• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Madrid get Real over Suarez swoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gone lads, this season or next, take the cash which will be higher now than next year when he's one year older and less resale value. Ok Mark, City bid 21m for Agger. Isn't that established? We should have taken it. I feel the same way about our resident tinker Suarez. All these radio interviews, he can piss off. We may have slid down the table but we're Liverpool.

If it's what is best for Liverpool, then yes - move him on. If we're doing it just because of what he said in the press, but it's not best for Liverpool, let him get us into the CL and then re-assess. He's entering his prime now ... His value will only increase ...

For a spell, maybe, but he's 27 and those players are done by 30-32 in terms of resale value. For any kind of a resale value for the next club, the time is now. Not 12 months from now.

May have no bearing on Suarez' possible move, but appaz Real are preparing a whopping £85m bid for Bale.

May have no bearing on Suarez' possible move, but appaz Real are preparing a whopping £85m bid for Bale.

Well you would imagine that would put the breaks on any other signings this summer but it is Real, they seem to print their own money. Still I would think Bale could be purchased for about 25 mil less than that

"Luis Suarez has continued his incredible rant over life in England – by blasting the Prime Minister, writes the Sunday People.

Liverpool’s wantaway striker has spent the week claiming the English media are hounding him out of the Premier League.

Kop chiefs have said enough is enough with Real Madrid or Bayern Munich set to land the Uruguayan for £40million.

Boss Brendan Rodgers will use the funds to bring in Shakhtar Donetsk’s Henrik Mkhitarian and Christian Benteke from Aston Villa.

Suarez, 26, moaned: “David Cameron said I wasn’t an example for the kids or something like that. Why don’t you worry about English citizens?

“I have lived bad moments, and I’m a human being, you know. I have feelings.

“I’m angry with the English media, as they have never valued me as a footballer.

“The paparazzi followed me in the streets and I couldn’t carry my daughter to the kindergarten, or I couldn’t go to the supermarket.

“I tried to do my job in England. I cannot apologise to the people in England any more.”

Suarez bit Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic in April and was handed a 10-match ban – leading to Cameron saying the striker “set the most appalling example”.

That clearly riled Suarez, who has also earned a reputation for diving and was charged with racial abuse of Patrice Evra in November 2011.

But Suarez remains adamant he has been victimised.

He insisted: “I have shown courage in England after what had happened with me and the racism allegations against me.

“I was having a bad moment in England, they treated me really bad and nobody defended me.

“Maybe I must change and move to another league.”

Suarez’s latest outburst has upset the Reds who are fuming with his words after backing him to the hilt in the past.

Liverpool had wanted the striker to see out the remaining three years of his contract – but they are now planning a quick exit to enable Rodgers to bring in replacements.

Armenian Mkhitarian is in their sights after proving his quality with Ukrainian giants Shakhtar and would be available for £15m.

Benteke would be valued at more than £20m by Villa who are aware that Atletico Madrid may come calling after selling Radamel Falcao to Monaco.

Meanwhile, Pepe Reina is the first Kop star to speak out over Suarez’s potential departure and reckons the desire to land trophies is the real reason.

Reina said: “Liverpool is a great club but I’m sure he wants to fight for titles. He wants to play with the best. Luis is 26 and has to think about his career.”

“I was having a bad moment in England, they treated me really bad and nobody defended me."

Fuck off Luis. Kenny, your teammates and supporters defended you to the hilt.
Has someone been brainwashing him in Uruguay or something? Stupid kid.

This is getting ridiculous. Every English newspaper is now giving its interpretation to interviews he gave in Uruguay.
He probably said he wants out and that's bad enough for me. He then said that the English media has been after him, but I really don't think there's a need to read into every single sentence in every English paper. He surely didn't talk to all of them.

Is this all coming from one interview/press conference or is he giving a new interview every 6 hours? If its all coming from one interview then surely the majority of it is bollox or it would have been reported 2 days ago when the story first broke. If its a stream of interviews why hasn't the club told him to shut his mouth or his wages will be docked?

“I was having a bad moment in England, they couldn't understand that biting people is what we do in Uruguay to show love. I bite the fans every day and not one complains, and now they're silent. I deserve a better fan base to appreciate my skills."

Fuck off Luis. The supporters defended you to the hilt.

RELEASE HIM the cunt!

I'd be a bit careful with the translations before hanging him.
He's been very respectful of the club in the other interviews.

He's right about Cameron though, that was beyond bizarre. A man who once forgot his own young son in a pub lecturing on morale behaviour.

“I was having a bad moment in England, they treated me really bad and nobody defended me."

Fuck off Luis. Kenny, your teammates and supporters defended you to the hilt.
Has someone been brainwashing him in Uruguay or something? Stupid kid.

Sounds like he's talking about the media. If he isnt he can fuck off. Kenny did nothing but support him, as has Rodgers, the fans and his team mates.
But in the other interview snippets this has been directed to the media.

Exactly. He's made it clear repeatedly that he's extremely grateful for the support he got from Kenny, the club and the fans.

As for Cameron, he's desperate to portray his party as being "in tune with the people" while doing whatever his big business paymasters want him to. Like any politician, he'll say whatever he thinks will best achieve his aims.

Is it just me that doesn't really care what he says and who he says it about?

It's probably because we're a bit pants these days or what, but it just doesn't feel like it matters that much.

Does anyone, other than our resident Dane, actually believe that Barca are remotrly interested in Agger, let alone that they offered 27m?

It's had minimal coverage. If Barca are serious about a player, you fucking know it, especially when the mooted fee is that much.

it sounds about as likely as Bentner being anything other than a poor man's Peter Crouch
Not sure if taking the piss?

Anyways it's been known that Barca have wanted him for at least a couple of Seasons now. The fact that El Mundo Deportivo has now revealed that an agreement was reached between Liverpool, Barcelona and Agger last Summer only for new manager Vilanova to turn it down kind of removes the last doubts whether they are interested or not don't you think?

They'll probably try again this coming Summer mind:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...o-fulfil-liverpool-contract-despite-barcelona

Is it just me that doesn't really care what he says and who he says it about?

It's probably because we're a bit pants these days or what, but it just doesn't feel like it matters that much.
Maybe you didn't feel like defending him as strongly as some others when he fucked up. Which would mean you're not as emotional now about what he does as others are, and simply see him as an asset at LFC that will bring in millions.
Don't know. Don't remember how you were during those times.

Why the hell does Real think they can always fleece us whilst bending over backwards to over-pay any other English club? I know: "Because they can". But really, it amazes me it even gets reported with a straight face. They're happy to offer Spurs over £80m for Bale whilst offering us £40m for Suarez? I mean, that's REALLY
taking the piss!

Madrid president, Florentino Perez, looks to rejuvenate his underachieving squad with more multi-million pound names

Duncan Castles Published: 2 June 2013
D02COVA_348046k.jpg
Bale: £6.2m Spurs offer (PAUL HARDING)
REAL MADRID are ready to break the world transfer record with an audacious £85m swoop for Gareth Bale, as well as splashing out £40m on Luis Suarez. Combining the two Premier League stars with Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema would then give Madrid the world’s first quarter-billion-pound forward line.

Recruiting Bale and Suarez, who scored 44 Premier League goals between them last season, forms part of Florentino Perez’s campaign to be re-elected as Madrid’s president. Perez started his second term by signing Kaka and then Ronaldo for world-record transfer fees of £56m and £80m, before adding Benzema for a further £35m. Seeking to mitigate the fallout from Jose Mourinho’s decision to leave for Chelsea, the Spanish businessman has returned to a familiar strategy to secure his re-election for another term.

Perez also needs to respond to Barcelona’s success in signing the Brazil striker Neymar from Santos for £51m. He will fly to Spain to complete formalities after today’s Brazil-England friendly.
Barça had held the option on Neymar since 2011 but Perez had hoped to tempt him to the Bernabeu by spending up to £85.5m on the transfer, third-party ownership, penalty payments and signing-on fees.
SPO02_01BALEPAN_347981a.jpg
Landing Suarez should prove easier. The Liverpool striker admitted last week that it “would be difficult to say no” to Madrid, who expect to secure the player by invoking a £40m buyout clause in his Anfield contract.

The Uruguay forward has long been frustrated by the relatively poor quality of Liverpool’s squad and was ready to push for a move if the club did not take steps to improve it even before he was suspended for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic. The 10-match ban, his second long suspension in two seasons, led Suarez to seek a move. Barcelona or Madrid are his first-choice destinations, though Bayern Munich and Juventus have also shown interest.

While Liverpool’s American owners are against selling their most valuable on-field asset, a recruitment strategy has been prepared that allows for Suarez’s departure. The Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas is one possible target and Liverpool are understood to have offered Sporting Lisbon an initial £3.6m for the Portugal under-20 centre-back Tiago Ilori.

Liverpool said: “Luis Suarez is not for sale. Neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings [of wanting to leave] directly to Liverpool. The club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. The club will not be making any further comment at this stage.”

Tottenham say Madrid’s public wooing of Bale has changed nothing and that the club will keep their best players, though Bale’s representatives are keen on exploring the opportunity. Spurs will offer a new contract to the Wales star with an after-tax salary as high as £6.2m a year.

Bale's agent is doing much the same, and that shouldn't lead to a disparity in price of THAT size. Ronaldo pushed for a move to Real - that didn't exactly leave the mancs meekly acceptiing a pittance, did it! The mancs turned the situation into a no lose one - either we keep him or we get a record fee.

FSG are supposed to be obsessed with getting FFP rules enforced - well get tapping up penalised as well. Who gets penalised for tapping up? Only us. Everyone does it, but when there's even a hint of us doing it we have to pay a massive fine and apologise to the world.

Real have tapped Suarez up. We should act like Levy and Spurs and say, 'You want our player? Then break our transfer fee. Work for it, work REALLY hard for it - otherwise we keep him even if he's pissed with us'. Look at Modric - that's the least you should expect from a club with pretensions to being major players. Chelski offered £22m for him, then £27m, then Real came in, Modric was just as shameless as Suarez, and Spurs played hard ball and forced Real to pay far more than they wanted to. THAT'S how a club should handle this. Not: '£40m? Oh, okay, fank yew...'

We did it with Torres. For all the flak the fall out from that move provoked, that was a promising sign. Finally we showed some aggression and intelligence. If we go back now to our old meek ways it'll be a shambles at a crucial time in the club's history, poised between long-term mid-table mediocrity and the much-vaunted 'transitional season'.

I don't think it's that.

I've generally defended him in the past (though I've not gotten into huge arguments about it) and I've said that I'll be gutted if he goes because I enjoy watching him for us warts and all.

We've always had an idol (a genuine superstar) at Liverpool during the last 20 years and whilst we've won some trophies along the way, we've spent as much time worrying about them as anything else.

Things have changed for us in recent years and worrying about the absence of star quality at Liverpool just doesn't seem as important anymore. Not whilst we're languishing in 7th place.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Is this all coming from one interview/press conference or is he giving a new interview every 6 hours? If its all coming from one interview then surely the majority of it is bollox or it would have been reported 2 days ago when the story first broke. If its a stream of interviews why hasn't the club told him to shut his mouth or his wages will be docked?

He's given 3-4 interviews if I've understod it correctly.

On an aside, a lot of media outlets (such as The Guardian) have suggested the fee for Neymar was more in the region of 30M euros.

Which is true? That or the £50M figure that gets bandied about.

Bale's agent is doing much the same, and that shouldn't lead to a disparity in price of THAT size. Ronaldo pushed for a move to Real - that didn't exactly leave the mancs meekly acceptiing a pittance, did it!
Yup. Suarez is certainly not half the value of Bale.
Be a big shame for the premiere league to lose two of its best players in one summer..

Bale's agent is doing much the same, and that shouldn't lead to a disparity in price of THAT size. Ronaldo pushed for a move to Real - that didn't exactly leave the mancs meekly acceptiing a pittance, did it!

Rightly or wrongly, Bale is more en vogue than Suarez. That and the fact that he's younger means that his transfer fee was always going to be much higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom