• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Loic Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have taken the punt at the price, demba ba has dodgy knees, still doesn't stop him rattling the goals in....

You have to wonder how he's been successfully moving to QPR then on loan to Newcastle, getting through medicals okay and failing in ours. If it is a heart issue, surely nobody should be taking him.
The likes of qpr are probably more likely to take a chance. Also the loan deal is low risk from Newcastles point of view.

Didn't Ba failed a medical at Stoke previously? (And Aquilani passed his with us, didn't he?)

Shame for the lad as well. Not only is his move up thwarted but he's also suffered a bit of reputational damage and it's going to be a brave club who'll take him on, on anything but a per game basis.

Yep. I'm gutted for us but it will be 100 times worse for him.

Did we pass on the deal due to complications insuring him? If not, Is he worth the risk at 8.5 mil as he's been cleared to play by medics in the past?

His condition will only get worse as he gets older

If it's a hole in the heart he'll become increasingly short of breath as he becomes more symptomatic. For our style of play he'd be putting his heart under a lot of pressure.

Probably why he's never struck me as a "defend from the front" style of striker.

Am I being a bit cynical, thinking that it might be more than coincidence that we have passed on Remy because of a failed medical, despite no doubt knowing the underlining issues that had caused previous medical failures, following on shortly from Borinini's refusal to go to Sunderland?

Am I being a bit cynical, thinking that it might be more than coincidence that we have passed on Remy because of a failed medical, despite no doubt knowing the underlining issues that had caused previous medical failures, following on shortly from Borinini's refusal to go to Sunderland?
Saw that on twitter P but surely we'd move Borini on elsewhere for a similar fee to Remy?

Saw that on twitter P but surely we'd move Borini on elsewhere for a similar fee to Remy?

It shouldn't be a problem if we have lots of money to spend but as I said I am a bit of a cynic and I am not sure I believe the whole " We still have all the Suarez transfer money to spend on transfers" line.

It shouldn't be a problem if we have lots of money to spend but as I said I am a bit of a cynic and I am not sure I believe the whole " We still have all the Suarez transfer money to spend on transfers" line.
Was Remy flown out to Boston? Why fly him out if Borini wasn't leaving?
Fabio turned down Sunderland last week.

Was Remy flown out to Boston? Why fly him out if Borini wasn't leaving?
Fabio turned down Sunderland last week.

All true.
Who knows. There may still have been hope that Borini would sign for Sunderland.
After all, the echo reported that he had passed his medical and would be unveiled soon.
Has the club said anything officially yet? I assume the what we are reading in the media is what they are feeding it.
It is hard to know what the truth is these days.

The Borini and Remy deals may not have been dependent on one another, as some of us seem to be assuming. Brendan might well want four strikers.

In any case I wasn't aware that Borini had actually turned the deal down. He's said to have expressed a preference for staying at LFC but (a) I haven't seen any direct quote from the man himself and (b), even if he did say it, that's not quite the same thing as a final refusal.

I see Mark Mc is ranting about it all on twitter and he still has his contacts at Liverpool I think.
We all seemed to think a week ago that Remy was a replacement for Borini in the squad so it is an easy assumption to make that we didn't want to sign one before we were sure of getting rid of the other.
It might not necessarily be the case though.
Our transfer dealings have appeared to be much more prudent of late to be fair.

I see Mark Mc is ranting about it all on twitter and he still has his contacts at Liverpool I think.
We all seemed to think a week ago that Remy was a replacement for Borini in the squad so it is an easy assumption to make that we didn't want to sign one before we were sure of getting rid of the other.

I saw that, think he's talking some bollocks mate. No way we're pulling out because of Borini.

This lad is one of 2-3 lads worth following. This is wheter it was dependant on a Borini move:

@Jay_78_: No mate. Dodgy Knee & Heart. Failed medical.

This lad is one of 2-3 lads worth following. This is wheter it was dependant on a Borini move:

@Jay_78_: No mate. Dodgy Knee & Heart. Failed medical.
I've no doubt he did fail the medical, but surely the club would have known that he's failed a few medicals already. He fly him to Boston? Why not do a medical here?

It's all just a bit off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom