• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Roma pre season tour game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure what would be the point of gettng the first team players fit and ready for West Brom?
Why not get the ressies and players we are selling fit so that they all hit the ground running.

What's worrying me is that Borini cut his holiday short and Mr Rodgers won't even give him a chance.

He's only been there two days, he'll play on Saturday.

What i'd like to see first half on Saturday is

-----------------Gucalsi----------------
Johnson---Skrtel--Agger--Enrique
-------------------Lucas----------------
---------Henderson-Shelvey--------
-----Borini------Carroll---Sterling---

Get Suso, Pacheco, Gerrard, Morgan involved too.

I really dont like or rate Enrique.

Id play Kelly and Johnson at full back.

I really dont like or rate Enrique.

Id play Kelly and Johnson at full back.

I'm starting to feel this way, and I don't think it's being particularly trigger happy, he's allowed a worrying laziness and lack of concentration to creep into his game, and his play in the final third is terrible. We can do better, it's definitely a position I'd be concerned about in the longterm.

Based on the superb form he showed for us for large parts of last season, i've still got a decent amount of faith in Enrique.

I agree he was very average going forward last season, but i don't think that was helped by the utter shite he had playing in front of him. Hopefully Mr Rodgers will sort that position out before we kick off our new campaign.

I was mightily impressed with Insua in the Europa League semi-final games, v Bilbao.

He's really matured.

I was mightily impressed with Insua in the Europa League semi-final games, v Bilbao.

He's really matured.
Like me and Doc Mac told AYBODY he would.

Fucking Brendan the goppy cunt turned everyone off the little motherfucker.

We should have kept Insua.

For the sake of a million quid or whatever we got, definitely. Capable backup player, which I think is one thing Enrique perhaps needs as much as anything. He's got zero competition for his place, it's no wonder his performances have tailed off.

Sure what would be the point of gettng the first team players fit and ready for West Brom?
Why not get the ressies and players we are selling fit so that they all hit the ground running.

Some of these guys who are still on holiday hardly played in the fucking Euros anyway. I thought Kelly, Henderson and Carroll should have had some time last night.

I note that EBJT was playing, and scoring, for the chavs last night.

I have to say that bad pre-seasons (in terms of results) in recent years have correlated with bad seasons. Whether that is coincidental or not I don't know but I remember watching them all in Rafa's last season and we looked worryingly clueless. Things were no better when the season began. Sometimes there are conclusions to be drawn from pre-season. Last night probably wasn't one of those occasions though as the game was clearly a training match what with the youngsters and swapping teams at half-time etc... I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch it.

What does worry me however is that we haven't had many friendlies and the season will start without the first team really having had a chance to build up any fluency.

Okay I was at the game last night.
Paid a couple hundred dollars for me and the wife to go to the game to essentially watch our ressies get spanked.
The scoreline was deceptive.

What was absolutely clear to me is that Shelvey is a major talent. But Sterling, Suso, Flanagan, Morgan, and Pacheco are in no way ready for first team football. They are a long way off it.

Haven't read the thread so no idea if it's already been commented on, but...

I was staggered how unfit and out of shape Jose Enrique is. He was blowing out of his hole after about 5 minutes, and I thought it was telling that Rodgers kept him on the ground after half time. You need the minutes.

He looked flabby, slow, his touch was shit and he gave Sterling fuck all support in that first half. In stark contrast to the room Joe Cole had on the other side of the pitch due to young McLaughlin bombing up and down in support.

Everyone knows I don't rate him, but I couldn't accuse him of not being fit or sharp at any stage of last season. For a seasoned pro to turn up like that is abominable.

Haven't read the thread so no idea if it's already been commented on, but...

I was staggered how unfit and out of shape Jose Enrique is. He was blowing out of his hole after about 5 minutes, and I thought it was telling that Rodgers kept him on the ground after half time. You need the minutes.

He looked flabby, slow, his touch was shit and he gave Sterling fuck all support in that first half. In stark contrast to the room Joe Cole had on the other side of the pitch due to young McLaughlin bombing up and down in support.

Everyone knows I don't rate him, but I couldn't accuse him of not being fit or sharp at any stage of last season. For a seasoned pro to turn up like that is abominable.
ive never seen such a massive change in a player in such a short space of time, i mean its not like he was amazing for us when he signed but he looked good enough to not worry about the left back position for a while, but fuck me he's been atrocious for some time. in regards to his fitness, i saw some q&a thing with bellamy (i think) and when he answered the question about who was the most vein in the team he said jose, which is fair enough, but he also went on to say that he ignores what the fitness coaches tell him to work on in the gym and instead works on various things that will make him look better, that pissed me right off, think we should give robinson some more game time, if not just to know jose he needs to be working harder.

You think he's better than Lucas?!

omar-indeed.jpg

Have you seen the shape Adam turned up in, what the fuck were our non euro 2012 players doing over the summer? thank god Carroll didnt have any time to ruin himself this year like he did last season, although I still reckon it will take him the best part of a month to get fit again.

I never heard or seen anyone use the word "abominable" without snowman.
Until now.

I think we need to start the 'We are negative fucks' fan club ... Moron - do you want to lead?

I want someone to show me there is a future for LFC where we will challenge for the title. Yes I was over-reacting but part of been a fan is a complete loss of emotional control. Modo was right - I should get a grip, but right now I can't see us doing well next season, and if truth be told I keep looking at the Swansea results from last season and I am not that overwhelmed by it all even though people in high places have huge praise for what BR did for their playing style. That heavy passing game that he wants to implement at LFC - is probably a great thing when your in Europe - but week in and week out in the PL - I am not convinced its going to work. Also one of the things he said he was going to address is the attack and good penetration in the final third - just cannot see how it can be done.

I want to post a new thread to release all my emotions but I fear it will be a waste of typing. Some of you like me were part of that early group who were on Koptalk all those years ago and do you remember those days ? - a loss was a terrible thing for our team, it was something we were gradually being acustomed to - along with not winning the fucking title year after year. Now - I see everyone posting things like 'yeah lets hope for a top 4 finish...' - no one dare says that they expect LFC to win the title when the season starts. Where is the rage in all of you ? where is the expectation from everyone here ?

I don't get any of you lot anymore - I know we came 8th but the games I see us play the top teams we seem to hold our own and give those fuckers a game and a half, its the so called lesser teams we seem to screw up against. This tells me one thing which is that the players we have are good enough but are just not managed properly to perform on a weekly basis. Man United did not have an outstanding team last season and they did not play pretty stuff but still that old man gets his team to perform like winners in every game. I actually believe that there is a correlation between a team doing well and the fans expectations - and it would seem that our expectations has gone down the drain in the last two seasons. In all the major leages accross Europe - where teams have been major powers with 10's of league titles - there is an expectation from their supporters to go and win the title - there is no 20+ year gap for the major teams.

The whole setup is a fucking joke now - we can't even attract players anymore, we can't afford it anymore.

Ha ha that's the most retarded arguement ever. So much so I'm surprised the name beside the post doesn't read Dreambeliever.

By your reckoning so Wigan have a good enough squad to win the league if they had a better coach and more demanding fans.

They didn't just match all the top teams last year, they deep them!

This thread is making my eyes bleed, its a total embarrassment to LFC fans everywhere.

I want someone to show me there is a future for LFC where we will challenge for the title. Yes I was over-reacting but part of been a fan is a complete loss of emotional control. Modo was right - I should get a grip, but right now I can't see us doing well next season, and if truth be told I keep looking at the Swansea results from last season and I am not that overwhelmed by it all even though people in high places have huge praise for what BR did for their playing style. That heavy passing game that he wants to implement at LFC - is probably a great thing when your in Europe - but week in and week out in the PL - I am not convinced its going to work. Also one of the things he said he was going to address is the attack and good penetration in the final third - just cannot see how it can be done.

I had the same state of mind last summer. For almost the same reasons. But it's still early days.
You haven't really seen what Rodgers brings to the table until we have our best team on the pitch and play competitive games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom