• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mario Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all think he's boss cos he's mad as a box of frogs, a character, a Jack The Lad, a bit wacky, a bit way out there when in reality, wherever he's played he's not been THAT brilliant. He must be one of the most overhyped players in the game.
Nah, that's all a delightful side issue

I see enough in his game to know he could be a good player for us. His strengths aren't off the shoulder on the defender (but he is trying that). Today he got the ball from deep several times and was waiting for someone to make the run. No one did.

He needs a willing partner. Borini or Lallana for me.

Sterling didn't seem to like playing that role with someone

Of course he could still come good but he's playing like shite and acting like a nob

At first he wasn't fit, then he had to get used to working hard / playing the Liverpool way, now he can't play up front on his own and of course he 'just needs a goal'. Fair enough maybe he needs a partner but can't he just do a half decent impression of a premier league striker until then? Nothing fancy just run about a bit, not whinge or go down easily, hit the odd shot on target, maybe hold the ball up once in a while, that sort of thing.

There's no doubt our performances aren't just his fault, in fact imo Suarez masked a shit load of problems last year and now they're becoming apparent in his absence. But Mario is a detriment to our attack at the moment which is why he's pissing me off.

Nah, that's all a delightful side issue

I see enough in his game to know he could be a good player for us. His strengths aren't off the shoulder on the defender (but he is trying that). Today he got the ball from deep several times and was waiting for someone to make the run. No one did.

He needs a willing partner. Borini or Lallana for me.

Sterling didn't seem to like playing that role with someone

If he was a young kid just starting out I'd agree. But he's not. He has form. Leopard / Spots. Old dog / new tricks yadda yadda yadda

I like how everyone thinks sticking Studge next to him will make him good.
Yeah I know he played in the Spurs game but even in that he didn't do much did he? I'd say Studge enjoyed his presence and dragging defenders but he was still shit.

All of those who say he'll come good when he's not alone up front, ask yourself do you really believe that? When Studge is there, will he start running? will he start passing? will he stop hitting it from impossible angles? Will Sturridge make him give a fuck about the game?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's got some ability in him but the only way he'll make it here is if he'll realize he's mediocre at best at the moment, keep his head down and just keep it simple on the pitch, play like a pro.

If he was a young kid just starting out I'd agree. But he's not. He has form. Leopard / Spots. Old dog / new tricks yadda yadda yadda
All true. But I don't believe he's past the point of learning. He's slowly trying the intelligent runs and trying to improve his all round game.

At the moment I honestly believe Mario is the scapegoat for our slow, labored build up. He's not the cause of it, the others aren't willing to try and adapt themselves. Coutinho still hesitates with the ball sterling still tries too many tricks, hendo hesitates and Gerrard tries those fucking Hollywood balls.

Mobility is our issue. Henderson seems worried to go too far forward in to suave for fear of Gerrard being caught out.

Allen today didn't give a fuck. He bombed up and was in and around the box like a champ. Same with Can when he came on.

I think the problem is us having to adapt a system that worked last season for a tit who can't score.
If we could replace Suarez I'm sure we would have.

No other player offers as much as he does.

We went for a support striker who can hold up the ball and make smart passes. Problem is, now we don't have anyone for him to make those passes to as Sturridge is made of sand

Rodgers will sell him in the summer.

He'll go to Galatasary for 12M or something.

I don't give a fuck if he looked slightly more arsed tonight. That's the absolute minimum he should be offering. He's been appalling, and he doesn't even look bothered about it.

If I as Rickie Lambert I'd be asking Rodgers some serious questions.

I had a £10 bet on Balotelli to get a hat-trick at 50/1.

If Rodgers hadn't taken Mario off at half-time, I could have been £500 better off now.

:mad:

LTW, Portly and Fabio ... who else is in this ever shrinking 'Mario could still come good' Fan Club?
I'm in the, he might be good or he might be shit, but I'm not going to completely write him off and abuse him before he's had a real chance to adapt club.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked here yet or not...

If he was substituted at half-time, why wasn't he sitting on the bench in the second half?

87% of people thought he would be a success a couple of months ago. Shall we have another poll?
It will be 87% think he is a failure and nothing is going to change in that regard. Count me in that 87%. I'm all for giving a player a chance if he shows some heart and a willingness to adapt. Balo is showing none if that.

All true. But I don't believe he's past the point of learning. He's slowly trying the intelligent runs and trying to improve his all round game.

At the moment I honestly believe Mario is the scapegoat for our slow, labored build up. He's not the cause of it, the others aren't willing to try and adapt themselves. Coutinho still hesitates with the ball sterling still tries too many tricks, hendo hesitates and Gerrard tries those fucking Hollywood balls.

Mobility is our issue. Henderson seems worried to go too far forward in to suave for fear of Gerrard being caught out.

Allen today didn't give a fuck. He bombed up and was in and around the box like a champ. Same with Can when he came on.
Sorry Fabio, pointing out deficiencies in Sterling and Coutinho while defending Balotelli like you've been doing across different threads is ridiculous. Balotelli's rendered us a 10-man team at the moment.

He makes only one run - a jaunt out on to the left wing - where he waits for the ball to be played to him, cuts in and shoots. That's it - fucking 20 times a game. No other run. No one can adapt to a player like that. He's making the front movement utterly predictable, giving the CBs the liberty of not giving a fuck about him, and putting the onus on Sterling and Coutinho to basically carry the ball into the box themselves.

While I'm at it, Coutinho was actually excellent yesterday - technically he was at par or better than any of the galacticos - he kept possession, carried the ball forward and was generally very positive. I'm glad he's dug his heels and understood that end product needs to be a major part of his game. You can see he's putting in conscious effort into that - an assist for Brazil in midweek, a very positive run and goal against QPR, and again a very positive run and near goal last night. If he keeps this up, he'll be like a new signing.
I really thought he went up against Isco and James wanting to show that he can be as good as them (though must say Isco was fucking superb ).

Apropos the shirt-swapping...Surely Pepe has questions to answer? If I was Ancelotti I'd be fucking raging that he got that lump's shirt instead of Jordan Henderson's.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked here yet or not...

If he was substituted at half-time, why wasn't he sitting on the bench in the second half?

I'm guessing Rodgers knew about the shirt swap, despite the post match interview, either that or Mario got a gob on. Either way, he should just throw the book at him, hold his hands and admit it was a mistake to give him a chance at our club and look to cut his losses (impossible I know).

Does he have some kind of behavioral clause in his contract?

Btw, Aubameyang has 9 goals this season, and Lacazette has 8. Wish we'd signed one of them.

Think we should go all out for Lacazette in January.

Sorry Fabio, pointing out deficiencies in Sterling and Coutinho while defending Balotelli like you've been doing across different threads is ridiculous. Balotelli's rendered us a 10-man team at the moment.

If balotelli gets the ball outside the box, why aren't our other attackers moving in to the box, either for a follow up or a passing outlet .

Only Allen seemed to take up decent attacking positions on the edge of the box
No one is working with balotelli

Probably

It's rodgers job to fix that

The easiest way to fix it is to drop him. The players don't seem to like playing with him, he doesn't work for the team in the way we'd hope. He's not the kind of person that seems willing to change and adapt. So drop him and move on.

If balotelli gets the ball outside the box, why aren't our other attackers moving in to the box, either for a follow up or a passing outlet .

Only Allen seemed to take up decent attacking positions on the edge of the box
No one is working with balotelli

I think it's more complex than that Fabs and you're cutting him way too much slack. He's had the ball on the edge of the box alot of times with bodies in there and he's chosen to let his head drop and either run into a blind alley, too many opposition bodies or to just shoot and hope for the best. There support is there, I'm done with the "not enough players around him" excuse.

Also, his positioning yesterday for their third goal was a joke, he had a yard of space to constrict and it stops the ball going into the box, but instead he just stands there. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the sole reason he got hooked, because it was pathetic.

Yesterday there were several times where he got the ball deep, ran towards the box /wide and sterling and Coutinho were jogging slowly to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom