• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Man City (A) 12:30 - EPL - Saturday 25 Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think people on this little forum are likely to more about a player from odd sound bites and read tweets than a manager whom had worked with over 5yrs probably 6 hours a day. I will go with Klopp’s judgement on his character and the man to be VC.
That’s such a lazy sweeping statement. Might as well never discuss such topics so.

That’s such a lazy sweeping statement. Might as well never discuss such topics so.

Lazy was your one about your insight into him no longer wanting to play RB? Or lazy about Trent’s ego overriding everything else? It’s a relevant point. Was a ridiculous assertion that somehow we may have more insight than Klopp. It wasn’t a discussion though, was more of an attack on his character. There were so many incorrect points on the previous post, was easy to dismiss…

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Melbourne at one of the pubs I once worked at…

upload_2023-11-20_20-13-12.jpeg

Now there’s an opportunity that’ll be hard to pass up - it’s not every day you get to meet a Liverpool Legend!!!

He played in the SF against Everton I remember, other than that can't think of anything else good or bad.

Lazy was your one about your insight into him no longer wanting to play RB? Or lazy about Trent’s ego overriding everything else? It’s a relevant point. Was a ridiculous assertion that somehow we may have more insight than Klopp. It wasn’t a discussion though, was more of an attack on his character. There were so many incorrect points on the previous post, was easy to dismiss…
If you think he wants to play RB then lazy isn’t the word I’d use. As for Klopp he’s never going to reveal the true story nor should he. Time will reveal all I guess.

If you think he wants to play RB then lazy isn’t the word I’d use. As for Klopp he’s never going to reveal the true story nor should he. Time will reveal all I guess.

Klopp is not going to make someone VC for the sake of it, especially when you consider whom he made previous VC. He got rid of Sakho whom was popular for just being late, he hasn’t become a soft touch since. There is no story here related to Klopp pleasing Trent I suspect.

Now that we are closer to this, I think we can re-speculate on teams. Will be interesting to see how many of the City team are actually out. The two key absentees for me would be Haaland & Ederson. Big change at either end of the field.

For us, I would still want to deploy Endo at DM (or even the sought after double pivot with Alexis) to keep a semblance of control and fight in the middle. We then have Gravenberch and Jones (if he is match fit) as options off the bench. I would also not be upset to see Endo DM and Jones in CM.

Not convinced Tsimi should start either. The left side is interesting as I feel if Tsimi starts we should play Jota, as Tsimi gives good width and Jota drifts inside. If we start Gomez then I'd opt for Diaz to keep width.

Knowing current Klopp we'll start Alexis, Gravenberch/Jones & Szobo in the middle.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Endo
Mac Allister
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Jota

I’d be amazed if Endo starts, i don’t think the trust is there from the manager. Imo Jones will be in the team unless he hasn’t looked sharp in training

Ederson and Haaland will be fit, no doubt.

As for us I think I'd start Diaz - Nunez - Salah. Thats our best set up away from home for counter attacking and hitting them with pace in behind.
Diaz looks to be in some great upturn in form and could be in line to see some great performances from him.
Only thing is that Nunez hasnt started an early game after the international break so he could end up being an option from the bench.

I’d be amazed if Endo starts, i don’t think the trust is there from the manager. Imo Jones will be in the team unless he hasn’t looked sharp in training
I agree that Klopp doesn't seem to trust him and yet Endo is the most natural player we have for that position. I think he's the one that should play in our tougher games.

Don’t give a fuck who plays, the u8s, the tea ladies, the kit man, Jay Spearing. Just beat the cunts.

I could see us using Alexis + Jones as two deep lying midfielders, but away to Man City isn't the place to test that in my view.

It does feel great having good options in so many areas (except DM!), especially up front.

Endo and Alexis double-pivot does seem sensible for a tough away game. This way Szobo can focus more on attacking and pressing high up the pitch.

The keys for both teams will be not losing the midfield battle and if things are roughly equal there, it will become a game of front lines against high defensive lines and who can exploit the space in behind better.

The whole City season ticket holder who didn't give Rodri's handball being the ref on Saturday seems a bit normal these days.

I agree that Klopp doesn't seem to trust him and yet Endo is the most natural player we have for that position. I think he's the one that should play in our tougher games.

I can see your logic, at the end of the day he can’t be any worse than Fabinho last season.

Huge test if he starts though, I would almost say akin to naby starting against Madrid in that a poor performance could damage his chances permanently.

We've been very predictable with our line-ups so far this season, for important games. And we know Pep is liable to have a brainstorm/fart with his lineups ... so does anyone see something unforeseen for this game? Both will be trying to one up the other.

We've been very predictable with our line-ups so far this season, for important games. And we know Pep is liable to have a brainstorm/fart with his lineups ... so does anyone see something unforeseen for this game? Both will be trying to one up the other.

Gakpo false 9 to pack the midfield

The whole City season ticket holder who didn't give Rodri's handball being the ref on Saturday seems a bit normal these days.

Very weird that they go for a ref that has a connection to Manchester, but its probably the new norm.
We actually have a great record when he’s the ref. I expect that to change obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom