• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

mansfield vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telegraph running with Red handed, and Mansfield cheated out of 3rd round replay.

Classy

I dont care. It was a handball and the ref should have called it...

It is funny to see how people jump to the exact same excuses as my united friends defend the nummer of calls going their way. . So we are the fucking same. Unjustice is fine when it goes our way and pathetic when other gets it? I hate the feeling of being helped by a ref to beat a minor. . I would rather draw and beat them in proper manner at home. I want us to be different than them, but all i read here is the same as i expect from scum fans. .. well fine enough, just dont have a go on them next time around. .
Yeah it's embarrassing to get help in order to beat a minor.

I dont care. It was a handball and the ref should have called it...

It is funny to see how people jump to the exact same excuses as my united friends defend the nummer of calls going their way. . So we are the fucking same. Unjustice is fine when it goes our way and pathetic when other gets it? I hate the feeling of being helped by a ref to beat a minor. . I would rather draw and beat them in proper manner at home. I want us to be different than them, but all i read here is the same as i expect from scum fans. .. well fine enough, just dont have a go on them next time around. .

Hhahahhaaa you're sounding like some poor fuckers wife. Suarez has made you into his bitch

Suarez can't be held responsible for his handball, even if he owned up the ref's call would have stood

By GRAHAM POLL
PUBLISHED: 21:58 GMT, 6 January 2013 | UPDATED: 21:59 GMT, 6 January 2013
Luis Suarez has form when it comes to cheating. But in the latest incident to attract negative headlines the Uruguayan striker was blameless, scoring what proved to be the winner in the FA Cup clash at Mansfield Town.
Handball remains the only offence in law which must be deliberate for a free-kick to be awarded – if the referee sees it.

Instinct or intent? Luis Suarez handled the ball before he scored for Liverpool

Another view: Suarez bats the ball back into his path before firing it home

No chance: Alan Marriott is helpless to prevent Suarez netting the Reds' second of the tie

However, there are occasions when the officials may see a handball they do not believe to be deliberate, though penalise the offender because they have gained too great an advantage from the ball hitting the arm.
The Suarez goal was just such an incident which is why I am sue referee Andre Marriner did not see the contact, rather than judge it to be accidental. Replays certainly showed his view was obscured.
To be clear, Suarez sees the ball rebound from the Mansfield Town goalkeeper, Alan Marriott, and tries to get his arms out of the way; the ball hits his right arm and drops kindly for the striker to tap the ball into the empty net.

The celebration, the commonly known kiss of the wrist, was in no way an indication to opposing fans that he had cheated, as was asserted by the ESPN commentary team.
Having known he gained from the handball there have been suggestions that he should have told Marriner, but I do not believe that would have made any difference – other than to improve the Uruguayan’s tainted image.
Referees give what they see and stick with those decisions. The images of Liverpool’s Robbie Fowler asking Gerald Ashby to change a penalty award at Highbury are still clear – but the penalty stood.

There was a period when after such incidents referees in Germany's Bundesliga asked a player if he had handled the ball. If the player took the opportunity to admit his guilt, the goal was ruled out.
If, on the other hand, he denied it, he could be suspended with the use of video evidence. This would not need a law change to be introduced here – just a change of disciplinary code from the Football Association.
Perhaps an overspill from his days playing in Germany, Miroslav Klose did exactly that when playing for Lazio in Serie A last year. As a result, the referee disallowed the goal.

There are of course two other options; Liverpool could have allowed Mansfield to score straight from the restart, or the referee could have looked at a replay of the incident.
As neither of those are likely to happen in the foreseeable future why not allow the offender the option to confess and improve everyone’s opinion of modern day professional footballers?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2258138/Luis-Suarez-handball-Graham-Polls-verdict.html#ixzz2HEopDgeM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just watching the highlights and my overwhelming concern is Jack Robinson and his hair, seriously what the feck is going on with that? He looks like he's wearing a wig!

Just watching the highlights and my overwhelming concern is Jack Robinson and his hair, seriously what the feck is going on with that? He looks like he's wearing a wig!

He only needs to grow one of those fancy moustaches and he'll look like he's escaped from the 1875 'sport' issue of The Illustrated London News.

He only needs to grow one of those fancy moustaches and he'll look like he's escaped from the 1875 'sport' issue of The Illustrated London News.

Must have styled it on:

16azmtj.jpg

Talking of hair, what the feck did that shit-smeared CEO of Mansfield do to her husband? This is him before they married -

368751_1.jpg

and this is him now -

radford-640-480262-253935.jpg

john-radford-mansfield-town.jpg

This whole thing is funny - you get the feeling that the mainstream media just want another pop at Suarez, but are kind of screwed by the FA officials based on BR's telling of the events. I luv this, and also as someone has said - their manager in his post-match interview was great in his honesty of the outcome for that Suarez goal.

Champion really went so OTT even by his standards.

Yeah I know - felt like saying 'shut the fuck up motherf**ker', really wanted to make a big talking point out of it. Worse still - I assume he was actually at the match which meant that the speed of events that he saw the events should have meant that he had the same view as the Ref. But no - I guess they talked over the original commentry and added that for the Suarez-hating TV viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom