• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v PSG (18.09.18 KO 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this game is a nice time to play them... granted they got to rest up in their shit league and we didn't but that said...

Yes it could go badly but...

Imagine if our front 3 get tired of hearing such lovely things being said about our defenders and decide to tear some frogs up.
I like your thinking...instead of getting tired of each other...they should should focus on doing what they do best which is score and play for one another. Grab the headlines !!!

So Hendo is rested for this one. I wouldn't be surprised to see Clyne come in too. Our first proper rotation will come against Southampton

--------------Alisson--------------
Clyne--Gomez--VVD--Robbo
--------------Hendo---------------
------Milner-------Keita---------
Salah-----Firmino-----Mane

Last edited:
So Hendo is rested for this one. I wouldn't be surprised to see Clyne come in too. Our first proper rotation will come against Southampton

Clyne--Gomez--VVD--Robbo
I hope it doesn't tbh, we can't afford to be complacent in the league, one or two changes tops. Only change id make for tomorrow is Fabinho in, and Shaqiri or Sturridge dependant on Bobby's eye. I'd also avoid resting anyone against Southampton, win early then rest, it's only a few weeks into the season, they can still cope with it at this juncture for me.

Id play
Becker
Moreno
Matip
Virgil
Clyne

Henderson
Gini
Fabinho

Shaq
Sturridge
Salah

Id rest everyone I can for this game. We have Chelsea and City round the corner and away at PSG is just not that important a game.

I love how the richest team in the world is resting Neymar and Mbappe to face us....

...and we don't give a shit about them at all.

Id play
Becker
Moreno
Matip
Virgil
Clyne

Henderson
Gini
Fabinho

Shaq
Sturridge
Salah

Id rest everyone I can for this game. We have Chelsea and City round the corner and away at PSG is just not that important a game.

This is at home, we should be winning this one.

TAA is about to get suspended in the league and is only a kid. The rest of the defence looks the opposite of tired. Fabinho for Keita? Stick with Wijnaldum and Milner. Front three unchanged unless Frim is injured, in which case Shaq. Studge looked lazy in his few mins on Saturday.

Clyne--Gomez--VVD--Robbo
There's no way we should be rotating for Southampton, strongest available team please. If we are going to stay with City dropping silly points anywhere could cost us the title.

Alisson
TAA
Gomez
VVD
Robertson
Henderson
Wjnaldum
Keita
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Shaq for Bobby if necessary. Give Milner a rest but other than that we should be as strong as we can be. Fabinho can some in on Saturday.

Alisson
TAA
Gomez
VVD
Robertson
Henderson
Wjnaldum
Keita
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Shaq for Bobby if necessary. Give Milner a rest but other than that we should be as strong as we can be. Fabinho can some in on Saturday.
Dropping milner(who has been arguably our best player this season) and bobby for shaqiri is beyond crazy.

Dropping milner(who has been arguably our best player this season) and bobby for shaqiri is beyond crazy.
No it isn't. Milner has been brilliant but surely can't play Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday. Resting him tomorrow night still allows us to play a strong team (stronger than several others that have been put forward in this thread) and keeps him fresh for Southampton on Saturday...which should be our priority. And I'm only suggesting replacing Bobby if he has any difficulty with his eye injury.

No it isn't. Milner has been brilliant but surely can't play Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday. Resting him tomorrow night still allows us to play a strong team (stronger than several others that have been put forward in this thread) and keeps him fresh for Southampton on Saturday...which should be our priority. And I'm only suggesting replacing Bobby if he has any difficulty with his eye injury.

Wouldn't be a huge surprise to see a couple of changes. Firmino's eye being an obvious concern, and yeah, Milner's probably been our best player so far this season, but he's not Superman. All players need some rest and recovery time, even James Milner. It helps them play at a higher level for longer into the season.

There were a few players who looked dead on their feet towards the end of last season, and that's what we needed a bigger squad for, not just resting in the future, but resting now, so they don't look like they are ready for the knacker's yard in March.

I love how the richest team in the world is resting Neymar and Mbappe to face us....

...and we don't give a shit about them at all.

?? Are they being rested?? Didn't know the team sheet was out yet... nor do I give a fuck whether they are playing or not cos we will fucking do em

?? Are they being rested?? Didn't know the team sheet was out yet... nor do I give a fuck whether they are playing or not cos we will fucking do em

No, they (along with Buffon) were rested in PSG’s previous league game against Saint-Etienne, which they still won 4:0. To be fair, Mbappe was actually suspended for that game. Neymar wasn’t even on the bench.

Is not the French league a place of rest ?
I expect to see complete destruction of our opposition tonight. Really ... it will be funny what the pundits will say after we we win big tonite.

Worried about this game. We have been solid at Anfield, and the coaching team seem to have found a nice good balance in our team. We are aggressive but doesn't sell us at the back. Not sure how big factor the Klopp vs Tuchel is. They know each other well, but assume both are eager to beat the other one.

It is also showing good faith in Gini who has also been excellent so far this season.

Millie ran 12.8km at the weekend - he'll enjoy a well earned rest on the bench.

A big positive for us in this will likely be that I can't imagine any teams have really tried attacking PSG so far this season and I wonder if their defence is ready for the onslaught it is going to take.

I mean, they have Thiago Silva in defence still. He was boss in 2011 yeah but hardly now...

Like Trent, Meunier is good at attacking but more used to being a wing back.

We can do em easy

Neymar and Mbappe won't exactly be helping out in defence either. Salah in particular has been getting crowded out by three players lately, tonight may prove to be a pleasant surprise and allow him to rediscover some form.

Neymar and Mbappe won't exactly be helping out in defence either. Salah in particular has been getting crowded out by three players lately, tonight may prove to be a pleasant surprise and allow him to rediscover some form.

Haven't watched them much ever. But might be that Tuchel is more demanding towards everyone putting in a decent shift and no freeriders allowed. He knows what to expect from us. Hopefully they don't realize the importance of winning those margins all over the pitch until it's to late.

I reckon they'll put a couple past us so the question is whether our attack is going to find their feet and outscore them.

(watch it be a 0-0 bore draw now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom