• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Leicester City (PL) 19.15 Sunday 22 Nov.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every man and his dog outside Liverpool reckons we ain’t winning this match, I reckon we will, I want to see vardy cry at the final whistle.

If Hendo starts, I think we win.
If he doesn't, I think we may too - don't know why, but I just have faith in this team doing the necessary.

Nah, he's out.

One or two being out and I think we have enough, but Leicester are a good team and are perfectly set up with Vardy to capitalise on our patched up team.

Trent, Gomez, Virgil, Hendo, Thiago, Salah all out at the same time is too much.

Milly will probably pick up a yellow for a professional foul at some point, so we'll need someone on the bench who can play RB.
Probably the first time Vardy runs at him. Hope Williams is on the bench at least he's not slow.

If Salah is tested today and its negative, any chance he can play tomorrow or is that ruled out all together?
Because of the PL's rules he is now ruled out of the Leicester game and likely he'll miss Atalanta too because of UEFA/FIFA's rules.

Milly will probably pick up a yellow for a professional foul at some point, so we'll need someone on the bench who can play RB.
He loves a big challenge that sends the opposition into the advertising screen!

Been told this is the team, with Milner playing right back:

Allison
Milner
Matip
Fabinho
Robbo
Gini
Jones
Keita
Jota
Firmino
Mane

this would be great from a possession & control POV but i still think i would have preferred to see Fabs in the DM slot marshalling Maddison / Tielemens / Praet

That isn't a bad side. I'd say it all depends on that eleven staying on the pitch for as long as possible, Keita and Jones having very good days, and us not chasing the game under any circumstances.

Salah has been making a lot happen for Jota. Agree that shaq should be getting a game today
Yeah, we miss more than just Salah's goal scoring, his all round play is immense, & massively underrated imo.

Having him & Hendo missing whilst we have no VVD is a fucking massive loss x 3 I think.

The midfield isn't bad, but could struggle to impost itself.

The front three could be good but without service may be restricted.

The back four is more or less makeshift.

It's still a very strong side considering how many players we have missing, but this game could easily go horribly wrong.

It might make more sense to play Shaqiri because the midfielders we have available (bar Keita) don't offer much going forward, but I doubt Klopp will play him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a red herring though, in either Nat Phillips or maybe someone like Origi.

There's a decent argument for having Fabinho in midfield, because that's where Leicester are strongest, on the flip side he has less ground to cover in defense while coming back from a heavy injury. Jones hasn't really done enough for me, is it just me?

Mané will be boss this game. Don’t worry, he’s got this.
I think we're gonna go all out today, mental we can score one more than you stuff, & we'll be fine.

However there's still a good chance it could go tits up in a big way with their pace & the issues I outlined.

My concern is that work rate from Salah. The last few games he's won the ball god knows how many times. Whenever we've scored he's done something instrumental a few seconds before, even if it wasn't the final pass. I'm not saying we can't beat these without him but it really is a massive loss with the form he's been in. The soft twat.

Salah playing means that the opposition usually have to put 2 players on him, freeing up space for someone else. Him missing out is huge. Putting money on Leicester today is like buying money. No doubt dreamy has already done it

Terrified of this game after our last Sunday 7.45 evening kickoff without at least 75% of our back four and midfield. Going to be massively uphill task and even more so without our crowd which impacts more than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom