• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Manchester United - Sat 15th October 12.45 - Prematch Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47092.msg1412482#msg1412482 date=1318690396]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47092.msg1412453#msg1412453 date=1318687944]
I agree with you overall in that he hasn't done enough for us, but the glimpses of quality are there.
[/quote]

Glimpses ? is that enough for a 27 yr old International and member of our first team ? Maybe i am being too harsh or impatient with these players but i want to be right up there and long term i don't know if these lads (recent signings) are good enough to get us there.
[/quote]

It's not good enough for a 20m pound player, but we all know Downing never was one. He's an average winger, and he does what an average winger does.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47092.msg1412484#msg1412484 date=1318690693]
[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47092.msg1412482#msg1412482 date=1318690396]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47092.msg1412453#msg1412453 date=1318687944]
I agree with you overall in that he hasn't done enough for us, but the glimpses of quality are there.
[/quote]

Glimpses ? is that enough for a 27 yr old International and member of our first team ? Maybe i am being too harsh or impatient with these players but i want to be right up there and long term i don't know if these lads (recent signings) are good enough to get us there.
[/quote]

It's not good enough for a 20m pound player, but we all know Downing never was one. He's an average winger, and he does what an average winger does.
[/quote]

Agree, but Downing has plenty to offer and that's what frustrates me more than anything.

Can he take players on? Yes
Can he cross a ball? Yes
Has he a good shot on him? Yes

The problem is he doesn't do any of above anywhere near enough and seems to pass the buck onto Enrique far too often.

In summary, if he grew a set, we'd have a much clearer idea of what he has to offer us.

I actually think Downing and Enrique are a vast improvement for our left side. We have a really decent squad now, overall.

Reina certainly isn't someone we should worry about in my opinion, hes good enough, it's the defence that's lacking a bit.

All I want for this season is to step back up a level to be a champions league club again. I think we are easily good enough to get into the top 4.

Couple of really good signings and we will be good enough to challenge next year. Big strides in the right direction. Feel like the Carroll signing is the only big mistake we've made since the other yanks left, and who knows he might still come good yet.

Im loving having kenny in chanrge and really good owners. It's getting better all the time!

Disappointing result against a very poor man u starting 11. To come to anfield and leave Rooney,nani,Valencia, chicarito,Anderson on the bench, play welbek upfront by himself with bloody Fletcher and giggs in the centre mid and not lose is incredible. Its actually disgraceful to play our strongest 11(arguably) against that team and not win. We are still very short on quality attacking options and it is costing us. Other than suarez we don't have a player who can create something for himself or something out of nothing when the opposition team is parking the bus. Gerrard is gonna need more time to get back to his best but he is another who will help us break teams down, downing had a decent end to the game and has improved our team but watching Kuyt out there today was painful. Constantly losing the ball, slowing down our attacks, absolutely offering nothing in attack. He should not be a starting player for Liverpool football club, I cannot understand how a player who can't control a ball, can't take on a player, cant shot , has no pace can be considered for the right wing position. Against teams who are sitting back and defending he should not be playing and the sooner he is not our starting right mid the better. We missed a massive opportunity to beat man u and close the gap to 3 points, I don't think we will get an easier opportunity to beat them for a long time.

[quote author=anfield8 link=topic=47092.msg1412520#msg1412520 date=1318697553]
Disappointing result against a very poor man u starting 11. To come to anfield and leave Rooney,nani,Valencia, chicarito,Anderson on the bench, play welbek upfront by himself with bloody Fletcher and giggs in the centre mid and not lose is incredible. Its actually disgraceful to play our strongest 11(arguably) against that team and not win. We are still very short on quality attacking options and it is costing us. Other than suarez we don't have a player who can create something for himself or something out of nothing when the opposition team is parking the bus. Gerrard is gonna need more time to get back to his best but he is another who will help us break teams down, downing had a decent end to the game and has improved our team but watching Kuyt out there today was painful. Constantly losing the ball, slowing down our attacks, absolutely offering nothing in attack. He should not be a starting player for Liverpool football club, I cannot understand how a player who can't control a ball, can't take on a player, cant shot , has no pace can be considered for the right wing position. Against teams who are sitting back and defending he should not be playing and the sooner he is not our starting right mid the better. We missed a massive opportunity to beat man u and close the gap to 3 points, I don't think we will get an easier opportunity to beat them for a long time.
[/quote]

An easier opportunity? Last week they were the mutts nuts....

I share your frustration in not winning L8 i really do but....

Kuyt was on the pitch because it is important that you good have experienced players who give 110%, and he did so. If it were not for a blinding save from De gea from the said dutch sack of shit we would have won.

If you always, but always, look at the negative then you will never enjoy such an imperfect sport as football.

Why is it a dissapointing result? Because we are not Barcelona and failed to hump them?

wake up ffs. Its early doors and we just looked like a team easily the match of the best team in the league IMO. Stop whining start supporting and lets see what happens.

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47092.msg1412528#msg1412528 date=1318698216]
[quote author=anfield8 link=topic=47092.msg1412520#msg1412520 date=1318697553]
[/quote]

An easier opportunity? Last week they were the mutts nuts....

I share your frustration in not winning L8 i really do but....

Kuyt was on the pitch because it is important that you good have experienced players who give 110%, and he did so. If it were not for a blinding save from De gea from the said dutch sack of shit we would have won.

If you always, but always, look at the negative then you will never enjoy such an imperfect sport as football.

Why is it a dissapointing result? Because we are not Barcelona and failed to hump them?

wake up ffs. Its early doors and we just looked like a team easily the match of the best team in the league IMO. Stop whining start supporting and lets see what happens.
[/quote]

The save from de gea on kuyt was straight at him, and which professional isn't gonna go out there and give 100%, it's rubbish to say we needed someone out there that gives a 100% so we play kuyt, like he is there only one that does that.

The result was disappointing cause we are playing at home against a rival who is resting/or without 5/6 of their best players. And we didn't match the best team in the league but we did match their 3rd string carling cup side.

5 or 6 of there best players???

Ahhh .... Fuck it .... I remember you now..... What's the point.

Yeah.... We were shit .... As you were. ..

We will be fucked till the end of time ... If only it weren't for that useless clog wearing cunt!

[quote author=anfield8 link=topic=47092.msg1412534#msg1412534 date=1318699053]

The result was disappointing cause we are playing at home against a rival who is resting/or without 5/6 of their best players. And we didn't match the best team in the league but we did match their 3rd string carling cup side.
[/quote]

That's actually complete bullshit. Both Phelan and Ferguson said the reason they played that team/set-up was because they have suffered 3 defeats here on the bounce and this time they thought they'd try a new tactic to get something out of the game (packing the MF) ... and they are both very pleased they got a point from the game.

You obviously didn't notice that when they took off Jones and moved Fletcher into a MF two we started to dominate the MF ? Sure by doubling the amount of attackers they had they started to create more opportunities but by the same token that's when we stepped up our game and nearly won it.

Just caught up with this thread.

Disappointing result today considering how weak their team was. We had the chances but couldn't score. That keeper of theirs is dodge as far as I'm concerned. Every save he made was straightforward but that won't stop deluded Manc cunts!

Great to see Gerrard back. He looks fit & ready.
Adam had a good game too.

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=47092.msg1412593#msg1412593 date=1318709527]
Just caught up with this thread.

Disappointing result today considering how weak their team was. We had the chances but couldn't score. That keeper of theirs is dodge as far as I'm concerned. Every save he made was straightforward but that won't stop deluded Manc cunts!

Great to see Gerrard back. He looks fit & ready.
Adam had a good game too.
[/quote]

The one great save was from Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom