• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=thelurker link=topic=39257.msg1068067#msg1068067 date=1268349666]
Im sure a random player who hasnt scored a goal all season will get a screamer against us...
[/quote]

nailed on i'd say. Steve Finnan to grab the winner!

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=39257.msg1068113#msg1068113 date=1268351273]
Heh, "a heavy wager"
[/quote]

That's like a fifth of my monthly income mate!

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=39257.msg1068110#msg1068110 date=1268351118]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=39257.msg1068108#msg1068108 date=1268350963]
Yep. I'm in.
[/quote]I'll have a bit of that. Rafa will be in charge next season 100%
[/quote]

We shall see sir.

he's got around 10 games to survive this season first. i presume lille will knock us out. then during april's end when its mathematically impossible to finish fourth he will resign then, like a coward

I'd far prefer us to have to face someone like Everton, Villa or fucking Man United this weekend than Portsmouth. It's a no-win game really.

Beat them and the Forum will be up in arms about how "it's only fucking Portsmouth blah blah blah". Lose, and the man's utterly utterly fucked.

We need to keep winning every game from now until such time as man city lose two consecutive games. So portsmouth is the perfect game

We just need points.

Which is why I'm glad we're facing the shittest team in the league.

I don't think we'll lose. It'll be a scappy 1-0 or a draw.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=39257.msg1068085#msg1068085 date=1268350322]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=39257.msg1068083#msg1068083 date=1268350121]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=39257.msg1068078#msg1068078 date=1268349994]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=39257.msg1068073#msg1068073 date=1268349827]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=39257.msg1068071#msg1068071 date=1268349751]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=39257.msg1068053#msg1068053 date=1268349222]
Its an interesting point, if we lose is it possible he might walk?
[/quote]If he had any self respect he would have gone already. I doubt he'd ever walk. He's on a 20m payout if he's sacked.
[/quote]

I don't think it's the cash. I think he thinks he's doing ok and can turn it round.
[/quote]Pa...hahahahahahah......hahahahaha......you're....you're serious!?
He's shite. We've been mugged off and were gonna have to pay 20m to get shot. Brilliant.
[/quote]

I think you're thinking I wrote something different to what you thought you'd read.
[/quote]No I read it right. You believe RAFA thinks he can turn it round. I'm laughing at the laughable concept that he ISNT a busted flush.
[/quote]

[quote author=StGeorge67 link=topic=39257.msg1068085#msg1068085 date=1268350322]
I think you're right Liam.
[/quote]

In four years on this site I've never witnessed so much thinking.

Aquilani has got to start.

Babel too.

And Maxi.

................................REINA...............................

JOHNSON..........CARRA......AGGER...........INSUA

.....................MASHER.........GERRARD...............

MAXI..........................AQUILANI..............BABEL

................................TORRES............................

Gerrard and Aqui can swap around a bit. That's probably our most balanced team at the moment. Pace and hardwork combined with good passing skills and players who can beat their marker.

[quote author=the_khl link=topic=39257.msg1068316#msg1068316 date=1268389773]

Babel too.

And Maxi.

Gerrard and Aqui can swap around a bit. That's probably our most balanced team at the moment. Pace and hardwork combined with good passing skills and players who can beat their marker.
[/quote]

Living in a dreamworld mate, won't happen.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=39257.msg1068091#msg1068091 date=1268350507]
I honestly do think he thinks he can turn it round. Depressing stuff.
[/quote]

He has allready proved he can turn it around. Last season this time we rolled over Real Madrid for a starter and did Man U the same way for the dessert... Now we are shit playing in the footie bakyards of Europe getting laughed of by some French audience... Dont tell me he dont know how to turn things around!!!!

Babel too.

And Maxi.

[/quote]

Honestly like. Do people actually put any thought whatsoever into the team they write down here? Why not just go the whole hog and drop Carra and replace him with Pacheco.

How the fuck would the above team work? How? Seriously fucking how.

We're playing Portsmouth at home Ryan. I actually quite like that team, although I would put Gerrard in the advanced position and have Aquilani occupying the space behind him.

I would be slightly concerned about fielding Insua without any protection, but I would seriously hope that Portsmouth would be preoccupied with defending for the vast majority of the game.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39257.msg1068374#msg1068374 date=1268396372]

Babel too.

And Maxi.

[/quote]

Honestly like. Do people actually put any thought whatsoever into the team they write down here? Why not just go the whole hog and drop Carra and replace him with Pacheco.

How the fuck would the above team work? How? Seriously fucking how.
[/quote]
Ehm I don't see the problem like?

One goalie, four defenders, three midfielders, two wide players and a striker?

JOHNSON..........CARRAGHER....KYRGIAKOS...........AGGER

..................................MASCHERANO.......................

MAXI...............GERRARD................AQUILANI........BABEL

......................................TORRES............................

I want to try Agger at left back. Valencia is going to rape Insua all over the place at Old Traford.

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=39257.msg1068380#msg1068380 date=1268396665]
We're playing Portsmouth at home Ryan. I actually quite like that team, although I would put Gerrard in the advanced position and have Aquilani occupying the space behind him.

I would be slightly concerned about fielding Insua without any protection, but I would seriously hope that Portsmouth would be preoccupied with defending for the vast majority of the game.
[/quote]

I could pick that side apart for about 2 days without stopping Del.

It still blows my fucking mind that people think by placing a whole host of attacking players in the team that we automatically up our chances of winning the game.

Man United got to a Champions League final last year by playing wihtout a fucking striker for fucks sake. What do people look at when they're watching teams play? It astounds me.

Watch how teams play. Don't even bother with us. Watch United and Arsenal. Watch the formations and sides they put out. They are nothing like the above.

..................Almunia
Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelan, Clichy
...................Song
.......Fabregas........Diaby
Walcott........Bendtner.......Arshavin

Yep far too attacking. No team lines up with that many attacking players.
2 attacking fullbacks. 2 centre mids with licence to attack. 3 forwards.

[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=39257.msg1068389#msg1068389 date=1268397335]
..................Almunia
Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelan, Clichy
...................Song
.......Fabregas........Diaby
Walcott........Bendtner.......Arshavin

Yep far too attacking. No team lines up with that many attacking players.
2 attacking fullbacks. 2 centre mids with licence to attack. 3 forwards.
[/quote]

4-5-1. Wenger's teams have been playing it for the best part of 5 years. Would you like to have an in-depth discussion about Arsene Wenger's tactics?

Here's on for you: Theo Walcott sat on the bench in the Champions League against us last year whilst Emmanuel Eboue played ahead of him.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39257.msg1068387#msg1068387 date=1268397157]
[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=39257.msg1068380#msg1068380 date=1268396665]

[/quote]

It still blows my fucking mind that people think by placing a whole host of attacking players in the team that we automatically up our chances of winning the game.

Man United got to a Champions League final last year by playing wihtout a fucking striker for fucks sake. What do people look at when they're watching teams play? It astounds me.

Watch how teams play. Don't even bother with us. Watch United and Arsenal. Watch the formations and sides they put out. They are nothing like the above.
[/quote]

On recent form I see no reason whatsoever to include Kuyt, Lucas, Riera nor Benayoun in our starting line-up at home in a must win game.

Look at Barca and you'll see it's not all about hard-work and four holding midfielders. They've got ONE holding midfielder and even their fullbacks are more attacking-minded than Kuyt were against Lille.

Babel and Torres looked potentially deadly against Lyon. Maxi is much the same as Kuyt just with a much better touch - better at containing possession.

Aquilani is NOT a striker/forward he's a midfielder I'd like to see him beeing played in an advanced role. Gerrard can tackle if he's up to it and Masher will be ever present as always.

I really don't see the problem.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39257.msg1068392#msg1068392 date=1268397526]
4-5-1. Wenger's teams have been playing it for the best part of 5 years. Would you like to have an in-depth discussion about Arsene Wenger's tactics?

Here's on for you: Theo Walcott sat on the bench in the Champions League against us last year whilst Emmanuel Eboue played ahead of him.
[/quote]

Not really like.

Yes he did. Would Eboue start ahead of Walcott in a home game against one of the worst sides in the league?

[quote author=the_khl link=topic=39257.msg1068393#msg1068393 date=1268397583]

[/quote]

[/quote]

On recent form I see no reason whatsoever to include Kuyt, Lucas, Riera nor Benayoun in our starting line-up at home in a must win game.

Look at Barca and you'll see it's not all about hard-work and four holding midfielders. They've got ONE holding midfielder and even their fullbacks are more attacking-minded than Kuyt were against Lille.

Babel and Torres looked potentially deadly against Lyon. Maxi is much the same as Kuyt just with a much better touch - better at containing possession.

Aquilani is NOT a striker/forward he's a midfielder I'd like to see him beeing played in an advanced role. Gerrard can tackle if he's up to it and Masher will be ever present as always.

[/quote]

I'm tired KHL, and if I started responding to that I'd be here all night, which I've no interest in being.

I didn't mean to come across like a cunt before. That sort of team won't happen, for very good reasons is all I'm trying to say.

Arsenal started against Porto with Bendtner, Arshavin, Rosciky and Nasri.

You reckon Diaby and Song is that much better a partnership than Masher and Gerrard? More solid?

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39257.msg1068395#msg1068395 date=1268397691]
[quote author=the_khl link=topic=39257.msg1068393#msg1068393 date=1268397583]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm tired KHL, and if I started responding to that I'd be here all night, which I've no interest in being.

I didn't mean to come across like a cunt before. That sort of team won't happen, for very good reasons is all I'm trying to say.
[/quote]
No worries mate.

Sweet dreams. About tactics and all.

[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=39257.msg1068394#msg1068394 date=1268397654]

[/quote]

Not really like.

Yes he did. Would Eboue start ahead of Walcott in a home game against one of the worst sides in the league?
[/quote]

Yes, he has quite a few times. Walcott's started 6 games all fucking season.

It's a moot point anyway, Arsenal play with 1 striker, sometimes barely even that if you count Arshavin being that '1'.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39257.msg1068402#msg1068402 date=1268398003]
[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=39257.msg1068394#msg1068394 date=1268397654]

[/quote]

Not really like.

[/quote]

Yes, he has quite a few times. Walcott's started 6 games all fucking season.

It's a moot point anyway, Arsenal play with 1 striker, sometimes barely even that if you count Arshavin being that '1'.

[/quote]
There's only one striker in my suggestion too mate. I would've thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom