• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manu thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise you were a Dirk hater Fabs.
Shakes head

It's the only glitch in my "He's The White Kid Brother I Never Had And If I Did I'd Be Like WTF !? How Do I Have A White Kid Brother This Ain't Different Strokes Mutha Fucka !" fantasy.

It's like finding out after all these years, that you girlfriend and wife to be, doesn't actually love sitting down on front of the tv to watch Match of the Day while drinking beer and eating crisps, :'(

That's the thing...I don't hate him

At all

I just get annoyed when people see him as more than average. He's a great team player and you could argue that even Utd or Chelsea have dross starting weekly because it helps the team (carrick, Anderson, mikel ). But our team seems to be filled with cogs but little to set them in motion.

We have Suarez and gerrard

That's it.

Utd have Rooney, young, nani, Valencia, Hernandez, giggs, evra and Jones.
Chelsea have drogba, Torres, malouda, mereiles, ramires, Cole, mata
Arse have rvp, rosicky, Wilshire, Ramsey, arshavin (occasionally ), walcott

Yes some of them may not be the best but they drive a team, whether it be through strength, vision or pace.

So many times v Utd we were static and it fucked me off. There's never options for a pass, there's just A pass which can be played.

Tbh I know I'm being harsh, but compared to the tail end of last season, I can't see our play being much improved

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=47185.msg1412958#msg1412958 date=1318798098]
We've created 95 so far and scored 11 goals.

Utd have created 105 chances and scored 25 goals.

Barca have created 107 chances in 9 games and scored 33 goals....
[/quote]

So we're roughly converting 1 in 8/9 chances, whereas the Mancs are roughly converting 1 in 4.

That's a bit fucking frustrating to say the least.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47185.msg1412754#msg1412754 date=1318760308]

I've just seen someone mention Lucas is suspended. That's boss, cos he shouldn't get near the side until he's discovered how not to lose possession every two minutes again, & how not to made stupid fucking needless bad tackles in the middle of the park.

[/quote]

He keeps possession better than anyone in our squad, and has done so for 2 years now.

I agree with you on the tackles thing though. He gets booked too often.

And as for thoughts; well a lot of it's been covered already but the big one for me was our negativity in the first half.

The gap between midfield and Suarez was way too big. Our midfield 5 were too close to the defenders, and no one broke forward enough to support Suarez; leaving him isolated and chasing about for just about nothing.

I don't know why we went that negative. It changed in the second half with Adam and Gerrard (closest to Suarez at the time took up that role) but for me that was too late. We should have ended the match in the first half; United clearly came not to lose, so why did we sit back and let them away with it?

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47185.msg1413057#msg1413057 date=1318815698]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47185.msg1412754#msg1412754 date=1318760308]

I've just seen someone mention Lucas is suspended. That's boss, cos he shouldn't get near the side until he's discovered how not to lose possession every two minutes again, & how not to made stupid fucking needless bad tackles in the middle of the park.

[/quote]

He keeps possession better than anyone in our squad, and has done so for 2 years now.

[/quote]

I think henderson keeps possession better than anyone in the squad.

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47185.msg1412902#msg1412902 date=1318790192]
yeah i've been a bit surprised by comments of how we're in it , or how we've massively improved . Well of course we've improved on the first half of last season but that was frankly a disgrace that should never be mentioned again . For all the money we've spent i don't see much of an improvement , if any , on what we did in the 2nd half of last season.
We're 8 points off the top , 6 off united and 5 off chelsea after just 8 games...if Rafa was here we'd be going mad . We're 5th, in the race for 4th .....have we finally accepted that this is liverpool's true standing ?

Anyway perhaps i am just impatient .
[/quote]

Yeah, just a bit. You more or less just smashed a bit hole in the point straight away. We played well in the second half of last season once we'd done away with Woy and once we eventually found some balance and a settled line up. We're picking up the points and while the Stoke and Spurs games were poor, at least we're showing we've got a bit more at our disposal this season in terms of the squad, while Enrique and Adam are both showing promise. Once we find a settled line up - and I think Gerrard might be the catalyst, we'll be ok and we'll eventually give someone a hiding.

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47185.msg1412900#msg1412900 date=1318789148]
6x1Lw.gif

LOOK AT KELLY!
[/quote]

Cant stop watching that.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47185.msg1413083#msg1413083 date=1318835791]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Am i suppose to cry reading this shit statement above? Or happy? Fucking hell.

[quote author=The_Rule link=topic=47185.msg1413109#msg1413109 date=1318842333]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47185.msg1413083#msg1413083 date=1318835791]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote author=The_Rule link=topic=47185.msg1413109#msg1413109 date=1318842333]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1103ee112fb0.gif

2 points lost but strangely I'm feeling more optimistic than I have in years. Under Messrs Houllier, Benitez and Hodgson, there was always a sense of foreboding you could discern from the players after a bad result or two. I have no doubt in my mind that in seasons past, losses like that to Stoke and Spurs would have triggered our annual slump in form. This year, we grinded out results against Wolves and the bitters, and generally looked like working our way back into form before the international break. We've even had whiskeynose so worried that he had 6 defenders on the pitch from kickoff. Not even against the tippy tappy bellends from Barcelona did he afford that compliment in May. We're back in the hunt, and the world knows it.

[quote author=i_rushie link=topic=47185.msg1413134#msg1413134 date=1318849124]
2 points lost but strangely I'm feeling more optimistic than I have in years. Under Messrs Houllier, Benitez and Hodgson, there was always a sense of foreboding you could discern from the players after a bad result or two. I have no doubt in my mind that in seasons past, losses like that to Stoke and Spurs would have triggered our annual slump in form. This year, we grinded out results against Wolves and the bitters, and generally looked like working our way back into form before the international break. We've even had whiskeynose so worried that he had 6 defenders on the pitch from kickoff. Not even against the tippy tappy bellends from Barcelona did he afford that compliment in May. We're back in the hunt, and the world knows it.
[/quote]

You know what, I sort of believe that. And a win against them would have put us 3 behind them. In order for me to start believing it more, we need to put a 10 game unbeaten run together with at least 7/8 wins in there and I will really believe it.

Our form and results are patchy at best at the mo and the likes of City, Chelsea and Utd are still winning more frequently than us. Are we back? Sort of....

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47185.msg1412696#msg1412696 date=1318741531]
I totally agree, he isn't immune to criticism. It's the Henderson vs Kuyt face off that annoys me. It shouldn't be mutually exclusive, it doesn't have to be one over the other.

Yep, hope to see Henderson play centrally against Norwich. He's dynamic, good touch and technique. I just wanted him to imply himself and that drop to the bench probably helped him.
[/quote]

I would have put Bellers on the right after half an hour.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom