• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs United : PL Sunday 16th December 16.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player Status from Redcafe so assuming they have contacts. I like Martial and Dalot are doubts.

Manchester United
Victor Lindelöf, Alexis Sánchez and Marcos Rojo ruled out. Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial, Chris Smalling, Matteo Darmian and Diogo Dalot doubtful.

Liverpool
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Joseph Gomez, Joel Matip and Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out. Nathaniel Clyne doubtful.

Referee : Martin Atkinson.

I think I would have preferred to see Salah up against Shaw than against Young. Good to see Rojo also out, their defence will hopefully be a shambles.

Redcafe predictions. They seem confident.

God help us ...

Liverpool is miles ahead of us as a team. On Sunday I expect they will demonstrate exactly the gulf in class ...

God if we get a 0-0 that would be class.......

Bring on the 32 wheeler triple decker BUS ...

Have an interview for my passport Saturday, hopefully I get detained and deported so I can avoid watching us....

Liverpool 2 United 0. Phil Jones brace.

We're gonna get absolutely spit roasted.

This is going to be difficult to watch. Don't think we'll get smashed on the scoreboard, but think we'll get torn a new one on the field.

If there is any way we can avoid showing up for this fixture (the bus breaking down, the entire squad contracting a mysterious virus, issue with the fax machine etc) then we should jump at it. We can't deal with the dippers right now.

We'll set up to aggravate and foul the hell out of em like the jammy cnuts we've become.
I fully believe most of this squad don't want to be picked for this game. They're terrified of what's going to happen to them.
No chance of another 0-0 like the last few times we’ve been there. We aren’t good enough not to concede in this game if they show up.

9-0-1 formation.

So it’s a team that always concedes and struggles to score travelling to another that doesn’t concede and has goals coming out of every orifice.

To be completely honest, I'm never excited for Anfield. I usually dread it as most of the time it's a terrible game of football, scrappy and often nasty. And that fecking roar when they score is unbearable.

I fully believe most of this squad don't want to be picked for this game. They're terrified of what's going to happen to them.

I actually this could turn our more embarrassing then the Derby last month. We can't string three passes together and can't seem to deal with a press at all and they are probably playing the best team at it. Nightmare....

Dont really care about their fans or the injuries. Its Utd and Mourinho, it will be a bastard of a game regardless.

Dont really care about their fans or the injuries. Its Utd and Mourinho, it will be a bastard of a game regardless.

I'm hoping for the best but expecting a pile of shite punctuated by a Phil Jones header from a corner.

I absolutely hate watching Young. The thought of him tugging, pulling, body checking Salah, while maintaining his innocence; all that coupled with an incompetent ref who lets everything go, makes me sick.

Its his hunched back and gimpy gopping running style that get me.

I absolutely hate watching Young. The thought of him tugging, pulling, body checking Salah, while maintaining his innocence; all that coupled with an incompetent ref who lets everything go, makes me sick.
I may be being optimistic, but having watched Salah against Koulibali, try to get the better of him over & over, before finally working out how to position himself to turn him on his weaker foot to gain an extra yard on him & then score as a result, befpfe repeating the trick (although without a goal) in the second half, I think that this seasons Salah will have a number of ideas about how to play against Young.

Also worth noting that none of our front three have scored against Utd. It's hard to imagine that continuing.

I can see this being a very frustrating game for us fans, as we just patiently plug away, much as I'd like to batter them, I suspect we'll score just once or twice late into the match.

I may be being optimistic, but having watched Salah against Koulibali, try to get the better of him over & over, before finally working out how to position himself to turn him on his weaker foot to gain an extra yard on him & then score as a result, befpfe repeating the trick (although without a goal) in the second half, I think that this seasons Salah will have a number of ideas about how to play against Young.

Also worth noting that none of our front three have scored against Utd. It's hard to imagine that continuing.

I can see this being a very frustrating game for us fans, as we just patiently plug away, much as I'd like to batter them, I suspect we'll score just once or twice late into the match.
One thing from reading the analysis posted in the other thread is that Salah roams a lot more this season ... this could give him a big advantage over a static Young and put him up against United's CBs, a far easier proposition for a man of Salah's talents (and Mane and Keita) if they are Jones and Smalling, their more mobile CBs are Bailly and Lindof.

One thing from reading the analysis posted in the other thread is that Salah roams a lot more this season ... this could give him a big advantage over a static Young and put him up against United's CBs, a far easier proposition for a man of Salah's talents (and Mane and Keita) if they are Jones and Smalling, their more mobile CBs are Bailly and Lindof.

Smalling and Lindelof are injured, so that leaves Bailly and Jones. Salah should definitely play through the middle and run straight at them (and maybe Mane too).

I wonder about Mo. He's never looked entirely happy playing up top, besides which I tend to favour the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach anyway. Mane on the other hand hasn't been at his best just lately so the change might do him good.

Ki-Jana Hoever was training with the first team yesterday. Born in 2002 and a great talent. Maybe he’ll get a few minutes this season?

I wonder about Mo. He's never looked entirely happy playing up top, besides which I tend to favour the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach anyway. Mane on the other hand hasn't been at his best just lately so the change might do him good.
You haven't read that tactical analysis I posted have you ?!

I did, Froggy, just wasn't persuaded by it. Carra himself says that the disparity in outcomes has come about partly because it's against the lesser sides that Salah is played up top, and the guy hasn't - yet - fully recovered his coruscating form of last season. He's too good a player not to produce results even so, but that doesn't make the change a convincing one, IMHO of course.

I did, Froggy, just wasn't persuaded by it. Carra himself says that the disparity in outcomes has come about partly because it's against the lesser sides that Salah is played up top, and the guy hasn't - yet - fully recovered his coruscating form of last season. He's too good a player not to produce results even so, but that doesn't make the change a convincing one, IMHO of course.
And you Word is Law...

What is interesting is his goals scored record when he's played up top, however Klopp pushed him back on to the RW when we play one of the Top 6. Why ? I'm assuming because he wants an extra ball winner in midfield so can't field Mane - Salah - Shaq with Firmino in behind as #10.

But the heat map doesn't lie and if this is representative of all of his matches at #9 then that's a major change from last season.

2ueqkvt.png

Are united even playing Pogba at the moment?

Klopp would probably get a tune out of him though

Smalling and Lindelof are injured, so that leaves Bailly and Jones. Salah should definitely play through the middle and run straight at them (and maybe Mane too).
Apparently Lindelof is fit to play. In fact, almost all of the players Maureen was saying were unavailable, are available.

Are united even playing Pogba at the moment?

Klopp would probably get a tune out of him though
I almost guarantee you he'd play him like he's using sturridge now. Super sub or 'b' team player.

He just doesn't have the work rate to do what we require, & he's way too inconsistent (although how much of that is the way he's being played by Mourinho & their relationship is unclear & won't be known til Mourinho goes).

I agree with Markeh. My money'd be on Klopp finding a way to get the last World Cup version of Pogba playing regularly, and that Pogba is a very good player indeed.

Yea hard to know what the outcome with Pogba would be, definitely talented. One thing's for sure Klopp doesn't spend 90m on Pogba without being sure where he fits in.

Out last night, got hammered. No hangover today, it's a Christmas miracle and can only bode well for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom