• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Roma pre season tour game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelvey is a Don. Vision, technique, talent. The lads going to be a mega star

That was terrific from Sterling to st up the Shelvey opportunity. Joe Cole has played pretty well this half it has to be said.

Great half by Shelvey and Cole.
Raheem did well.
McLaughlin did OK.
Aqua is possesion football.
Skrtel a rock as always.
Gualsci, one great save. Did OK.

Man of the half has to be Shelvey. Cole a close 2nd, should have score when he hit the bar.

The rest were poor.

Well done aqua...... Its only 44 min into the game. Its not like he's been playing in the middle of the park or anything.

Again don't hate the player, hate the game.(whatever that means in this circumstance).
Do you have sand in your vagina El P?
This Italian must be causing you some discomfort.

Joe Cole was huffing and puffing from an early stage, but I could actually see signs of the player we wanted to see. After a slow opening Shelvey got better and better. Interesting half.

Great half by Shelvey and Cole.
Raheem did well.
McLaughlin did OK.
Aqua is possesion football.
Skrtel a rock as always.
Gualsci, one great save. Did OK.

Man of the half has to be Shelvey. Cole a close 2nd, should have score when he hit the bar.

The rest were poor.
How biased! Aqua hasn't performed to this supposed world class status.

Joe Cole was huffing and puffing from an early stage, but I could actually see signs of the player we wanted to see. After a slow opening Shelvey got better and better. Interesting half.

Yeah I noticed that too. I laughed off the dog thing Lewy or someone said but fuck me he doesn't seem fit at all.

Aqua hasn't been great. We've been overrun in midfield at times, and some of his passes have been to marked men. He gave Spearing a ball with a man on him and it very nearly cost us a goal. Some decent play by him at times, but definitely not a great performance by any stretch.

How biased! Aqua hasn't performed to this supposed world class status.
Aqua wasn't as good as Shelvey and Cole were but I'm looking at his overall play. How he distributes the ball, positions himself and his movement, it's all top class.
The one thing he's lacking is the ability to close players down and that kinda disappoints me. But disregarding that, he seem to be the type of midfielder we were lacking last season. He would have been useful.

I like that he's patient, comfortable with the ball, plays one touch football and pretty much knows where his team-mates are before he receives the ball. That's football to me.

Aqua wasn't as good as Shelvey and Cole were but I'm looking at his overall play. How he distributes the ball, positions himself and his movement, it's all top class.
The one thing he's lacking is the ability to close players down and that kinda disappoints me. But disregarding that, he seem to be the type of midfielder we were lacking last season. He would have been useful.

I like that he's patient, comfortable with the ball, plays one touch football and pretty much knows where his team-mates are before he receives the ball. That's football to me.
The thing is, he never does any of what you describe consistently. He bottles more than he contributes for me and his talents lies where Gerrard plays and Gerrard is far better at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom