• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mario Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's fucking shit. He's all fucking hype, no substance and zero work rate. He doesn't even look like he's capable of enjoying himself on the pitch ever never mind put a shift in for the team. He looks depressed. I think he's got serious mental issues.

The easiest way to fix it is to drop him. The players don't seem to like playing with him, he doesn't work for the team in the way we'd hope. He's not the kind of person that seems willing to change and adapt. So drop him and move on.
Rodgers needs to decide his plan for our attacj and stick with it. Seems to be changing weekly.

Either drop him, or play a partner with him

Yesterday there were several times where he got the ball deep, ran towards the box /wide and sterling and Coutinho were jogging slowly to assist.

Not having that. Watch Benzema last night. Loads of times he came short and wide to receive the ball. He held it up, released it and within seconds was in the box. Balotelli comes, miscontrols it, lays it off and then thinks that's my work done and starts bimbling towards the box or pulling wide in the hope he can do his one trick pony thing. You know, where he cuts in from the right and tries to twat it dead hard. He's pure shite which is reinforced by his laziness and stupidity.

Yes he's been very shite for us.

But I don't hate him. In fact I feel for him. It's bleeding obvious Mario's a very confused lad, and depressed isn't too wrong either.

If Gazza went completely mental after his career dwindled, Mario seems to be gaining a step ahead of Gazza, in that he's self-destructing at a much earlier age. The problem is he doesn't want to stop it cos he's a very angry man right now.

We can't afford to psychotherapise him while paying him lots of money a week.

He should just leave for everyone's own good.

Yes he's been very shite for us.

But I don't hate him. In fact I feel for him. It's bleeding obvious Mario's a very confused lad, and depressed isn't too wrong either.

If Gazza went completely mental after his career dwindled, Mario seems to be gaining a step ahead of Gazza, in that he's self-destructing at a much earlier age. The problem is he doesn't want to stop it cos he's a very angry man right now.

We can't afford to psychotherapise him while paying him lots of money a week.

He should just leave for everyone's own good.

Yeah, I do think there's some mental root to his issues, which does make me have a touch of sympathy for him. But the bottom line for us is that the cost us a fair amount of money and he's not putting in a shift, he doesn't look likely to either. And for all the trying to pinpoint the source of his problems, there's really much you can do to excuse a complete inability to close people down (like the 3rd goal) and the swapping shirts incident.

I have never liked him as a person or as a footballer. That has not changed. I fear it never will. I dreadful signing and a black mark against Rodgers that he thought he would be the one to get the best from this overgrown child. Horrible attitude, piss poor effort, self-obsessed child.

He needs time and support. Who knows if he will turn out to be a superstar or another Heskey/Baros/Cisse. Who cares if you think he is a knob or lazy (I trust Rodgers when he says he is training hard) lets get behind him, support him, encourage him, stop bitching about him.

What the fuck are you on about? Heskey? He was a major player for us as we won numerous trophies. I'm getting sick of this media driven revisionist attitude to one of our players. Ballotelli isn't fit to lace Heskey's boots.

Not having that. Watch Benzema last night. Loads of times he came short and wide to receive the ball. He held it up, released it and within seconds was in the box. Balotelli comes, miscontrols it, lays it off and then thinks that's my work done and starts bimbling towards the box or pulling wide in the hope he can do his one trick pony thing. You know, where he cuts in from the right and tries to twat it dead hard. He's pure shite which is reinforced by his laziness and stupidity.
I watched benzema, he had willing runners going in to the box in Ronaldo and isco. He had players to play off and lay the ball to.

Balotelli needs someone to play off him. Sterling and Coutinho kept their distance from him. Only Allen seemed to run for balo.

That's not to say sterling and Coutinho weren't good, they just offered nothing for mario

I'm not sure if this question has been asked here yet or not...

If he was substituted at half-time, why wasn't he sitting on the bench in the second half?

Apparently the buffoon watched the entire second half on the dressing room telly.

B0lTUpLCAAEvBIF.png

This is his fucking heat map. Fuck off

Rodgers might as well now say to Lambert, 'You'll be the first choice striker at least until January, stop fretting over form and just go out and go for goals'. Because he's probably only around for a year, he might as well have a go and he'll certainly work for the team more than bloody Balotelli.

I watched benzema, he had willing runners going in to the box in Ronaldo and isco. He had players to play off and lay the ball to.

Balotelli needs someone to play off him. Sterling and Coutinho kept their distance from him. Only Allen seemed to run for balo.

That's not to say sterling and Coutinho weren't good, they just offered nothing for mario

Balotelli doesn't need someone to play off him, he needs someone to do all the work and graft for him.

Balotelli doesn't need someone to play off him, he needs someone to do all the work and graft for him.

I think it's all too easy to blame the shite result on Balotelli. Just because he didn't run around like a madman. He worked as hard as I expected him to work. Not much less than Coutinho.

I liken Balotelli to Berbatov. You know what you get when you play him. He's got a great touch and requires supporting runners ahead/around him. And he's never going to work his bollocks off for a team. I think more criticism should be aimed at Rodgers for signing such a player who cannot play upfront by himself, and then compound it, by actually playing him upfront by himself.

Balotelli (unlike Lambert imo) is actually physically and technically good enough to be at Liverpool (mentally there's a question still). But as a 3rd or 4th striker. A bit like how he was at City. The problem in the past for him, was he too high maintenance for a player 3rd/4th choice in the pecking order. If his attitude was what it's been off the pitch, I'd have no problems with keeping him as a squad member and a plan B, off the bench. But right now, he's our second choice striker when everyone is fit, and that's a problem when you consider Sturridge's injury record.

The sad thing about the shirt thing.. he didn't instigate it..

Pepe asked him...

Blown out of proportion if you ask me..

lets all Blame Balotteli..

This is like the world cup.. England out of the world cup, Suarez bites someone.. focus taken away from a dread awful campaign from England..

Here lets all Blame Balotelli.. I actually though he had a decent first half... The blame lies elsewhere... the Keeper being one of them...

B0lTUpLCAAEvBIF.png

This is his fucking heat map. Fuck off

This is not too bad for a striker, considering he only had 45 minutes on the pitch.

Frogfish, the map shows touches of the ball – he might have been stationed inside the penalty area, but absent an accurate cross or pass it will not show up on the heat map.

I think it's all too easy to blame the shite result on Balotelli. Just because he didn't run around like a madman. He worked as hard as I expected him to work. Not much less than Coutinho.

I liken Balotelli to Berbatov. You know what you get when you play him. He's got a great touch and requires supporting runners ahead/around him. And he's never going to work his bollocks off for a team. I think more criticism should be aimed at Rodgers for signing such a player who cannot play upfront by himself, and then compound it, by actually playing him upfront by himself.

Balotelli (unlike Lambert imo) is actually physically and technically good enough to be at Liverpool (mentally there's a question still). But as a 3rd or 4th striker. A bit like how he was at City. The problem in the past for him, was he too high maintenance for a player 3rd/4th choice in the pecking order. If his attitude was what it's been off the pitch, I'd have no problems with keeping him as a squad member and a plan B, off the bench. But right now, he's our second choice striker when everyone is fit, and that's a problem when you consider Sturridge's injury record.

I liken him to David Nugent i,e. he's just plain shite - regardless of lack of effort. And he's stupid as well when it comes to game intelligence.

What the fuck are you on about? Heskey? He was a major player for us as we won numerous trophies. I'm getting sick of this media driven revisionist attitude to one of our players. Ballotelli isn't fit to lace Heskey's boots.

The point was in regards to being perceived as an overall failure. If you like you can swap Heskey for Neil Mellor, the same point stands.

He offers too little to our team and is potentially actually detrimental to how Rodgers wants us to play.

In rowing we would call him a 'handbrake' or 'rhythm tampon' because he actually disrupts how the team wants to play.

Great, he sometimes holds the ball up well but his positioning/ runs (or lack of)/ ability to pass to team mates/ play intricately around the box are all sub par. I hope after this he isn't even in the Hull squad - he needs a kick up the arse and we need to give other players a run.

To all those who think he doesn't need a partner up front, it may be worth considering BR's own thoughts on the matter. He said on radio only this week that he performs best with someone up front with him. Which of course isn't why BR now plays him up front alone.

Do you think he actually LIKES football? I can't figure out why he plays it. There's no joy, no excitement, no appetite there at all - or if it is there is it's damn well hidden.

BR: Any action I would take with Mario would be kept within ourselves. Of course, we had a conversation on the culture of this club.
BR: There’s been no reaction to Mario Balotelli’s shirt swap from the rest of the squad and speculation is inevitable.
BR: You have to accept that criticism is part of the game, but the boy [Balotelli] is trying very, very hard. We’ll see how that turns out.
BR: As long as he’s doing his best, that’s all I can ask. But that’s the same for every player, not just Mario.

Yesterday there were several times where he got the ball deep, ran towards the box /wide and sterling and Coutinho were jogging slowly to assist.

I doubt even Dirk would continue to run into supporting positions time after time after watching him being a ball greedy numbskull and ballooning 8 or 9 shots high and wide from about 30-40 yards or straight into a defender every game!

Do you think he actually LIKES football? I can't figure out why he plays it. There's no joy, no excitement, no appetite there at all - or if it is there is it's damn well hidden.

I reckon he's bored with the whole thing and has stayed with it solely for the money and the lifestyle. I doubt he's the only player who feels like that, but not many are immature enough not to give a rat's about showing it to those who pay their wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom