• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs United : PL Sunday 16th December 16.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen a lot of talk about that being a straight red... I see his foot is above ground but he is quite a bit earlier than Mertens in that tackle. It looks ugly the way he hit the leg, but red is harsh?

Even Riise and Hangeland changed from "great tackle" to "straight red" after the replay.

I don't get it at all. I didn't even think it was yellow.

I hope we finally put them to the sword like they have deserved since that 13/14 season.....

I suspect Mourinho will again park his bus as per, I just hope we have enough guile to break them down.

I think i'd play Shaqiri and Naby for this one.... but deffo difficult to think who to drop if we played a 4231 type formation.

I don't get it at all. I didn't even think it was yellow.

I share your view on that. It was a masterpiece of a tackle, which due to a bit bad luck led to a Dutchman nearly breaking a Belgian leg (maybe not bad luck afterall then??). The debate in studio over here was that the tackler is responsible for the outcome of the tackle, but in my book he was so obviously first on the ball that you can certainly ask why the hell Mertens decided to follow through his involvement. He was so late that he could actually ended up injuring the other part. Strange situation though.

I hope we finally put them to the sword like they have deserved since that 13/14 season.....

I suspect Mourinho will again park his bus as per, I just hope we have enough guile to break them down.

I think i'd play Shaqiri and Naby for this one.... but deffo difficult to think who to drop if we played a 4231 type formation.

Don't have to drop anyone. Just slightly change the formation.

---------------------Fabinho----------------------------
-----------------------------Keita-----------------------

Shaq -------------Firmino----------------Mane
------------------------ Salah------------------

Then have the Fullbacks push a little up so either the wings drift inside or even th fullback support Fab behind there.

United will lie low. They will try to launch long balls toward Fellaini and Lukaku, and will probably hope the speed of Rashford/Martial can cause us problems, but as per usual the support and movement on our half will be non-existent so we should not waste to much Resources on covering for that.

Think Mourinho will go for pace up top rather than Lukaku, and try to hit us on the break.
Martial, Rashford etc

Can’t see all of that midfield trio being dropped. I think it’ll be

—————Alisson————-
TAA——Matip—-VVD—-Robbo
———Hendo——Fabinho——
—————Keita——————
Salah——Firmino———Mane

I don’t think Salah will go central, or that Shaq will start. However i think Ashley Young has historically done well against Mo.

Can’t see all of that midfield trio being dropped. I think it’ll be

—————Alisson————-
TAA——Matip—-VVD—-Robbo
———Hendo——Fabinho——
—————Keita——————
Salah——Firmino———Mane

I don’t think Salah will go central, or that Shaq will start. However i think Ashley Young has historically done well against Mo.

Quoting my own message...!

I would *like* to see the below.

—————Alisson————-
TAA——Matip—-VVD—-Robbo
———------Fabs——--——
—-—-Shaq——Keita————
-------——Firmino———----
--------Salah--—Mane--------

We saw against Burnley & Bournemouth that Naby likes to roam left and Shaq would also like to roam to the right. It would probably be a bit too aggressive unless Naby is asked to be more conservative.

Fabinho could play a key role given his height and a likely midfield including Fellaini & Matic too.

Quoting my own message...!

I would *like* to see the below.

—————Alisson————-
TAA——Matip—-VVD—-Robbo
———------Fabs——--——
—-—-Shaq——Keita————
-------——Firmino———----
--------Salah--—Mane--------

We saw against Burnley & Bournemouth that Naby likes to roam left and Shaq would also like to roam to the right. It would probably be a bit too aggressive unless Naby is asked to be more conservative.

Fabinho could play a key role given his height and a likely midfield including Fellaini & Matic too.

Do you not feel it will be to crowded centrally? I think they will play two deep CM and maybe 3 at the back and two wingbacks.

Do you not feel it will be to crowded centrally? I think they will play two deep CM and maybe 3 at the back and two wingbacks.

Most of that team can drift wide and wouldn't hold the shape of the line up... gives flexibility on playing down the middle or down the wings. If anything it might be too 'light' for a battle against United's midfield, but has potential to completely play them apart.

I agree that this is not the game for 4-3-3 - our high press worked against Napoli, but United will not give us the opportunity, they are set up for long balls out of defense into Lukaku/Fellaini. When we have the ball, they will sit in a low block and try to limit our space. We will need our best creative players and passers of the ball for this one to break through. The good news is that if we can isolate Mo or Sadio against United’s CB with any kind of regularity, we can destroy them.

I would like to see the most attacking team possible. 4-2-2-2 with a culmination of the recent trend towards “two in behind and two between the lines” strategy, which worked well against Burnley and Bournemouth. Young did well to control Mo in the past, so Mo should obviously play in the middle and run directly at their dodgy CBs and Sadio should do the same. Firmino and Shaqiri to play as two #10’s in attack and covering the wings in defense. In midfield, I think this is the game to unleash Fabinho-Keita double pivot on them. We won the Napoli game with energy and stamina; but this one we should win with quality.

4-2-2-2:
—————Alisson—————
———-Lovren——Van Dijk—
Trent——————-——Robbo
———-Keita——-Fabinho——
—-Shaqiri——-——Firmino—-
————Salah——Mane——-

Subs: Mignolet, Phillips, Milner, Gini, Hendo, Lallana, Sturridge

Last edited:
Any win against the Scummers is worth its weight in gold. Wish we absolutely twat them but I'd settle for a 1-0 win.

We need Lovren to hit the ground running. He was imperious last season but has seemed a bit ropey this season. If he can show last season form we have nothing to worry about.

United are definitely picking up points in this one. They're our bogey team since they went to shit.

It's true. They'll play like the teams we hate to play-- like a hybrid Tony Pulis / Fat Sam team except they actually have some high quality attacking players that might take advantage in their rare forays forward. I don't like this one bit.

If there is a god, Fred, Pogba and Fellony will start on sunday. All three were absolutely abysmal last night.

Klopp has yet to beat mourinho in the league so i can see a 1-1 draw on sunday but i'm hoping i'm wrong as we owe these cunts a beating. Mourinho will more than likely have matic, herrera and fellaini all playing to make it a messy game and frustrate the fuck out of us. Apparently Mourinho has already confirmed Young, Lingard and Rashford will start. Young handled salah well last time.

Obviously Mourinho has no intention what so ever of coming to us and trying to play attacking football and go for the win, so he's looking for a 0-0 or a jammy fucking goal and then park the bus and hope to hold out. I'd expect them to be pressing us at a million miles an hour.

Obviously Mourinho has no intention what so ever of coming to us and trying to play attacking football and go for the win, so he's looking for a 0-0 or a jammy fucking goal and then park the bus and hope to hold out. I'd expect them to be pressing us at a million miles an hour.

Herrera, Matic and Fellaini clogging us up and down the park, with Martial, Rashford and Lingard hanging about for a lucky break at pace.

There's his game plan

They grinded out Points both against Arsenal and Chelsea, so I am not confident here. Big game for them. A point at Anfield and he will repeat "They are supposed to be the 8th Wonder of the world" to every journo asking him any question. I really want these 3 Points. Badly.

Herrera, Matic and Fellaini clogging us up and down the park, with Martial, Rashford and Lingard hanging about for a lucky break at pace.

There's his game plan

Then Martial and Lindgaard will put in shits as fullbacks to help out against Salah and Mane, and not to create something for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom