• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Madrid get Real over Suarez swoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, John Aldridge has accused Suarez of 'letting Liverpool down' after declaring his intention to quit Anfield this summer.
Aldridge has been a vocal supporter of Suarez during the controversies that have littered his turbulent two-and-a-half years at Liverpool, but he has been angered by the Uruguayan's lack of loyalty and believes the goodwill towards the player has evaporated.
"Every Liverpool fan will feel let down by his desperation to leave Anfield," Aldridge told the Sunday World. "Manager Brendan Rodgers and his players will question why they gave Suarez so much support and the club's hierarchy must suspect they got it wrong backing a player who does not appear to have appreciated that support.
"History will mark Suarez down as another Fernando Torres, a striker who did great things for the club and then did a runner the minute he got the hint of a decent offer from another club. A true Liverpool legend? He will never be that now.
"I was among those hoping Suarez would buck the current trend and show a bit of loyalty to Liverpool, but this story confirms once again that every player seems to be in this game to make as much money as they can as quickly as they can.
"I felt Suarez owed the club another year to try and get them back into the Champions League after all they have done for him, but I should know better than to trust in the loyalty of modern footballers who barely know the meaning of the word."

Respect Aldo, respect!!

“I would like Luis Suarez to stay but if he is not happy and doesn’t want to then he’s got to go. I always tell fans to fall in love with the club not with individual players. Players come and go. Fernando Torres decided to move on from Liverpool, Wayne Rooney could leave Manchester United and Robin van Persie left Arsenal last summer. Yes, I want Luis Suarez to stay. I think he’s a great player. Forget what he does off the field – I’m not judging him by that – but if he wants to go, then he should go and fans should accept that.”
John Barnes.

Wow, you're SO clever! I know most of these people and know what they've said, not printed. But I guess you wander hither and thither inside Melwood high-fiving with Werner. Good for you. We'll see who's right about this.

What have they said?.

Who are they? Name them.

Spit it out.

There's been alot of "I know something terrible is going on behind closed doors, but I can't tell you who said it or what it is, but the club/Rodgers are a disgrace because of it. You'll find out soon enough". And we never do. It happened a few months ago when that utter gobshite off RAWK (the same one who was claiming insider stuff the other day that was so terrible he'd never watch us again) came out and said Werner was trying to force a groundshare and it would be announced shortly. Well, we're still waiting.

It's agenda driven bollocks by people who hate the owners and/or the manager, and it's a pretty shitty way of doing things. No offense to anyone, but it is. It's easy to sit there saying "I know this, and that but can't disclose any of it, but it confirms that I'm right about the owners being lizards and the manager being an egotistical Sunday league manager", when it helps add some kind of weight to an agenda driven view.

Yeah but to be fair, even the club said there'd be an announcement over the ground in May and there wasn't ;)

Read that there's one due in June, after we've managed to finally purchase some of the key houses near Anfield.
It was on Twitter, but this particular account has been spot on with nearly everything.

Yeah but to be fair, even the club said there'd be an announcement over the ground in May and there wasn't ;)

Well yeah, but the guy said we were forcing this and that, Werner and co were called fit to burn, yet we're still none the wiser. It's easy to say you know something but not be prepared to disclose any of it, anyone can pull that trick.

I couldnt give a fuck if he stays or goes.
We best get top TOP $$$ though.
And we best spend it in a fashion befitting the erection i shall be sporting next season.

There's been alot of "I know something terrible is going on behind closed doors, but I can't tell you who said it or what it is, but the club/Rodgers are a disgrace because of it. You'll find out soon enough". And we never do. It happened a few months ago when that utter gobshite off RAWK (the same one who was claiming insider stuff the other day that was so terrible he'd never watch us again) came out and said Werner was trying to force a groundshare and it would be announced shortly. Well, we're still waiting.

It's agenda driven bollocks by people who hate the owners and/or the manager, and it's a pretty shitty way of doing things. No offense to anyone, but it is. It's easy to sit there saying "I know this, and that but can't disclose any of it, but it confirms that I'm right about the owners being lizards and the manager being an egotistical Sunday league manager", when it helps add some kind of weight to an agenda driven view.

There's a great thread in MC with all that stuff for the last few years.

It's a great read.

I agree 100%, anything that includes phrases like "I can't tell you everything just now, but................!", is the work of a Troll or an Everton fan laughing his arse off at our overreaction. It's complete bollocks and shouldn't be given a seconds consideration, which I have just done, apologies!

When it has come to this, it is best he is sold.

But this whole thing stinks of us having one very unsettled player in our hands next season.

When it has come to this, it is best he is sold.

But this whole thing stinks of us having one very unsettled player in our hands next season.
Why can't we strike a deal like Ronaldo? Give us one more season and you're free to go (at the right price). Get him to prove how good he really is and get Liverpool in the CL next season.

Reactions: Y1
Some Real Madrid fans seem to think we have a real chance to get Higuain in a cash+player deal, if we can show him that he is wanted.

Basically, he wants a club that will love, support, and respect him, which means we might have half a chance. Might.

higuain is 25 , has 20 goals for 32 argie games and 122 goals from 266 madrid games. surely if you were offered say 25-30m plus him you'd have to think about it.

Some Real Madrid fans seem to think we have a real chance to get Higuain in a cash+player deal, if we can show him that he is wanted.

Basically, he wants a club that will love, support, and respect him, which means we might have half a chance. Might.

Aka, pay him a fuck load.

If Madrid can cough up £90 million for Bale, they can do better than £45 for Suarez.
We're in no hurry to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom