• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man United (a) post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need another centre forward. Promote cannonier if we're not buying one. Nunez will get more reds this season, and Jota will pick up more knocks
Or a right winger?

Obviously not to replace Salah, but to give us another option if we want to move Salah centrally.

We need another centre forward. Promote cannonier if we're not buying one. Nunez will get more reds this season, and Jota will pick up more knocks

we opted for an extra gk on the bench rather than a striker though

Or a right winger?

Obviously not to replace Salah, but to give us another option if we want to move Salah centrally.

Maybe a right winger, but ideally someone who can play across the 3.

I feel like we're going to need more strikers however, as we're going to be chasing a lot of games this season

What he did should be unforgivable and was definitely spazzy. I think a bit rough technically is appropriate.
He lashed out big fucking deal, get your other half's knickers off and put on some proper pants.

Some people don't half act like fannies sometimes.

What does that even mean?

He lashed out. Got himself sent off. Cost us 2 points on the day. Hurt the selection for the following 3 games. When we already had Jota out.

We have a problem of balance. If we're going to persist with Trent at RB, we need Henderson at RCM or someone who plays like him with a bit more quality on the ball (shame we didn't get Touchameni). You simply cannot play a playmaker in Harvey Elliott as a RCM with Trent and Salah on that side too; far too attacking. Who is going to do all the defending? Gomez was left totally exposed last night.

I still don't get this thing of playing Elliott on the right of midfield. Inverted wingers make sense but inverted midfielders is a weird concept to me. When he gets through in a little channel he always has to make the crucial final ball with his wrong foot. And he's always biased towards building play down the win, rather than moving infield.

Anyway, I think it's clear we desperately need more pace in midfield. Time for the nuclear option of trying Trent there.

Fabinho holding, Trent right, Elliott left. Not like we've got that much to lose until Thiago is back.

We should sell Firmino if we can. He seems to be basically useless at this point.

With his recent displays, it might be easier to buy Bellingham than sell Firmino

There’s a school of thought that van Dijk is protecting himself for the Netherlands after miss the Euros.

There’s a school of thought that van Dijk is protecting himself for the Netherlands after miss the Euros.

I doubt that. If you go into a game with that attitude you'll get injured.
Bar his decision to stand off when Sancho scored I actually thought he played pretty well. The space left behind our midfield must have meant it was impossible to defend against.

And scored with 10 men. Imagine what we could’ve done with 11.
We started the game with 11 and played the game with 11 for just shy of an hour.....

Still 1-0 down.

Scoring with 10 was a reactionary bit of brilliance by Diaz as a result of the Nunez red.

We were the better side throughout the whole game. I believe we’d have scored more had he not been sent off. It’s easier to score when you have 11 on the pitch.

I haven't posted for about a week cos it feels so depressing - knowing there are areas to be addressed but all we can do are type and post and hope for "miracles" (from FSG mainly).

This was my post last week
post3.jpg

And my tune has been the same over the seasons, not just after the poor start/injuries we suffered.

[article]5 Feb 2021
Title Defence -are we just knackered? (thread started by @Dreambeliever)
http://sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/title-defence-are-we-just-knackered.167831/#post-2011317
post1.jpg

[/article]

[article]15 Jul 2021
The squad 2 years from now (thread started by @keniget)
http://sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/the-squad-2-years-from-now.174165/#post-2046850
post2.jpg

[/article]

[article]
1 Sep 2021
The rebuild/transfer policy (thread started by @bluebell)
http://sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/the-rebuild-transfer-policy.175732/page-3#post-2059368
post4.jpg

[/article]

While taking screenshots, I came across many excellent posts including the one below from @dmishra . I refuse to believe that Edwards, Ward & Graham can only identity 1 player for a position to strengthen. Just because Klopp doesn't "do a Benitez" and whine and got us overperforming shouldn't mean that FSG has no fault and can take him for granted. The transfer day dateline scramble for defender was an example of how re-active we are and "if we want to do something, we could". For a club that is often praised for its recruitment success, the transfer committee's expertise is under-utilized.

post dmishra.jpg

Attachments

• post1.jpg
    post1.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
That’s missing more than a quarter of the first choice. It’s 40% of the outfield team. I think you build a squad capable of challenging and that includes swapping one or two out when needed and using your bench to its fullest. You need those who are in decline to come of the bench and give it their all for 30 minutes and mentor those younger players in the squad.

We can’t have 22 top tier players that are 21-27 years old so you can just replace like for like. Unless you are paying absolute top dollar. We don’t have the money for it and never will.

Swapping out Henderson for Thiago is fine. Then Firmino for Jota that’s okay, we should be able to beat most of the league. But doing it for 4 or more positions is not something you plan for. Otherwise you’d have a bloated squad full of players kicking off at not getting enough game time.

Agreed on all that, momo. But it is not a big surprise that 40% of the outfield is not available, is it? Outside of Jota, every other player who was injured have a poor track record of injuries. Thiago, Ox, Konate - were not the most reliable in terms of injuries before we signed them. Keita, Matip - by now we are all surprised if they are available to play 7 games in a row. For Matip, last year was an outlier and this season he is regressing back to mean. In our complicated "uber-smart, data-driven" approach to transfers, we don't seem to value being available to play.

Sounds a bit like Robbo has had a pop about some of the arguing among players last night. To me, it was great to see Milner bollocking VVD, he needed it, he's not infallible or untouchable, he's been treading water for a while.

Milner was poor and is past his best, but he had more energy than most last night and also came close to scoring, I wouldn't put him near the team at the weekend, but he's earned the right to be vocal and to show some passion on the pitch. No one else bothered.

I didn’t realise Konate had a bad record, or just don’t remember before he came here. He’s been a massive miss. It seems even more absurd having that game straight after the city game. Plus, Matip was proper sound last year.

I’d never have signed Thiago based on age and not playing in the premier league, never mind his injury record. Ox and Keita should’ve been shown the door two years ago and then replaced. That’s where our issues lie. Bad planning on the clubs part. Getting 3 others in since 2020 would’ve seen us in a better position. Pushing Milner and Henderson into back ups. But just bloating the squad more right now isn’t really feasible.

Jota being fucked is hurting us. Then Nunez does that.

It’s just a perfect shit storm.

Dated 23 Jan 2021
https://theathletic.com/2339828/202...d-a-slap-how-klopp-handles-a-struggling-team/
[article]Neven Subotic, a key defensive component in that Dortmund side, admitted that some complacency had also crept in.

"When you get the feeling as a player that you've already achieved something, that you have a bit of experience, you suddenly don't want to say 'yes' to everything anymore," he told The Athletic on the issue of declining intensity. [/article]

It really isn't. I don't think we have the quality to win the title, but all this making predictions after three games is FIFA generation bollocks. We've fucked up, if anyone can put it right it's Klopp. Jeez. I'm far from a happy clappy super fan, but some of you bellends need to get a grip.
And you feel that to insult another supporter make you a "super fan"...? whatever

I base what I am saying partly because of the last three games, and partly due to losing Nunez for a few game, but mainly because of not bringing in replacement for players we should have shown the door (Milner, The Ox, Keita and dear I say it even Firmino) and the fact that City have strengthened, even Chelsea have done this, and yes it as not worked out for them thus far, but during the course of the season they will get stronger.
Yes we bought in a couple of players Nunez and Carvalho, but the trouble with us (Liverpool) is everything is done on a shoe string.

We wanted Jude Bellingham Then we should have ponied up, spent the money and bought him. Now that Utd have bought Casimiro, Real have turned their sight on Bellingham so we can kiss the thoughts of getting him goodbye

We are just too laboriously slow when it comes to chasing the best talent for Liverpool and then are forced to shop at the bargain store for talent.
And before I hear about Salah, Mane Allisson and VVD It is like shopping in TKMAXX occasionally you find a bargain but most of the stuff is just so so

The Season,s to have gone after players was 2018/19 -2019/20 The years we won the Champion League and the Title.
But we sat on our hands and did little or nothing about bringing in the talent.

Unless we change we will always play second, third or fourth fiddle to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom