• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manchester United (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean about tomorrow. Totally relaxed and looking forward to it. Mainly because we’re a much better side with a much better manager. But we’re also at home and city just lost. One less chance for them to reduce our lead. And they’re fast running out of those considering our lead.

We could have easily lost matches this season, and we could easily lose this one. The stats say I should be a lot less worried than I am, but they'll be annoying and play for counters, and we need much much higher level finishing.

We could have easily lost matches this season, and we could easily lose this one. The stats say I should be a lot less worried than I am, but they'll be annoying and play for counters, and we need much much higher level finishing.
Man up for facks sake and stop shitting the bed.

I`m off to bed and hoping I`m man enough not to shit it and we beat these cunts later ;)

Klopp isn’t going to be outfoxed twice. And with all that AI involved as well, the machine would have at least learned how to beat these scums by now, if our data science dept is as lauded as it is.

2-0 win for us please.

Yep I'm with you. I do think we'll win but I'm never confident of a win vs. United. When we expect to win, we lose, when we expect to lose, we win. It's been that way for decades.

There are only 2 matches I can see us losing in the PL this season if we don't bring our A game ; away at City and at home to United (smash and grab).

Actually if you take ONLY stats vs United into consideration then we should be more worried not less. That said we are at or about full strength and they are missing three players (didn't help us much earlier this season or last), these players aren't the same players responsible for compiling those stats ... so stats don't mean so much in that context.

Mo, Mane and Firmino have a grand total of ONE goal between them against United.

Klopp has a remarkably poor record against United ... totally anomalyous in fact, it is his worst against any team in his career (I forget exactly but less than 25% win rate).

We have only won once (or is it twice) in our last 11 matches against them.

The stats of actual performance data are remarkably similar :

Screenshot-2020-01-18-at-13-57-26.png

For the record I believe we'll win 2-0 or 2-1 but I'm definitely not oozing confidence.

Last edited:
Rashford hasn't travelled with the squad, according to MEN this is the squad:

De Gea, Romero, Grant, Jones, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Williams, Bailly, Maguire, Dalot, Shaw, Lingard, Matic, Fred, Pereira, Gomes, Mata, Chong, James, Martial, Greenwood.

Could still be mind games, with him travelling separately, but it seems a bit far fetched.

It's thirty miles away. When do they travel? He could get a cab at two.

Rashford hasn't travelled with the squad, according to MEN this is the squad:

De Gea, Romero, Grant, Jones, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Williams, Bailly, Maguire, Dalot, Shaw, Lingard, Matic, Fred, Pereira, Gomes, Mata, Chong, James, Martial, Greenwood.

Could still be mind games, with him travelling separately, but it seems a bit far fetched.

Mind games is the most overused nonsense.

With him they're just a bit less shit, still shit though.

Send him and the ghost of Duncan Edwards and they're still geting a twatting today.

Pumped for this.

After City’s result it feels like even a defeat wouldn’t be the end of the world. Takes a bit of pressure off.

I get the whole concern over Rashford and if he’s fit or not, but, it’s Rashford, not Messi. rashford is decent, but it’s not a huge deal if he’s fit or not.
we will still win and they will still score.
3-1

I get the whole concern over Rashford and if he’s fit or not, but, it’s Rashford, not Messi. rashford is decent, but it’s not a huge deal if he’s fit or not.
we will still win and they will still score.
3-1
Whilst he's not Messi, he's they're most pacey forward, & he has caused us problems before.

Considering they're extremely likely to be playing a low block & relying on the counter attack he would be a huge miss for them, & whilst I think it'd be a boost for us, it'll be a massive blow for them.

Cos we've had a long break (relatively speaking) again, I suspect we may not be at our best at all, & this is the one game where the cliche 'form goes out the window' is very true (when at their best we often took points from them, & vice versa) so any advantage is a bonus.

7-1 win.

A total thumping.

Ole left sitting on the bench for 15 minutes after the game has finished in actual tears. Me might drive to Dundee barefoot once he leaves Anfield.

Whilst he's not Messi, he's they're most pacey forward, & he has caused us problems before.

Considering they're extremely likely to be playing a low block & relying on the counter attack he would be a huge miss for them, & whilst I think it'd be a boost for us, it'll be a massive blow for them.

Cos we've had a long break (relatively speaking) again, I suspect we may not be at our best at all, & this is the one game where the cliche 'form goes out the window' is very true (when at their best we often took points from them, & vice versa) so any advantage is a bonus.

Yeh the long break thing is kinda weird. You’d think the rest and extra energy levels would suit us, but we often do seem more disjointed after a week off. Hopefully not today

Pumped for this.

After City’s result it feels like even a defeat wouldn’t be the end of the world. Takes a bit of pressure off.
You would say that.
Cannot lose to these scum, have to win. Even a draw will feel like a win to them. You know they gloat about being the only team in PL to take points away from us. 1-0 win I'll be happy with.

We can afford to lose 5 games in the league.

I know - but we don't WANT to lose, against Napoli the players did not have to try that hard did they ? - why be at your best when you don't need to be, the CL is a great place to lose / draw a few games to get it out of your system. Bit like having a shit.

Anyway Dreamy - today is going to be great - I feel like United may get smashed to bits, and I am telling when it happens @Woland will be raping the horses and riding the women ala Three Amigos style !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom