• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man United (a) post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Casemiro is the devil, his presence must be some form of hidden kryptonite for Liverpool. Its the only explanation why we looked so shit tonight against them

What about the previous two weekend?

Milner shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11 - I’d rather us play Bajcetic than Milner at this point.

I think Casemiro is the devil, his presence must be some form of hidden kryptonite for Liverpool. Its the only explanation why we looked so shit tonight against them
Last season the fans rightly booed and yelled at the players for an abysmal display. I think we we're all out of shape, with no nunez, Thiago and Fab.
I think we need to switch to 4-2-2-2 which would allow both Fab C and Harvey to play alongside Fab and Hendo. However, the club needs to revisit the transfer market even fucking freebies like FLORIAN GRILLITSCH or even loaning in Michael Sabitzer would make us stronger

Absolutely. If the club's story now is that we aren't signing anyone because we trust in our young players, then let's fucking play them. At least we'll have some payoff when we sell them to West Ham after coming fifth.

There's a few things going on here, all of which have probably been mentioned in this thread at some point.

Injuries - we've got a shitload of them and their effect is obvious

Players past their peak - this is an aging squad that needs to be updated and rejuvenated with top players. Especially in midfield.

Lack of investment - we needed two midfielders this summer. Nevermind one. Yet we're still plugging away with geriatric Milner, a waning Hendo, Elliott who isn't ready, inconsistent (recently) Fabs, Jones who isn't good enough, shithouse Keita, injury prone and aging Thiago, Ox (paaaahahahaha), and Carvalho who looks promising but is a kid. We also got rid of Origi and Minamino and haven't replaced them. Our depth has taken a massive hit.

Mentality - these players look mentally and physically shot. Is it the effort and the disappointment of last season weighing on them, or is it simply the end of their cycle?

Tactics - pathetic today. Klopp has his approach and sticks to it steadfastly. Rightly so most of the time. But he got it majorly wrong today.

Like i said in the match thread. It's going to be a tough, tough season. Forget the title. It's done. We do have a real slog on our hands for top 4 and I wouldn't be all that surprised if we missed out. Dropping 7 points in 3 games against dross is horrendous, and Spurs, City, Arsenal all look in a better place than us. Chelsea will add to their squad and improve. Likewise United. We won't add to ours. Gonna be rough, this.
The worst thing about this post is that this isn't even negative Hal, it's actually true.

Are Rabiot and his ma still available? they can be like for like replacements for Hendo and Milner

Next 2 games until Nunez gets back id like to see us switch to a back 3…just to see something different.

Alisson
Gomez
Virgil
Robbo
Trent
Fab
Hendo
Tsimikas
Carvalho
Diaz
Salah

Surely this is better than seeing that shit line up we saw today and by line up I mean midfield.
By no means, binomial.

We'll come through this, I'm sure

But it is a bit funny that, Salah's goal apart, our two best chances were near own goals

I can't see any other solution here than to sign a couple of midfielders. Maybe that's the emotion of the game, but you look through the squad and apart from Fabinho (who is out of form) and Thiago (who dies repeatedly), none of the rest are either good enough (yet in some cases) or fit enough. Both in some cases.

Henderson - on the wane
Fabinho - top class but out of form
Thiago - top class but dead
Keita - waste of skin
Jones - is he any good? No-one knows anymore
Elliott - promising
Carvalho - promising
Milner - doing great for someone with new hips and knees but not good enough to start
Bajectic - promising
Ox - dead and probably would need three seasons of games to play himself into form

There's no combination of three players which provide a consistently good enough midfield. You can play a sub-par third member of midfield alongside an in-form and fit Fabinho and Thiago; but for a team whose game relies on those two so much it's pretty poor we don't have adequate cover for either.

Maybe if Jones gets fit and we stick with him for a bit he'll step up and become good enough, but I can't see a position he can make his own. But that's a massive punt.

Carvalho and Elliott cannot start in a midfield three. Not strong enough defensively, and rather attacking mids.
The exception is when we play part the bus teams at home.

That graphic and point is exceptionally misleading.

Konate
Thiago
Jota/Nunez

Missing for one reason or another and all of them would’ve been involved. So potentially 6 changes from 4 years ago meaning more than half the side.

I made that point last night.

Funny enough no one seemed to know what I was talking about :rolleyes:

Elliott not being good/strong defensively is a bit silly to say. Watch the first goal. He actually pushed the play back twice by his presence and closing down. Then they went and sold Trent, Milner and van Dijk to have 2/3rds of the goal to aim at.

No it isn´t. We also watch the game you know. Lacks both speed, tackling and physicality for that role.

But Thiago does?

He has more of it, and tons of other qualities too.
I am amazed that many here seem to think Elliott is the second coming. Serious amount of hopium going around.
He is a decent talent as an attacking mid, but should not yet be a starter, except the odd game at home.

Thiago has Lucas levels of tackling ability and is far from quick. He has some great attributes but he’s a 20 for injury proneness which means those attributes are useless.

Elliott is a 19 year old kid, with a handful of top flight games and I’ve got him top 3 in two of three games so far this season.

Thiago has Lucas levels of tackling ability and is far from quick. He has some great attributes but he’s a 20 for injury proneness which means those attributes are useless.

I also don´t think banking on him is sustainable for us. Too injury prone.
Derailing the discussion towards Thiago is a strawman though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom