• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis Alberto - SIGNED fap fap fap - Fuck you Doc Mac, fuck you right in the face'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he is "a lot". The 8.5M fee for Coutinho also seemed a bit steep, when he was just an unproven small foreign boy. Now Coutinho is the biggest reason we can be cautiously optimistic about the next season even if Suarez leaves.

Not every signing will be as successful as Coutinho (I wish!), but in general I trust Rodgers' eye for attacking players.

It's unfair to mistrust Rodgers after he signed both Couthino and Sturridge.
This guy could be a gem.

Let's all watch this again:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h60Oz0_OrO8&feature=player_embedded

I don't want to hype up a signing that didn't happen yet (and when it happens, we should be careful not to expect too much too soon), but objectively, even from this 9-minute clip anybody with a pair of eyes can tell that this lad has a beautiful, "cultured" right-footed shot - perfectly controlled and with plenty of power even at this young age. And he seems to be Barca B's #1 free-kick and corner taker - which is saying something on a team overloaded with attacking talent and setting the highest standard of technique in the world. If he comes here, I think he will instantly be among our top 3 strikers of the ball.

His overall play will probably need more work and nobody can guarantee how well he will adjust to England, but there is definitely great upside here. Goals from midfield are precious. We SHOULD be taking risks like that, that's the only way we can compete with the moneybags.

I'd think the incentives are related to international caps, appearances or even our league position/champions league qualification. So if we pay that other portion of the fee, he would've done well. Therefore, I'll see it as more of a £6.8m deal. Man Utd paid £4m upfront for Nick Powell (albeit 2 years younger). Zaha, who's of the same age cost £10m upfront. The likes of Kevin De Bruyne cost £7m

As previously posted here, he has a fair bit of playing experience, even if its not at top flight. Also mentioned here that he made his U21 debut in Feb, having earned caps at U18 and U19 levels.

On the other hand, while it may only be Barca B, we all know the no. and type of players they have/groom. Surely they would've seen something in his ability as well as capability to fit into their system to have paid a loan fee to bring him over? His performances with them in 12/13 would probably justify that decision. As for not signing him permanently, it is worth noting that B teams cannot be promoted to the same division as their parent club. The money that is to activate the permanent signing would no doubt be more important for 1st team additions. Besides, its not a position in which the 1st team lack options.

Barca is probably obsessed by trying to find a like-for-like replacement for Xavi. Unfortunately for them, neither Fabregas not Thiago Alcantara could adequately fill Xavi's boots so far. LAR seems like a slightly different type of a midfielder, more of a direct goalscoring threat and less of a patient midfield conductor - that might be why they can't find use for him in the 1st team, despite obviously appreciating his talent. Just speculating, of course.

Let's all watch this again:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h60Oz0_OrO8&feature=player_embedded

I don't want to hype up a signing that didn't happen yet (and when it happens, we should be careful not to expect too much too soon), but objectively, even from this 9-minute clip anybody with a pair of eyes can tell that this lad has a beautiful, "cultured" right-footed shot - perfectly controlled and with plenty of power even at this young age. And he seems to be Barca B's #1 free-kick and corner taker - which is saying something on a team overloaded with attacking talent and highest standard of technique in the world. If he comes here, I think he will instantly be among our top 3 strikers of the ball.

His overall play will probably need more work and nobody can guarantee how well he will adjust to England, but there is definitely great upside here. Goals from midfield are precious. We SHOULD be taking risks like that, that's the only way we can compete with the moneybags.

There's very little running or passing in that clip.

There's a lot of 'shoot every time I see the goal'

I don't know Luis Alberto from Luis Enrique or Carlos Alberto, but... consider the case of Rodrigo Moreno (22), who is currently in the U-21s:

Wiki: On 31 July 2010, Rodrigo signed a five-year contract with Benfica for approximately €6 million. Real Madrid had an option to re-buy the player for €12 million during the next two seasons...

He was 19 when he moved to Benfica from Real Madrid B 3 years ago, having the combined experience of... 22 games for Real Madrid C and Real Madrid B. He wasn't in the U-21s then, and he missed out on the squad that went to the 2011 European championships; losing out to Jeffrén Suárez, Adrián López, Bojan Krkic, Emilio Nsue, Iker Muniain.

These two cases look somewhat comparable. It almost feels like you pay a premium for getting young players with good potential in Spain.

Bojan Krkic - now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

What's the deal with him - was he shit in Italy? How does his buy back option work? Is he on the market again?

There's very little running or passing in that clip.

There's a lot of 'shoot every time I see the goal'

There are some nice passes (his diagonal cross looks very inviting for strikers), but you're right, very little running shown there and he shoots seemingly at every opportunity. Not exactly Xavi-esque, is he?

But on the other hand, not many 20 year old midfielders have a 9-minute clip to fill with their goals in the past 2 years.

What's the deal with him - was he shit in Italy? How does his buy back option work? Is he on the market again?

Still inconsistent. Also he is pure finisher and this is a dying breed nowadays.

Not watched him but I think things haven't been going that well I'd suppose, judging by him being loaned out by Roma to Milan last season.
The appearance numbers don't look great. League only:

2012/13: Milan (loan) - 5 starts, 14 subs (22 years old)
2011/12: Roma - 13 starts, 20 subs
2010/11: Barca - 9 starts, 18 subs
2009/10: Barca - 11 starts, 12 subs
2008/09: Barca - 6 starts, 17 subs
2007/08: Barca - 14 starts, 17 subs (17 years old)

He'll be retired by 24.

We can also look at it this way. Alberto should be an improvement on Jonjo Shelvey. But if we sell Jonjo, we will probably get the same money in return. So whatever "premium" top Spanish talents command, it's still probably less than the English young player "premium."

OK, I'm outta here.

I wouldn't put too much stock in him not being in the U21's, I posted this a few pages back as well...

Spain U21 Squad:

Spain%20national%20under-21%20football%20team%20-%20Wikipedia%2C%20the%20free%20encyclopedia.png

LAR is only 20, so he has plenty of time.

The plus is that it's got that hidden gem aspect to it - nobody knows fuck all about this kid. He could turn out to be meh but think how awesome it'd be if he turned out to be amazing. I couldn't help but think of Gerrard whilst watching that compilation due to all the long range shots (I'm not saying he'll be like Gerrard before anyone jumps down my throat!).

Suso is looking more and more fucked for game time this season. I hope he does go on loan because that kid has got real talent and it'd be a shame if it went to waste.

If he's that good/promising, why didn't Barca buy him?

Neymar > Luis Alberto ... duh!

On a more serious note, they don't always keep their highly rated youngsters (be it their own, or the ones they have on loan). Hopefully, they thought he would be signed for a lower value and we got involved, they couldn't spare more money ... Hopefully as I want him to be the bee's knees ...

If he's that good/promising, why didn't Barca buy him?
Considering the attacking talent Barca already have you can't really judge him by that. My concern is that the fee is very high for a player for the level of player he is. I can see him in the reserves for most of the season. Plus he doesn't look anything special. We could have bought diame instead who would have cost less and be ready to straight into the first team. Rodgers just seems to love lightweight players.

Why didn't they keep Fabregas or Arteta?
They fuck up some times.
They didn't have a choice with fabregas and tried getting him to stay. He was under age so they couldn't tie him to a contract. No idea about arteta but i doubt they're losing sleep about him. If it was 2m euros i'd understand, but to pay 9m is too high IMO. And like i said Diame costs less and would offer more balance in our team.

With Fabregas their hands were tied as he couldn't sign a pro contract in Spain.

They didn't have a choice with fabregas and tried getting him to stay. He was under age so they couldn't tie him to a contract. No idea about arteta but i doubt they're losing sleep about him. If it was 2m euros i'd understand, but to pay 9m is too high IMO. And like i said Diame costs less and would offer more balance in our team.

Oh yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom