Hes a good player but not one we need right now, especially at 26. Whos he ousting? Robbo? Tsimi? Give up on Chambers, Scanlon and Beck?

Naaaaah

We need a DM, a CB, and arguably a RW as understudy for mo. Doak is still much too raw to be relied upon, and klopp doesn't want to play harvey there

He was really good but I hope we're over the "good game against us = buy" transfer strategy

The upside is that all posters calling our left-back “Robinson” will be correct half of the time.

Last edited:
Robinson is an excellent left back and would be a good signing. Doubt its a possibility given Tsimikas new contract and that he’s soon 27.

One of the more underrated left backs in the league imho. Always impressive and should move to a top 6-8 club.

I'm not concerned about someone coming in to replace Tsimikas - he's our second choice and clearly good with that. If we're signing a LB, it might as well be to replace Robertson as first choice. But we've clearly got more pressing concerns.

CB looks like it's jumped up the list given Matip's injury so hopefully we have someone in mind.

I find it hard to believe that we're going to sign another midfielder.

I'd forgotten about Phillips. If we don't go and get a young top class CB then yes he needs to be brought back.

We won't be buying anyone else with Bradley, Gordon, Jota returning and likely Thiago and Robbo due back in a month.

I'd forgotten about Phillips. If we don't go and get a young top class CB then yes he needs to be brought back.

We won't be buying anyone else with Bradley, Gordon, Jota returning and likely Thiago and Robbo due back in a month.

200w.gif

It's not a case of bringing him back, he was only loaned until Jan. Of course we may re-loan or sell him but as it stands he's back with us next month.

He's barely played at Celtic so nothing new there! Brodgers got him as cover but only played him a few times and they can't really afford him now the main squad CBs are fit again so I doubt they'll extend him. At least not on his current terms.

Last edited:
I am not expecting any major signings in January.

We only really tend to buy players in January for a few reasons.

First is, if we have a player we wanted to sign the previous summer but couldn't quite get the deal over the line. As far as I know that isn't the case.

Second is if we have a major injury crisis. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Thirdly is if we have a player we want to sign next summer but another club has made a move and we go early. This is entirely possible, but obviously difficult to predict.

Thirdly is if we have a player we want to sign next summer but another club has made a move and we go early. This is entirely possible, but obviously difficult to predict.

Andre from Fluminese is the obvious one here, El Muerte's replacement brought in 'early' due to the South American league calendar.

Not expecting it as I said above. Just saying if anything happened this would be the one I'd be least surprised by. From what's out there he's more likely to be Paulinho's replacement at Fulham

I am not expecting any major signings in January.

We only really tend to buy players in January for a few reasons.

First is, if we have a player we wanted to sign the previous summer but couldn't quite get the deal over the line. As far as I know that isn't the case.

Second is if we have a major injury crisis. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Which one does Gakpo fall under?

We have now 6 first teamers injured in Ali Robbo Matip Baj Thiago & Jota....only Ali we know is close to returning.

& how do we as fans know which players we plan to go for in summer?

Which one does Gakpo fall under?

We have now 6 first teamers injured in Ali Robbo Matip Baj Thiago & Jota....only Ali we know is close to returning.

& how do we as fans know which players we plan to go for in summer?

Gakpo was going to be a replacement for Firmino in the summer I think, but we signed him in January because otherwise United were going to sign him. It was a similar situation to Diaz coming in early the year before to stop him signing for Spurs.

We don't know which players we plan to go for in the summer. That is why I said it is hard (if not impossible) to predict.

In terms of injuries, I kinda meant an injury crisis in one position. Like when we had to sign centre backs a few years back. Those injuries we have as things stand are across the board and at the moment we have cover.

If Matip is out long term that will probably see us try to move forward a CB move from next summer to January.

Gakpo was going to be a replacement for Firmino in the summer I think, but we signed him in January because otherwise United were going to sign him. It was a similar situation to Diaz coming in early the year before to stop him signing for Spurs.

We don't know which players we plan to go for in the summer. That is why I said it is hard (if not impossible) to predict.

In terms of injuries, I kinda meant an injury crisis in one position. Like when we had to sign centre backs a few years back. Those injuries we have as things stand are across the board and at the moment we have cover.

Oh right, didn't know about Utd being in for him. Diaz yes I remember jumping ahead of Spurs as I quite enjoyed their response to missing out on him by saying Kuluevski was better anyway.

All it'll take at present is 1 more injury anywhere except in midfield and we're in a crisis....I'd be very surprised if we don't see at least 2 more players out between now and NY.

We could put ourselves in the driving seat for the title if we sign Todibo and Thuram or similar.

If Matip is out long term that will probably see us try to move forward a CB move from next summer to January.

It MIGHT do, but it is also possible (as has been said) that Phillips could return to fill the gap until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom