• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that will be the deal. Lovren would forgo any contractual rights for the remainder of his deal here.

On a free transfer apparently.. Zenit don't want to pay a fee.

Can't see Edward's allowing that one, unless Lovren buys his own contract out.
Arsenal have a habit of buying shit defenders. Him and Sideshow Bob will be good entertainment
I

Please Please Please take Lovren off us....how he even has another year left on his contract is mind blowing, should've left same time as Rodgers.

Out of the relegation fodder, who should we be looking at?

From Norwich - Buendia? Cantwell?
From Bournemouth - Is Fraser good enough? Brooks? Ake? Who can potentially provide cover for CB and LB spots.
From Villa - Grealish looks the only worth pick up, although with Jones coming through, I doubt Jurgen would want to block his path with such a signing.

I'd take Brooks and McGinn as Lallana and Milner replacements

Based on todays ruling, we need to up our aims a bit, and I dont want to hear none of this financials re Covid nonsense from Klopp or the owners.

We now need:
Koulibaly or De Ligt for CB
Chillwell for cover at LB
Aouar for midfield
Mbappe so Bobby can be 'rested' long term

In other words, offer us a reasonable amount else we'll keep as a backup. Surely him and his agent will try and get a move, I'm not even sure what a decent amount would be. With the way Edwards has worked his magic for some of the other outgoing players, he might end up breaking the world transfer record.

I actually would have Ings back here though. He needed to go to get game time but always thought he would suit our side well.
Ings is a good player. But hes also at his peak right now. He needs to play week in, week out to find his rhythm. Something he won't get with us.

Based on todays ruling, we need to up our aims a bit, and I dont want to hear none of this financials re Covid nonsense from Klopp or the owners.

We now need:
Koulibaly or De Ligt for CB
Chillwell for cover at LB
Aouar for midfield
Mbappe so Bobby can be 'rested' long term

We aint got any money for what you want. Luckily what we need is back-up and they should be cheap or free.
LB and RB James Tavernier can cover both wings. Is doing really well in Scotland
Fraser and Willian on the wings
Cavini CF.

I will say Klopp, having won the PL and CL has earned the right not to be questioned when it comes to transfers. So if he does get a 31 year old, I trust the Genius to know what he is doing.

Ings is a natural, determined, striker. He deserves to be the main man in a team that is challenging for a European place and that's what he will get at Southampton of they keep on their current trajectory.

And just to be sure, we should return Lovren and Clyne to them.

I presume, given that all the articles written just after we signed Minamino indicated that he could be an alternative to Firmino, that if we were intending to sign a forward this summer it would have been someone who could compete with Mane on the left? Are we even being linked with anyone in that position post-Werner?

I presume, given that all the articles written just after we signed Minamino indicated that he could be an alternative to Firmino, that if we were intending to sign a forward this summer it would have been someone who could compete with Mane on the left? Are we even being linked with anyone in that position post-Werner?
Havertz

Ings is a good player. But hes also at his peak right now. He needs to play week in, week out to find his rhythm. Something he won't get with us.

Oh for sure. I wouldn't want to pay what Southampton would want for him now. Only mean that he would have been a good fit for us if he hadn't had such brutal interruptions due to injury.

Lovren signing a new contract? Gosh, we really are trying to cheap out again this summer, aren't we. Feels like we're like Arsenal when they won the league under Wenger. Spend fcuk all whist our main rival will break transfer records to win the next couple of titles.

It's all a bit depressing, really. I know it shouldn't be really, we've won the league, but the lack of apparent signings to build on what we've got coupled with the blue mancs and chelsea spending/potentially spending loads is a bit of a downer.

But, apart from Chelsea, who had a Hazard size wad of cash burning a hole in their pocket, who else has actually spent any money so far?

It's all a bit depressing, really. I know it shouldn't be really, we've won the league, but the lack of apparent signings to build on what we've got coupled with the blue mancs and chelsea spending/potentially spending loads is a bit of a downer.

You have this so right. The lack of movement for players is so depressing. We sit still while the likes of Utd,Chelsea and City strengthen. On less there is some strong late movement in the transfer window we have to get use to being "also ran's" next season, and will be luck "If" we finish top 4

But, apart from Chelsea, who had a Hazard size wad of cash burning a hole in their pocket, who else has actually spent any money so far?

Chelsea bought someone with the Hazard money. Nobody else has signed anyone. Wind your neck in.

It's true - my post was in part prompted by having seen an article announcing a £150m spending spree by City now that they weren't banned from european competitions.

There’s no need to panic or worry about what may or not be spent. To quote Michael Jordan “why Would I think about missing a shot I haven’t taken?”. We don’t even know when the window is opening, who is being bought or sold, who will actually spend money and so on.

There’s no need to panic or worry about what may or not be spent. To quote Michael Jordan “why Would I think about missing a shot I haven’t taken?”. We don’t even know when the window is opening, who is being bought or sold, who will actually spend money and so on.
Nah, this is depressing and frustrating. It's just like that time we won our 6th European Cup and failed to capitalise on it and signed no one and then won the league.

Nah, this is depressing and frustrating. It's just like that time we won our 6th European Cup and failed to capitalise on it and signed no one and then won the league.

True, but chances are with players a year older and the competition stronger (City etc spending big) that won't continue.

We're crying out for a few signings imo. Most notably quality cover for the front 3.

Read on Twitter (could be bs obviously but we take any transfer news we can), that some transfer news was revield at the presser earlier today. But embargoed to 2230 tonight.
Lets see if its something. Might be Lovren’s off for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom