• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match Thread - West Ham V Liverpool Fa Cup Fourth Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
We put out effectively a second team. West Ham were close to full strength. We carried the fight to them while they used extra experience to con the referee. Disappointing to lose, but much to be encouraged by.

I liked Chirivella's contribution tonight. The lad has a good appreciation of the space around him and if he can get a bit stronger then could be a valuable asset.

Come on Mark that's harsh on Lucas, the lad has played better than anyone tonight and the referee gives a soft free kick against him which the team could have defended better collectively and you blame Lucas for the loss. It's not like he gave away a stupid penalty or played a bad back pass and was directly responsible. I notice there was no blame for the players who missed all the chances at the other end.

Nail on the head.

I have said it before. Some members here HATES Lucas. It is not fantasy, it is a fact. They hate Lucas more than they love the club. That is also a fact.

Lucas played the best game one of our central defenders done for years. He is our best central defenders because he is a defensive leader and read the game excellent. He had no problem against much taller players in the air because he know when he should push a player in the box so the player can't control the ball.

Players like Sakho, Skrtel and Lovren have much to learn from Lucas.

Nail on the head.

I have said it before. Some members here HATES Lucas. It is not fantasy, it is a fact. They hate Lucas more than they love the club. That is also a fact.

Lucas played the best game one of our central defenders done for years. He is our best central defenders because he is a defensive leader and read the game excellent. He had no problem against much taller players in the air because he know when he should push a player in the box so the player can't control the ball.

Players like Sakho, Skrtel and Lovren have much to learn from Lucas.
Where the fuck is Rosco when you need someone banned?

If Mignolet had played a blinder and fucked up in the last minute of extra time he would get pasted. Lucas on the other hand everyone gets all defensive over

Why hasn't you blamed eveyone of our players that given away a corner that the opposition scored from? Answer that please.

The freekick wasn't even close to the box. It was around 10 yards out out on the left.

I don't want to come across as defending Lucas no matter what but it was noticeable tonight how much organising, encouraging and when needed bollocking Lucas did tonight. He was invaluable to the inexperienced players.
It's sad that a defensive midfielder that has seen better days showed the rest of our centre halves how to lead and defend tonight.
I hope that Klopp gives more chances to the youngsters as they have showed more bottle , desire and skill than most of the so called first team.

I don't want to come across as defending Lucas no matter what but it was noticeable tonight how much organising, encouraging and when needed bollocking Lucas did tonight. He was invaluable to the inexperienced players.
It's sad that a defensive midfielder that has seen better days showed the rest of our centre halves how to lead and defend tonight.
I hope that Klopp gives more chances to the youngsters as they have showed more bottle , desire and skill than most of the so called first team.

Lucas is our leader and real Captain. He shows that everytime he play.

If Lucas gave away a freekick 50 yards from goal that they score from then some members would still blame him. That is not a joke.

I'm not a fan of Lucas generally but when a player plays so well out of position, it's difficult to criticise too much.

If Mignolet had played a blinder and fucked up in the last minute of extra time he would get pasted. Lucas on the other hand everyone gets all defensive over

Because average as Lucas has been in what 8 years ming has still has cost us more times than him in 2 1/2. It's one thing getting a harsh free kick called against you 30 yards out and another letting in countless soft goals.

Benteke's a strange one tonight.

His current lack of confidence in front of goal and subsequent awful finishing cost us dear - we should have won comfortably.

However, he had his best game in a while regards his general touch, play and movement and seemed to combine relatively well with Sturridge. Just maybe there's signs he'll turn a corner, he just needs any old goal right now.

Origi seemed to continue in the vein of his rising confidence pre-injury. He could have a strong finish to the season.

Should Mignolet have saved the winner? Just struck me that he was nowhere to be found. Ok, he may have slipped but it's a goal and he's nowhere near it. Would be nice for him to surprise us for once.

Lucas undoes all his hard work by giving away that stupid free kick. He's done it for years and that's why he's not good enough. He played well generally but ultimately cost us. Ok, we could have defended the free kick but we didn't and they scored the winner, so he has to be culpable irrespective of what else he did well.

Also, Benteke isn't good enough. Sturridge already making him look like a pub player despite not being anywhere near match fit

Though youngsters did well and would rather see more of them than likes of Milner. I think Ibe needs moving on tho. Just no end product

Lucas was ace, a genuine leader.

We were excellent but ran out of legs a bit but still battled.

I actually feel sorry for Benteke because he cost us the game and is clearly going through a terrible bad patch. I really hope he starts to fire, he is much better than he's shown so far.

I'm feeling more optimistic about the future now than after the weekend or even after the Stoke 2nd leg when the so called first team were dire

Stewart I'm still trying to get my head around. Is he actually decent or is it all a trick?

I'm with you on that. I've gone from itching for him to get his chance and feeling he did well, to subsequently concluding he's more likely to end up in the Championship, and the tonight being really impressed by his relentless energy and aggression.

He needs a run of games in the league to see if he can progress.

If you give a permanent place in your defence to a man who can't tackle, it's never going to end well. I have seen us give away so many goals over the years because of Lucas's inability to tackle properly, that I am just fed up with him. I agree that Lucas had a good game tonight, but the tackling thing is always going to let him down. He's not going to learn how to do it at this stage in his career.

The thing is that he makes it so easy for referees with the sheer clumsiness. If you look at Flanno's performance tonight, he was quite rough but he largely got away with it.

If you give a permanent place in your defence to a man who can't tackle, it's never going to end well. I have seen us give away so many goals over the years because of Lucas's inability to tackle properly, that I am just fed up with him. I agree that Lucas had a good game tonight, but the tackling thing is always going to let him down. He's not going to learn how to do it at this stage in his career.

The thing is that he makes it so easy for referees with the sheer clumsiness. If you look at Flanno's performance tonight, he was quite rough but he largely got away with it.
Lucas gave away 4 fouls in 120 minutes it's not like he was racing around recklessly kicking everyone in sight. And we conceded from a set piece again which is a problem the team has not one player in particular.

Because average as Lucas has been in what 8 years ming has still has cost us more times than him in 2 1/2. It's one thing getting a harsh free kick called against you 30 yards out and another letting in countless soft goals.

Yup. It boggles the mind, granted it is quite hard to be a Lucas fan, even when he plays well and is "in form" so to speak he is so unspectacular that said the disapprobation he receives is enormous compared to what he deserves. Mignolet on the other hand... Dear dear God... I would carry on but it would turn into a rant.

This is clearly a fucking disastrous season on the back of some disastrous business over the last 18 months and our misery is compounded by the clear weakness of the league in general, it would have been a fine fine time not have been so shit, the sense of missed opportunity after 20million years of waiting is palpable.

This season so far has been the convergence of 3 main factors; Swingeing injuries to the whole team especially to our forward line, Excessive fixtures and shit goalkeeping.

All 3 of those factors have been magnified by the sense of "what if.." a great deal of the best football played on these shores over the last 3 years has been by that bunch of shithouses, even this fucked up rhythmless mess of a season.

The only real highlight for me is Klopp and the fact that we have got him, the man oozes class and i truly believe that if we can back him and avoid the lunacy of a game every 3 days with no players next time out we can definitely do good things next season.

Apart from Mig... i see Mig as a cancer to our team and he must be binned, I am convinced it is essential.

Last edited:
Lucas is our leader and real Captain. He shows that everytime he play.

If Lucas gave away a freekick 50 yards from goal that they score from then some members would still blame him. That is not a joke.

Fuck off for good.

THAT is not a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom